PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

Audiobus Discord Server

2

Comments

  • Good to learn about Discord but this forum and the FB has me covered. Time is limited as others have said.

  • Bit more public but there’s a few AB forums folks on Twitter too, including devs.

    I have 2 twitter accounts and keep my D4DG one very clear of anything non music related (because there’s a lot of rubbish on Twitter too).

  • Over on the IOSrUS Discord Server we are chatting about "You Know Who" freely without fear of the dreaded "You Know Who" retort.

    https://discord.gg/FdeBqmf

    Hopefully, "You Know Who" will not join. If "You Know Who" does we'll just shut the whole thing down ASAP.

    (Sets timer to see who's paranoid).

  • @McDtracy said:
    Over on the IOSrUS Discord Server we are chatting about "You Know Who" freely without fear of the dreaded "You Know Who" retort.

    https://discord.gg/FdeBqmf

    Hopefully, "You Know Who" will not join. If "You Know Who" does we'll just shut the whole thing down ASAP.

    (Sets timer to see who's paranoid).

    "You Know Who" has appeared on the Discord chat line (at least 2 candidates I think). So, far it has remained rather civil.

  • wimwim
    edited September 2018

    Eh. I have enough trouble saying more than I should when I have a chance to compose / recompose / soften / toss altogether my posts. I shudder to think the regrets I’d have in a real-time environment.

    Maybe with enough weed to mellow me out... B)

  • @wim said:
    Maybe with enough weed to mellow me out... B)

    We're drinking and smokin' on the chat line.
    (Actually most people last about 5 minutes after they find out "You Know Who" is there).

    https://discord.gg/FdeBqmf

    You want to now something shocking? There's also a voice feature (like skype?). No takers yet.

  • The 10th person to join will win the right to name "You Know Who" to the Forum from the list of the 9 on the site.

  • Are their problems connecting from some countries? Turkey? France, Germany, Russia? Try it:

    https://discord.gg/FdeBqmf

    Report back.

  • @McDtracy said:
    Are their problems connecting from some countries? Turkey? France, Germany, Russia? Try it:

    https://discord.gg/FdeBqmf

    Report back.

    Yes.

  • @wim said:

    @McDtracy said:
    Are their problems connecting from some countries? Turkey? France, Germany, Russia? Try it:

    https://discord.gg/FdeBqmf

    Report back.

    Yes.

    Good to know.

  • I’m checking to see what countries can get through.

  • For IOS it uses an App. I was using a Mac. The App is free and works ok.

  • Hey all--sorry the link didn't work.

    Here's a working link. You can join this one or the one posted by McdTracy, but this one will have a bit more structure to it.

    https://discord.gg/RCrewMB

  • There is no value-add case for this Discord to exist. In my opinion, this is a blatant attempt to piggyback on the success of this community.

    If you were trying to engage an iOS music community on Discord, you would not name it after 1 specific app on the iOS platform.

    I'm a member of the Bitwig group on Discord, it was created to fulfill a gap left by the Devs. iOS users are very fortunate to have this Audiobus forum provided by a forward looking iOS Dev, a site that now fills the needs of all iOS music app users.

  • @Auxyphile said:
    Hey all--sorry the link didn't work.

    Here's a working link. You can join this one or the one posted by McdTracy, but this one will have a bit more structure to it.

    https://discord.gg/RCrewMB

    I killed the Discord server I created because I don't what it means to manage one and the new owner seems to understand the admin uses. I only see it as chat but it has a whole audio dimension that creates possibilities for sharing work product I think. I'll join the new one as a user and learn with everyone else that checks it out.

    It can enhance the experience here and NOT take away from the benefits and uses of this Forum in my opinion. They are 2 different use cases. Chat allows for discussion of timely events and the pleasure of a real interactive conversation with immediacy. Like a coffee shop where you see regulars. Not for everyone but everyone should check in to see what the experience is like. I know there are 500 lurkers here so many just want information. But lurking on chat can also be useful.

  • @McDtracy said:

    @Auxyphile said:
    Hey all--sorry the link didn't work.

    Here's a working link. You can join this one or the one posted by McdTracy, but this one will have a bit more structure to it.

    https://discord.gg/RCrewMB

    I killed the Discord server I created because I don't what it means to manage one and the new owner seems to understand the admin uses. I only see it as chat but it has a whole audio dimension that creates possibilities for sharing work product I think. I'll join the new one as a user and learn with everyone else that checks it out.

    It can enhance the experience here and NOT take away from the benefits and uses of this Forum in my opinion. They are 2 different use cases. Chat allows for discussion of timely events and the pleasure of a real interactive conversation with immediacy. Like a coffee shop where you see regulars. Not for everyone but everyone should check in to see what the experience is like. I know there are 500 lurkers here so many just want information. But lurking on chat can also be useful.

    Very well said. I can attest that the voice feature of Discord is very useful for sharing WIPs (I host weekly feedback streams with people and their unreleased tracks on the Auxy Discord server so it's quite useful).

  • @Auxyphile said:
    Very well said. I can attest that the voice feature of Discord is very useful for sharing WIPs (I host weekly feedback streams with people and their unreleased tracks on the Auxy Discord server so it's quite useful).

    So, you can use it as a mentoring tool? I was paying on a Piano Site for lessons but never used the mentoring sessions. Just watched the videos and stopped the service after a year. Like a Gym membership I wasn't putting in the work.

    What's the link to this Auxy Discord server and what is Auxy? Is it an App or just your handle?

  • @Auxyphile Your stats here are none existant. This is a community but you need to participate to build a reputation. 2 threads and 3 comments in a year? Are you a developer, trainer or practicioner of IOS music.

    I should Google Auxy, I guess.

  • OK. Auxy is an App with a subscription model of $5 month.
    Free with IAP subscription.

  • edited September 2018

    @McDtracy said:
    @Auxyphile Your stats here are none existant. This is a community but you need to participate to build a reputation. 2 threads and 3 comments in a year? Are you a developer, trainer or practicioner of IOS music.

    I should Google Auxy, I guess.

    Yes. Auxy is a mobile music application. The discord for it is https://discord.gg/KWbvaSE (Has around 350 people).

    As far as my reputation, I confess to being a bit of a lurker but I'd like to be more active around here. :smile: I'm an iOS application developer (actually co developing a mobile DAW at the moment) and a practitioner of iOS music. I believe I posted one of my tracks here a bit ago.

  • @McDtracy said:

    @Auxyphile said:
    Very well said. I can attest that the voice feature of Discord is very useful for sharing WIPs (I host weekly feedback streams with people and their unreleased tracks on the Auxy Discord server so it's quite useful).

    So, you can use it as a mentoring tool? I was paying on a Piano Site for lessons but never used the mentoring sessions. Just watched the videos and stopped the service after a year. Like a Gym membership I wasn't putting in the work.

    What's the link to this Auxy Discord server and what is Auxy? Is it an App or just your handle?

    You can use it as a mentoring tool yes. I personally use it so play my WIPs or listen to a live radio courtesy of Discord bots, as well as the aforementioned feedback streams.

  • @McDtracy said:
    AudioGus too.

    Huh? Wuh? I clicked a link! Am I in trouble??

  • Could I get a fresh invite for the server please? :)

  • edited November 2018

    I'll skip it.
    I don't miss anything here, and the idea of this forum getting fragmented because not everyone wants to handle yet another account on a different site sounds like unnecessary overhead to me.

    @Auxyphile
    If you like the people and discussions here, you're welcome to be part of them!
    As for the invite: Calling it "Audiobus" and putting an Auxy logo above does look irritating.

  • @brambos said:
    Could I get a fresh invite for the server please? :)

    The new discord server is has been seeing some action, almost 40 people have joined.
    This is an old thread, there is a newer one where it was better received.

    Here is a link to the new server: https://discord.gg/NCksebU

    Everyone is invited to come hang out or not.

  • I think I could use a lesson on how to make the most of a discord experience. Right now it is just chatting, which reminds me of my IRC days. I always found that to be a great deal of fun but forums like this didn't exist at the time, all we had were email relays and subscription lists.

  • @fprintf said:
    I think I could use a lesson on how to make the most of a discord experience. Right now it is just chatting, which reminds me of my IRC days. I always found that to be a great deal of fun but forums like this didn't exist at the time, all we had were email relays and subscription lists.

    I'd like to find a way to make use of the voice channel feature that Discord offers at some point. I've made use of it frequently in the past in other communities to hear live WIPs from other producers and exchange feedback and found that to be very fulfilling. In my opinion it's one of the features that makes Discord such an excellent platform to use whether it be as a main form of communication or a secondary one.

  • Hey, a Friday night jam would be awesome.

  • Ive done discord voice chat on a mic before but is there a way to stream digital audio to it directly?

  • OK so I figured out that I can connect my iPad to my computer and now that the server is running voice chat I played SampleBot into the channel. I don't know why but I think this is completely awesome!

    The discord app on OS X detected the iPad as soon as I enabled it in Audio-Midi setup and switched to it once I gave it permission. The nice thing is that SampleBot turns on the microphone on the iPad to it is using that instead of my regular mic and I can play both the output of the iPad plus talk over it.

Sign In or Register to comment.