Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro (now released!)

Comments

• @Norbert said:

@marcuspresident said:

@david_2017 said:
    You’re killing it lately, Sir!!!
    Love your latest stuff, now the question that stand in the room like a pink elephant :) when will you post the first Gestrument KEW lovechild and finally convince me of grabbing KEW haha

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
    Nice sounds @echoopera I'm thinking of buying the Gestrument Pro. When you used the Model D and 15 did your iPad struggle then? Mine always struggle when using Model 15 and D.

Have you upgraded to ios 12? And as well, do you put your ipad into airplane mode when using model 15? Cause they advice to do so in the manual, as model 15 is thread hungry.

Yeah iOs 12. But airplane mode I did not know!! Gotta try that tonight along with the friday beer..

• @Norbert said:
    I would have one little grip with the app actually though. It's the UI, the fonts especially, it doesn't have enough contrast. I wish the fonts were as sharp and crisp as in AUM. Gestrument Pro is one of these few apps I have to zoom in with ios in order to change parameters. I never need to do that in AUM, for example, even though the fonts are quite small.

I've had the same issue but I have learned to put on my reading glasses. Getting old stinks....

• @RajahP said:

@Norbert said:
    Ah forget what I asked, it was a stupid question. Just have to set a slider to transpose and it runs pitches like a charm. This app is truly awesome.

@Gestrumentsander said:

@Norbert said:
    Ah forget what I asked, it was a stupid question. Just have to set a slider to transpose and it runs pitches like a charm. This app is truly awesome.

Thanks! You can also set up "Transpose in Scale" to be modulated by "Random" and then use the "Via" function to control the range with a slider!

Can we get some tutorials videos on these ‘advance’ features?

I know I have not touched the surface of the powerful app.. maybe some videos can help us explore even more..

Thanks..

They're coming! Make sure to subscribe to our youtube channel, and you'll be notified once they're available :)

• @Gestrumentsander said:

@RajahP said:

@Norbert said:

@Gestrumentsander said:

@Norbert said:

Thanks! You can also set up "Transpose in Scale" to be modulated by "Random" and then use the "Via" function to control the range with a slider!

Can we get some tutorials videos on these ‘advance’ features?

I know I have not touched the surface of the powerful app.. maybe some videos can help us explore even more..

Thanks..

They're coming! Make sure to subscribe to our youtube channel, and you'll be notified once they're available :)

Oh cool thank you!

• OMG. Another iPad app. Who's got the time?

And I missed the pre-order pricing. Bah!

Looks complicated.

I'm reminding myself It's probably going to be abandoned by the developers in 5 or 6 years anyway. Then they'll want me to buy a Pro 2 or something.

So I'm wondering. Moving circles around the screen? Is that what music-making has come to?

Okay, okay. No need to twist my arm. I'll give it a try.

• edited October 2018

Why do the bundles for this app cost more than the app, even though I own part of the bundle?

I own both Gestrument and ScaleGen, and the bundle costs $24.99, while the upgrade bundle costs $18.99. Gestrument Pro by itself? $16.99. :|

• @e121 said:
    Why do the bundles for this app cost more than the app?

I own both Gestrument and ScaleGen, and the bundle costs $24.99, while the upgrade bundle costs $18.99. Gestrument Pro by itself? $16.99. :|

I just recently changed the email address on my account, maybe for some reason that caused the AppStore to not recognize my purchases?

• Hi @e121 - the bundles have been a mess! We have tried doing several bundles to make sure everyone got a fair price, but the AppStore is handling these things in ways no-one can fathom...

• @lovadamusic said:

So I'm wondering. Moving circles around the screen? Is that what music-making has come to?

So how did it work out?

• @JesperNordin said:
    Hi @e121 - the bundles have been a mess! We have tried doing several bundles to make sure everyone got a fair price, but the AppStore is handling these things in ways no-one can fathom...

I preordered the app about 10 seconds after you mentioned trying a bundles plan. That prospect is a real motivator.

• @JesperNordin said:
    Hi @e121 - the bundles have been a mess! We have tried doing several bundles to make sure everyone got a fair price, but the AppStore is handling these things in ways no-one can fathom...

I noticed this for another bundle, they list the total price even if you own some of the apps, and not the reduced price. Even if you hit the buy button the little pop up window shows the total price and not the reduced price. I almost hit the purchase button in that window anyways, assuming I would get the reduced price, but held off for now.

• @fprintf said:

@lovadamusic said:

So how did it work out?

I'm enjoying it so far. It's not like anything I know, so I'm just playing the presets and seeing what's controlling what and how. At times I'm thinking, yeah, I could use this. Gets me outside the box.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    And a screenshot!

@j_liljedahl said:
    And a screenshot!

@j_liljedahl said:
    And a screenshot!

• This is a one of a kind and fantastic app.Keep up the good work.Thx

• @JesperNordin said:

I’m also still on iOS 11, maybe 12 shows the reduced price? Can you, or anyone really, at least maybe let me know what the prices roughly should be? Just feels funny doing a blind buy. Again, I own the other two, Gestrument and ScaleGen.

• Hi @e121 - the idea was for people who had Gestrument to get a discount in the area of 4-8$ (since the total price is Gestrument Pro + 2$, and then you would get the price you payed for the old Gestrument deducted from that price). I think the issue is based on the bundle structure and how it works with the same app in multiple bundles.

@Ajbooster - thanks a lot for your kind words!

@lovadamusic - nice to see you took the time anyway, and even enjoyed it;-)

• @JesperNordin said:
    Hi @e121 - the idea was for people who had Gestrument to get a discount in the area of 4-8$ (since the total price is Gestrument Pro + 2$, and then you would get the price you payed for the old Gestrument deducted from that price). I think the issue is based on the bundle structure and how it works with the same app in multiple bundles.

Hah, yes, I was trying to be amusing. :) I expected I would enjoy the app. You've created something special. I've spent a few hours with it and am still getting my head around the possibilities.

• @JesperNordin said:
    Hi @e121 - the idea was for people who had Gestrument to get a discount in the area of 4-8$ (since the total price is Gestrument Pro + 2$, and then you would get the price you payed for the old Gestrument deducted from that price). I think the issue is based on the bundle structure and how it works with the same app in multiple bundles.

I noticed yesterday a few other bundles don’t have this same issue, instead showing the reduced price. For whatever reason your bundles still don’t show the reduced for me even though like I say I own the other two apps.

I’m still holding off too, so you and Apple are losing at least one sale. I just don’t really feel like getting into a situation where I have to deal with an Apple customer service person feeding me scripted lines that don’t help.

• @JesperNordin said:

Updated to iOS 12, still shows GP as $16.99 and upgrade bundle as $18.99 even though I own the original.

• edited November 2018

Anyone else wish the scale switcher matrix was a scene switcher matrix? I mean, very cool that we can switch scales on the fly. But what if we could move between "movements" of a composition with that matrix? So each scene would include the scale, any loops that are recorded, and the slider positions.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Anyone else wish the scale switcher matrix was a scene switcher matrix? I mean, very cool that we can switch scales on the fly. But what if we could move between "movements" of a composition with that matrix? So each scene would include the scale, any loops that are recorded, and the slider positions.

Yes, I would like this. It would help me create more varied and dynamic compositions, I think. The app sounds wonderful and is a great midi controller, but as it is, the scale progressions can get a bit tedious. There are some workarounds, but I often wish that I could chain some progressions together.

• I sorta ran outta things to do with this pretty quickly. Well-made app, but I don't think I'm in its target market.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I sorta ran outta things to do with this pretty quickly. Well-made app, but I don't think I'm in its target market.

I suspect more development is in the works that will make the results more varied.

• @e121 - yes as I said, it’s the AppStore that treats apps strange when they have been included in several bundles. We have no control over it, but we will have a Black Friday sale!

@lukesleepwalker and @ALB - it is a think we have planned for ages, and we would have loved to include it at the release but it’s rather complex and we didn’t want to wait anymore. But snapshots of some sorts is planned! As for scale slots - you know that you can record a loop with scale changes, right? I did that and put it in sync with a chord progression in the preset we added at the last update - Space Song.

@oat_phipps - that will always be different from person to person with different tool is course. Personally I have used Gestrument as my main composition technique since I made the original version in 2007 and I still find new things to do with it;-)

• It's a totally alien way of making music for me, but that's a good thing. And I'd also like to see the scene switcher.

• edited November 2018

Oh how much I want to see some in depth vids....
    especially on setting up melodic / timing patterns and conditions that I can then interact with.
    Without indepth vids I feel I am continually playing in the dark B)

• @Mayo - they are coming!! Sorry about the delay, but we are a small team with many parallel tracks...

• @JesperNordin thank you for the reply. Totally understand the complexity of snapshots and if the team can work it into an update someday, it would be a special day indeed!

• Hey @JesperNordin - thank you for your response. Yes, I know about looping the scale changes and I do that a fair amount - I was able to most successfully get a jazz/blues loop progression going with a repeating two chord figure on top that added some necessary dissonance to give it a more 50's, 60's jazz sound. It sounds good, but sometimes I want a little more variation than repeating the same loop through different scales.

One thing that I have found is very quick and easy in adding variation: double or triple the instances of an instrument and simply mute the other one or two - this way I can get two or three different loops of (for example) an acoustic bass and simply vary them during the progression. Groups can of course work this way as well.

This is a wonderful app and I think that it rewards deeper investigation. I greatly look forward to seeing the further developments.

• I did finally purchase the app after looking at it for a few months. The good news is that by waiting there are a few tutorials available and the manual is online now also. Just a matter of patience while I learn this and BM3 at the same time.