Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• IAP at half price, too.

• edited December 2013

It also got a (free) injection with over 50 new, well needed, symphonic instruments. Really nice new piano, choir, strings and horns (that kinda gets dragged down a bit by the low quality reverb and other effects in music studio, but it does support Audiobus fortunately)

• Update and no IAA

• The progress of Musicstudio development is really slow, but mostly worth the waiting.

Regarding to the developer's forum, this are the coming features:

"Features we plan to add in Music Studio 2.5

• Better effect routing, making single track effects possible
    • Bluetooth mode setup option
    • More grid lines in the piano-roll editor
    • Wave editor ruler to optionally show bars instead of seconds
    • Auto backup to prevent accidentally overwriting projects
    • Breath control (MIDI CC02)

High priority features for the upcoming updates

• Inter-App Audio recording & effects
    • Bar editor audio region trimming
    • Tempo track
    • Vibrato effect (and maybe modulation wheel tremolo)
    • Arpeggiator
    • Wave editor copy & paste, convert stereo to mono"
  • It's that over NanoStudio or not?

• Wow, and still no update to their extremely outdated graphical keyboard screen? (No sizing, double-keyboard option, etc...) It's baffling why they won't make this 1 improvement which, to me, makes the entire app much more viable, since I mostly use apps for their touch screen capabilities.

• Try pinching or unpinching the blue 'readout display' at top centre of the screen. Then kick yourself. :)

• edited December 2013

lol. There's also a double keyboard icon.

• Oops, see what happens when I post before my morning coffee? LOL I'm ranting about the wrong app! I was complaining about Meteor...

Music Studio has one of the best keyboards for touch screen, IMO. I did stop using the app a while back, because I felt the included sounds were too canned sounding and the file system was leading me to make too many accidental overwrites/erasures of song files. (One of the first DAWs that I bought...) All in all, I think it's a very strong app, though.

@PaulB, self kick accomplished :-) Now back to our regularly programmed viewing...