Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Au synths not too deep not too shallow?

Looking for fun AU synths, not too deep not too shallow.
Looking to stay creative but not pull my hair out.
Perfect example-Viking Synth by blam soft.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Zeeon.

Not sure why, but I find the interface really easy to navigate. Even the iPhone 'compact' version is usable.

• @pauly said:
    Zeeon.

Not sure why, but I find the interface really easy to navigate. Even the iPhone 'compact' version is usable.

Yup great one. What helped me with zeeon was comming from a korg minilouge. Very similar. I know im late again but viking synth, wow awesome sound and operation!

• Do you have:

Tardigrain? Really fun to pick a little WAV File segment and hear a new sound

KQ Dixie? - so many presets to work through 'cause DX7

Volt? (randomize) play (randomize) play...

• Moog Model D
    Troublemaker

• @McDtracy said:
    Do you have:

Tardigrain? Really fun to pick a little WAV File segment and hear a new sound

KQ Dixie? - so many presets to work through 'cause DX7

Volt? (randomize) play (randomize) play...

Volt n tardigrainon da list thx. KQ have it but its the opposite of what im looking for here. (though it sounds great, programing fm 😑)

• I personally really like Phasemaker with its randomise for interesting FM stuff.

• Microtera and egsy01 are nice and pretty simple

• In addition to what has already been mentioned, Poison-202 and Kauldron.

• I think all the Icegear ones hit that spot pretty well.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I personally really like Phasemaker with its randomise for interesting FM stuff.

I just wish the quick edit settings were exposed as AUv3 parameters.

• @pauly said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I personally really like Phasemaker with its randomise for interesting FM stuff.

I just wish the quick edit settings were exposed as AUv3 parameters.

That would be cool, for sure.

Lots of good ones here already but I don't think anyone mentioned Sunrizr.

• edited September 2018

@e121 said:
    iSEM.

+1. Still my favorite VA. And the programmer screen can really open it up. Just wish the AU loaded faster! And that each slot in the programmer screen had independent lengths and clock divisions. :)

• Lorentz and Viking both fit the simple-but-decent-mileage bill

• edited September 2018

For me Zeeon and DRC are both great and truly analog sounding.

• @AikiGhost said:
    For Zeeon and DRC are both great and truly analog sounding.

Zeeon is one of the deepest synths on iOS available.

• @Cib said:

@AikiGhost said:

Id say its fairly Deep but also simple in use. For me the really deep synths are always the modular things like Audulus and ZMors.

• Kauldron has a lot of good presets and randomization to get you started easily. Then you can dig as deep as you want.

• No non-modular synth is deep enough for me. So I start with whatever preset sounds good and add animation with Fox.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    No non-modular synth is deep enough for me. So I start with whatever preset sounds good and add animation with Fox.

🦊?

• Redshrike? Viking Synth?

• @anickt said:
    Kauldron has a lot of good presets and randomization to get you started easily. Then you can dig as deep as you want.

great sounding synth as well.

• @Cib said:

@AikiGhost said:

Zeeon is fairly deep but certainly not among the deepest.

• edited September 2018

Wavemapper does some deep things in a very accessible way.
    Enkl is another cool VA, simple one page GUI but capable af. See also: NS1, NFM, Unique, Phosphor 2, and of course Sunrizer!

• @Cib said:

@AikiGhost said:

Since I like your sound design a lot, I'd be interested to know why you think it's one of the deepest synths on iOS.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Wavemapper does some deep things in a very accessible way.
    Enkl is another cool VA, simple one page GUI but capable af. See also: NS1, NFM, Unique, Phosphor 2, and of course Sunrizer!

+1 for Enkl. It's my go to for "let me test this other thing real quick". Sounds great, loads quickly, easy and fast to get bread and butter sounds but has plenty of interesting edges.

• Viking Synth would seem to fit that bill perfectly.
    Ships with a ton of presets, but has an intuitive/classic analog synth layout/workflow.

• @syrupcore said:

@Cib said:

@AikiGhost said:

Since I like your sound design a lot, I'd be interested to know why you think it's one of the deepest synths on iOS.

While it looks simple first the modulation matrix offers a kind of semi-modular world at audio rate and offers a lot things. Really very versatile and deep synth.
    Of course there are more complex monsters (but not as good in terms of DSP).