Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Nostalgia Youtube Videos

Right, so today I was feeling a bit nostalgic and digging around Youtube for my favourite review of Gadget.

Then I found what essentially was the first Sonic Touch video.

Then I found out that Gaz got older, and somehow Nick didn't.

And finally, that one legendary interview with Jordan Rudess I searched years for.

(Can't believe it's the same channel, LOL! Bloody ripper!)

Dunno why I didn't subscribe yet, but now I did. :) What you all think? Got any good "iPad Nostalgia Youtube Videos" you can share? :)

Comments

• edited September 2018

Dude, Gadget just came out...

• edited September 2018

Really mate? That's pretty odd, because I clearly recall it being released sometime in December 2013/January 2014. That's practically 30 years in "internet time". This was when Inter-App Audio wasn't even 6 months old, when nobody could even imagine Audio Units being introduced to iOS let alone the Apple Pencil, the Files app, and subscription pricing for utilitarian apps (as opposed to media consumption and cloud storage). Back when Nanostudio was still operational and long before the iPad Air 3 would be renamed to just the 2018 iPad and would cost cheaper than a bloody iPhone XR. ;) So much has happened/evolved since.

• edited September 2018

I have maybe eight batches of five years left on this planet... thus, it doesn't feel very long ago in my book. :expressionless: tick tick tick. But yah I get your point. Still, even iPad feels new and fresh to me.

• I think this is still hip man. Tech crazy dudes.

• This one has always inspired me over the years!

• And this one history in Action!

• Finally this one the golden days of iOS!

• Wow. Takes me back to Pirates of the Caribbean 4.

• @AudioGus said:
    I have maybe eight batches of five years left on this planet... thus, it doesn't feel very long ago in my book. :expressionless: tick tick tick. But yah I get your point. Still, even iPad feels new and fresh to me.

That's true. The iPad in any of its forms won't probably feel outdated for a long time. It's really a genial way of coming up with music ideas and full productions.

To everyone else, great videos. :) Keep the nostalgia flowing.

• edited September 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@AudioGus said:

That's true. The iPad in any of its forms won't probably feel outdated for a long time. It's really a genial way of coming up with music ideas and full productions.

Heh, I am still a little baffled at how I could be nostalgic about previous, slower, less sexy versions of the very thing I am typing on in my hands right now. It is like being nostalgic about my last refrigerator that didn't have the awesome lower freezer compartment or the separated mid height fruit/veg drawers.

Has something been lost with your ipadding that you are longing to return to?

I get nostalgic every now and then and watch cornball 80s cartoon intros and that silly stuff, longing for... well, being a lazy fuck mooching off my parents I guess. :)

• The nostalgia waves have always been interesting to me. I would've thought we'd be into *Nsync revivals by now due to the seeming acceleration of pop culture by the internet.

Even while things like cassette tapes came back in a few years ago, and there's a fair share of 90s-esque revivalism, a LOT of music is still hung up on the 80s synthwave stuff. And hell, I remember the 80s revival starting as early as 15 years ago, with popped collars, the first album by The Darkness, and the release of the Back to the Future Trilogy on DVD. I figured it'd be over by now, but I guess I underestimated the effect it had on generation y's childhood and psyche.

Or maybe there was just something really special about the 80s...otherwise I feel our culture would've already moved past it.

• edited September 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    The nostalgia waves have always been interesting to me. I would've thought we'd be into *Nsync revivals by now due to the seeming acceleration of pop culture by the internet.

Even while things like cassette tapes came back in a few years ago, and there's a fair share of 90s-esque revivalism, a LOT of music is still hung up on the 80s synthwave stuff. And hell, I remember the 80s revival starting as early as 15 years ago, with popped collars, the first album by The Darkness, and the release of the Back to the Future Trilogy on DVD. I figured it'd be over by now, but I guess I underestimated the effect it had on generation y's childhood and psyche.

Or maybe there was just something really special about the 80s...otherwise I feel our culture would've already moved past it.

I have no idea about observing the culture at large or how that is even done any more with so many portals from which to view it and so many outlets of culture spew from which to slop. It just seems infinite and multifaceted to me now and honestly think the idea of such a thing has more to do with ones own confirmation biases when looking at what apears to be popular from our little search field echo chambers.

( I will never be nostaligic for Nsync because that lined up with the age I realised... ‘oh snot... I’m a screwed slave’ whereas 80s toys were when i was a kid and my future seemed practicaly infinite. I know other people my age for whom that time is painful and they cant stand it.)

If you check out reddit you can see ‘kids’ (lol) being obsessed/nostalgic about the 90s with Pantom Bloody Menace and (one of the nails in my attempted extended childhood coffin). I guess for me it is just hard to be nostalgic about anything five years old... maybe when I was 23 it would have been possible to be nostalgic about five year old amiga games... maybe... i don’t know.

• edited September 2018

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:

I have no idea about observing the culture at large or how that is even done any more with so many portals from which to view it and so many outlets of culture spew from which to slop. It just seems infinite and multifaceted to me now and honestly think the idea of such a thing has more to do with ones own confirmation biases when looking at what apears to be popular from our little search field echo chambers.

>

You have a point there, but I still trust my little echo chamber as taking a decent pulse of the times, even if it's narrowed down now to my Spotify recommendations and the occasional glance at Pitchfork out of pure curiosity. That echo chamber gets more out of touch by the day, but it's still my only relation to 'pop culture' as far as music is concerned. I've always seemed to naturally avoid the slop that hits you from everywhere from all angles; I simply can't process that much anymore, as much as I still love finding new music from any decade.

• edited September 2018

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:

If you check out reddit you can see ‘kids’ (lol) being obsessed/nostalgic about the 90s with Pantom Bloody Menace and (one of the nails in my attempted extended childhood coffin). I guess for me it is just hard to be nostalgic about anything five years old... maybe when I was 23 it would have been possible to be nostalgic about five year old amiga games... maybe... i don’t know.

Yeah, I had a huge 80s nostalgia thing going on in college, but I'll never look back on anything in my 'adult' life and sigh wistfully. I was born in '85 and have always figured if I was playing music for a living I'd be best off in my prime from '77-'83.

But there's just something about the film quality, the music production, that still grabs me in a non-nostalgic way.

• @AudioGus said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@AudioGus said:

Heh, I am still a little baffled at how I could be nostalgic about previous, slower, less sexy versions of the very thing I am typing on in my hands right now.

Okay so now I see where the confusion comes in. It's not a nostalgia for older iPads. It's nostalgia regarding older iPad review videos and a fascinatino with how things were limited back then compared to now. Guess I should've been more specific.