Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro (now released!)

Hi all! As you might already know, I'm part of the Gestrument team, and we've been working hard lately on getting a new app finished, which is Gestrument Pro - a successor of our old app Gestrument.

In short, it's an app to play, improvise and compose in real-time within a framework of interactive generative musical systems.

The plan is to release it 25th september, with a period of pre-order sale before that.

Full app description follows:

Award-winning composer Jesper Nordin and leading iOS developer Jonatan Liljedahl (Kymatica) has completely re-invented their unique app from 2012 and taken the concept to the next level.

Gestrument Pro takes everything we loved about Gestrument and improves on its original functionality while introducing a host of new features such as multi-touch, recordable automations, advanced scale editing
and our unique system of highly tweakable modular generators that define the pitches and rhythms.

With Gestrument Pro you can Play, Improvise and Compose music with deeper levels of personal expression than ever before.

Features:
• Up to 16 individual Instruments.
• Each Instrument can be controlled by any of up to 8 Cursors.
• Instruments can use internal high quality sounds or play other synthesizers or apps via MIDI.
• Modular swappable Generators for producing the rhythms and pitches per Instrument, each with their own set of tweakable parameters and settings.
• 8 performance sliders that each can control one or more parameters in the Instruments and their Generators.
• A highly flexible modulation system allows assigning Sliders and Cursor position/pressure to any parameter in the Instruments.
• Advanced microtonal Scale editor with several standard scales included.
• 8 Scale Slots for fast switching between scales and tonalities during performance.
• Sliders, Cursors and Scale Slots can be recorded into automated loops, or controlled via MIDI.
• Supports Inter-App Audio and Audiobus, including host sync for following the hosts transport and tempo.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gestrument-pro/id1105890031?ls=1&mt=8&at=10lJXr&ct=gp

Comments

• And a screenshot!

• This thing is awesome. :)

• Sounds amazing

• Cannot find a way to preorder

• edited September 2018

Congrats! the instrument samples are awesome. Really great for standalone and as a sequencer for other apps. This will be a massive hit.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Congrats! the instrument samples are awesome. Really great for standalone and as a sequencer for other apps. This will be a massive hit.

Where did you hear the samples?

• edited September 2018

@tja said:

@[Deleted User] said:

the app uses samples for the internal instruments if i am not mistaken. They sound awesome.

• edited September 2018

I'm afraid you're going to need this one, very playable and the onboard sounds offer a good selection. Would like to see instrument selection at top of the edit mode, scrolling there feels a bit clunky compared to the overall smooth experience but this interface is designed for performance rather than sound design. Have yet to try the midi out but that will be a good time!

• Always curious, free update for gestrument owners?

• @tja said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I found this:

• Only very upset and crushed and lonesome because it's Friday and I was pretty sure this was the 'come get it' on-sale-now thread announcement, but no....

• @Iso said:

@tja said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I found this:

It’s gonna be a big hit for sure. You can do many different genre styles too, I really like the live instruments they have included both the orchestral and live band stuff. 👏

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Only very upset and crushed and lonesome because it's Friday and I was pretty sure this was the 'come get it' on-sale-now thread announcement, but no....

Good things come to those who wait. This is one beta where I quickly put the tool into heavy rotation. I've been mesmerized by some of my recent sessions and I know that I've only scratched the surface of what can be done in this app. Can't wait for release date so we can have a wider conversation about this gem.

• @[Deleted User] said:

It’s gonna be a big hit for sure. You can do many different genre styles too, I really like the live instruments they have included both the orchestral and live band stuff. 👏

Anything that involves @j_liljedahl is surely going to be getting my complete attention. It looks like it's going to be really great. Really looking forward to this. :)

• edited September 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Only very upset and crushed and lonesome because it's Friday and I was pretty sure this was the 'come get it' on-sale-now thread announcement, but no....

Sorry.. but there will come a pre-order sale before release, hopefully at the start of next week!

• What is the deal on pre-ordering, is there any real benefit?

• @j_liljedahl said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Sorry.. but there will come a pre-order sale before release, hopefully at the start of next week!

It's all good.....I remember getting Gestrument #1 when it came out and being so impressed. I'm looking forward to revisiting that feeling all over again.

• @Jocphone said:
    What is the deal on pre-ordering, is there any real benefit?

Lemme guess you wont spend the money elsewhere! :lol:

Regarding this app... It's really really great :love:

• For having testing it a bit (tasting it), it's a pleasure with internal sounds (very good) and driving external soft synth as well. Very powerful and easy to get in. A beautiful rebirth imho.

• can user input their own samples?
    Does this include the Link sync start/stop?

I use Sector (kudos to @j_liljedahl for that ever growing gem) can this randomize sequence like that can?

• edited September 2018

@Xsyst said:
    can user input their own samples?

I use Sector (kudos to @j_liljedahl for that ever growing gem) can this randomize sequence like that can?

No you can’t import samples but you can via midi sequence other apps. No link sync.

Correction: you can import certain formats.

• Any plans for future implementation of the Link protocol or is IAA host sync the end of it?

• @Xsyst said:
    Any plans for future implementation of the Link protocol or is IAA host sync the end of it?

For now we will keep it with IAA host sync. Depending on how people use it (and how many people use it;-) we might reconsider in the future.

@[Deleted User] said:

@Xsyst said:

No you can’t import samples but you can via midi sequence other apps. No link sync.

You can import your own EXS, AU presets and SoundFonts, so in that sense you can also import your own samples by saving them in the correct format.

@mannix said:
    Always curious, free update for gestrument owners?

Not free since it is a completely new app, built from the ground, and also an app that we have worked on for several years... But we will have bundle with the old Gestrument, so present users of Gestrument will get a discount.

• Thank you @JesperNordin, I am a user of the original Gestrument, loved it.
    I understand your decision on not implementing Link sync. I would like to see it at some point for integration with my external machines.

Does Guestrument Pro have app.files support or will the formats need to be "open in" directly?

• edited September 2018

@JesperNordin said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Xsyst said:

You can import your own EXS, AU presets and SoundFonts, so in that sense you can also import your own samples by saving them in the correct format.

@JesperNordin, My apologies I didn’t think about soundfonts files! That is great news!

• @JesperNordin said:
    Not free since it is a completely new app, built from the ground, and also an app that we have worked on for several years... But we will have bundle with the old Gestrument, so present users of Gestrument will get a discount.

Nicely done.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@JesperNordin said:

@Xsyst said:
    Any plans for future implementation of the Link protocol or is IAA host sync the end of it?

For now we will keep it with IAA host sync. Depending on how people use it (and how many people use it;-) we might reconsider in the future.

@[Deleted User] said:

@Xsyst said:

@mannix said:
    Always curious, free update for gestrument owners?

@JesperNordin, My apologies I didn’t think about soundfonts files! That is great news!

will you guys be adding boring old mundane wave file import in the near future?

• @Kitusai said:
    For having testing it a bit (tasting it), it's a pleasure with internal sounds (very good) and driving external soft synth as well. Very powerful and easy to get in. A beautiful rebirth imho.

Nice...
    Hope we get ‘Midi Recorder’ before launch..

Placing my plug for Ableton Link start/stop.. It’s just magic jamming with multiple iPads/iPhones..

• @RajahP - Midi rec will not come before launch (it's already submitted and approved in to the AppStore), but it's our first task on the list for the first update (apart from bug fixes) - which hopefully won't take that long!
    Good to know about the Link request from multiple people, we will keep it in mind.

@kobamoto - it's also on our list, but a bit further down. We have talked a lot about implementing a simple sampler into Gestrument, but we haven't had the time to do it now. Maybe later.

• Link support would be much appreciated!