PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

Gestrument Pro (now released!)

167891012»

Comments

• I just remember the pre and post release buzz about this app. I have to say it looks and sounds impressive but everything’s gone quiet.

I haven’t picked it up yet but would be interested to hear if anybody’s using it and on the whole how’s it going.

Thanks

• What happened to the bundle?

It was there, then it was gone.

No love?

• @supadom said:
    I just remember the pre and post release buzz about this app. I have to say it looks and sounds impressive but everything’s gone quiet.

I haven’t picked it up yet but would be interested to hear if anybody’s using it and on the whole how’s it going.

Thanks

I still use it and love it, mostly for more atmospheric/ambient/symphonic stuff. I'll be honest and say that I don't find it intuitive on more rhythmic type stuff. But it's great for my more mellow side.

• I think the impression of silence around the app is mostly that we haven’t posted any videos for a while, but they are coming!!

As for the bundle - it was a world of hurt for us... We wanted everyone who had the original Gestrument to be able to get a good deal, but AppStores bundle rules made things more or less impossible! We tried several different ways and finally we took it away (as we announced in advance as much as we could).

@lukesleepwalker - I understand what you mean, but I think it’s actually almost even more powerful in rhythmic music. But with all the possibilities we also get a bit more of complexity...

• Politics, I understand. No worries.
    Keep up the good work.

• @JesperNordin said:
    I think the impression of silence around the app is mostly that we haven’t posted any videos for a while, but they are coming!!

As for the bundle - it was a world of hurt for us... We wanted everyone who had the original Gestrument to be able to get a good deal, but AppStores bundle rules made things more or less impossible! We tried several different ways and finally we took it away (as we announced in advance as much as we could).

@lukesleepwalker - I understand what you mean, but I think it’s actually almost even more powerful in rhythmic music. But with all the possibilities we also get a bit more of complexity...

I greatly admire the rhythmic presets; just haven't wrapped my head around HOW to get that going. I will get to it eventually!

• @JesperNordin said:
    I think the impression of silence around the app is mostly that we haven’t posted any videos for a while, but they are coming!!

If there was a thorough tutorial focused on rhythmical use I’d be more then eager to see it. I love to listen to sparse/ambient music but find it difficult to fully embrace it in my little creative world.

• edited February 6