Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro (now released!)

18910111214»

Comments

• It was one of the apps that made me want to do music on iOS, after seeing the video below.

It was, I think, the first music app I bought, for my iPhone before I had my iPad. Having said that, I've hardly used it as it hasn't really fitted well with how I've ended up making music. But I really want to learn how to incorporate it in some way. It's definitely and amazing and innovative app.

• I agree the price seems reasonable , however I would like to try it first before I buy it or sign up for anything. I just don't like that sort of business model.

• @BladeRunner said:
    I agree the price seems reasonable , however I would like to try it first before I buy it or sign up for anything. I just don't like that sort of business model.

I don't understand? This offers all three: free to try, subscription if you want to try longer and a buy flat out at a now discounted price!

• @BladeRunner If we could offer the app for trial without subscription we would, but Apple only allows for trials if we offer a subscription model, that’s why we changed. But since we didn’t want to force anyone to subscribe we kept the option of buying it for a fixed price as well.

• @BladeRunner said:
    I agree the price seems reasonable , however I would like to try it first before I buy it...

My suggestion is you take a little time on YouTube and at the developer’s webpage to try and grok the concept and see if it makes sense to your music making. It has a learning curve. You need to wrap your head around a different way of making music. If you watch some videos and decide it’s something you want to experiment with, the price won’t be an obstacle.

• OK Folks. I see now. Sorry I made that initial comment. I don't think I am quite ready to buy it at this point in time. You see, I actually know how to play some instruments and sometimes my own imagination actually works. But the app looks like fun and maybe in the future I may give it a go.

• @BladeRunner said:
    OK Folks. I see now. Sorry I made that initial comment. I don't think I am quite ready to buy it at this point in time. You see, I actually know how to play some instruments and sometimes my own imagination actually works. But the app looks like fun and maybe in the future I may give it a go.

Not much point in being „sorry“ and then going on to make snide remark about other people’s abilities. I actually agree with your sentiment about being able to try before you buy but when the developer makes its clear that it is not possible with the way the AppStore IAPs are structured, I think that’s a pretty understandable. Just as some food for thought, you wouldn’t go into a Michelin star restaurant kicking up a fuss that they won’t let you try the food for free even when you‘re willing to pay for a full 12 course meal if you like it...

You‘re talking about an app that costs less than what some people send on coffee in a day and that’s for a full perpetually license!

On a more positive note, I just found out about this app and decided to give it a shot. After only a couple of hours trying to wrap my head around it, I would say this is easily up there already as one of my fav apps.
    Sure it’s deep but only as deep as you want it too be. It’s actually super immediate and really thoughtfully designed.

And to touch on the point of being able to play instruments and having a working imagination, I literally can’t think of a better app to compliment these wonderful traits!

Seriously though, if anyone is on the fence about this, just give it a shot. The app is so flexible that you will for sure get something to work with your workflow (or completely change it, if that’s what you’re going for) and at the current price it’s a complete no brainier for me.

• @ronnieb said:

@BladeRunner said:
    OK Folks. I see now. Sorry I made that initial comment. I don't think I am quite ready to buy it at this point in time. You see, I actually know how to play some instruments and sometimes my own imagination actually works. But the app looks like fun and maybe in the future I may give it a go.

Not much point in being „sorry“ and then going on to make snide remark about other people’s abilities.

Hang on there Mr. I was not being snide and was quite polite with my statement. No one said anything about other people's abilities. I think you are being a little over sensitive and dramatic. And at least you are not snide, but _______________(fill in the blank). LOL
    Happy Holidays and enjoy your New Year ya-all.

• @BladeRunner said:

@ronnieb said:

@BladeRunner said:

Not much point in being „sorry“ and then going on to make snide remark about other people’s abilities.

Hang on there Mr. I was not being snide and was quite polite with my statement. No one said anything about other people's abilities. I think you are being a little over sensitive and dramatic. And at least you are not snide, but _______________(fill in the blank). LOL
    Happy Holidays and enjoy your New Year ya-all.

Dude you said „You see, I actually know how to play some instruments and sometimes my own imagination actually works“ which to me, is pretty obviously condescending. But I am for sure a bit sensitive to the topic, people often seem to underestimate the work that goes into these apps and it just seems like people feel the need to complain just to make a point.

Either way, the whole point of my post wasn’t to call you out but rather counter to your complaint, from my perspective. And more importantly to highlight that, for €9, you are getting an incredible amount of functionality in a super well designed package.

Happy new year you filthy animals 🥳

• edited December 2020

There is a trial period (7 days) for free for anyone wanting to test the app before buying.
    I made a decision to buy it 30 minutes after activating the trial. But now my free subscription is valid till 5th of January. Hope it will be still discounted by this time ;)

The app is amazing. Just surfing through presets gives you an idea what is possible and how flexible it is. Will be using it mostly with midi out to create semi-generates melodies into an external DAW. And it is still possible to use the app completely standalone as it offers sequencing and has built in sound font libraries.
    Great job on developer's site.

• @SimonSomeone said:
    It was one of the apps that made me want to do music on iOS, after seeing the video below.

It was, I think, the first music app I bought, for my iPhone before I had my iPad. Having said that, I've hardly used it as it hasn't really fitted well with how I've ended up making music. But I really want to learn how to incorporate it in some way. It's definitely and amazing and innovative app.

I feel the same way about it - it seemed like a good idea, but I just can’t find a way to use it with just noodling aimlessly.

Maybe I’ll give it another go and see what happens.

• @JesperNordin said:
    @BladeRunner If we could offer the app for trial without subscription we would, but Apple only allows for trials if we offer a subscription model, that’s why we changed. But since we didn’t want to force anyone to subscribe we kept the option of buying it for a fixed price as well.

That’s the best combination of purchasing options.

Great app!

• It’s a fantastic instrument. You will indeed need to take some time to figure things out but as a music app that truly meshes with the touch interface it’s up there with Samplr, TC-11 and Poly 2.

In addition, @JesperNordin has been very responsive over the years and the Gestrument YouTube channel has plenty of information:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Gestrument/playlists

• edited January 2021

How exactly do you buy Gestrument? I enabled the demo period and now there seems no way to purchase.

• @Ailerom said:
    How exactly do you buy Gestrument? I enabled the demo period and now there seems no way to purchase.

The same here. You need to cancel the subscription in apple account settings and wait 7 days.

• Some unexpected sounds from Gestrument :D :D Trash Metal or something ...

• @israelite said:

@Ailerom said:

The same here. You need to cancel the subscription in apple account settings and wait 7 days.

So basically, because I wanted to try it, I miss the sale?

• This sounds very strange - I will look into that. If that’s the case then we will find a way for you to get it.

• @JesperNordin said:
    This sounds very strange - I will look into that. If that’s the case then we will find a way for you to get it.

Thanks, please let me know what the outcome is.

• @Pxlhg said:
    Some unexpected sounds from Gestrument :D :D Trash Metal or something ...

That is wild.

• Hi @israelite and @Ailerom - this was another unforeseen drawback with the way Apple handles subscriptions. It's strange though, since I don't remember this problem from earlier sales (but we haven't had that many since we changed to subscriptions), so maybe this was a change in iOS14.
    Anyway - our main app developer Jonatan Liljedahl (Kymatica) suggested that it might work if you delete the app completely and re-install it. Please make sure to back up any presets you made though since all data will be erased. Keep me posted if this works or not. If it doesn't - we will add another mini-sale for you guys and anyone else who might have had the same problem!

• @JesperNordin said:
    Hi @israelite and @Ailerom - this was another unforeseen drawback with the way Apple handles subscriptions. It's strange though, since I don't remember this problem from earlier sales (but we haven't had that many since we changed to subscriptions), so maybe this was a change in iOS14.
    Anyway - our main app developer Jonatan Liljedahl (Kymatica) suggested that it might work if you delete the app completely and re-install it. Please make sure to back up any presets you made though since all data will be erased. Keep me posted if this works or not. If it doesn't - we will add another mini-sale for you guys and anyone else who might have had the same problem!

Thanks. That doesn't work. Already tried it but just to make sure I did again. It just comes back automatically in sub mode.

• Ok! I have already changed the sale to last until January 7 - I hope that’s enough for everyone!

• edited January 2021

@JesperNordin said:
    Hi @israelite and @Ailerom - this was another unforeseen drawback with the way Apple handles subscriptions. It's strange though, since I don't remember this problem from earlier sales (but we haven't had that many since we changed to subscriptions), so maybe this was a change in iOS14.

Thank you Jesper. Yes, the app checks the subscription status and there is no option to buy the full feature set when subscription is active. I will be able to buy the app on 5th Jan, when free subscription expires.
    If you guys can keep the sale price till then, it would be very welcome :) Thanks in advance.

• @JesperNordin said:
    Ok! I have already changed the sale to last until January 7 - I hope that’s enough for everyone!

Well that didn't work so well. My trial just ran out, it's the 6th of Jan here and it's back to full price.

• Strange, there must have been some issue. But now I've changed the sale again so it will last until January 8 - please let me know if there is a problem! @Ailerom @israelite

• Yes. Just got it. Thank you @JesperNordin !

• Go and give a well deserved good rating for this app!

• @JesperNordin said:
    Strange, there must have been some issue. But now I've changed the sale again so it will last until January 8 - please let me know if there is a problem! @Ailerom @israelite

Thank you. It was back to sale price. I'll write a review when I've spent more time with it.

• I don't know what the sale price was back in January 2021 but it seems that the subscription is the only option (i.e. you have to cancel and wait in order to buy it). Presently it is showing as £1.49 per month or £16.99 outright purchase).
    I've cancelled my free trial (i.e. before the first payment on 29/6/22) so now I expect to get prompted sometime later to either subscribe or buy (?)
    Strange way of having to go about things.
    Fingers crossed...