Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zoom ARQ 96 Tutorial - How To Sample Korg Gadget Or Any Other iPad App

The more I play with the Zoom ARQ the more it seems to do.

Comments

• That ARQ is cool.

• @PhilW It does so much stuff

• They aren’t even stupidly expensive in uk atm.
    Gear4music is selling them at around £160

https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Zoom-ARQ-Aero-RhythmTrak/1GTD

• Interesting controller. Couple of questions: (1) in another video I saw someone banging it and swinging it like a tambourine, but it looked like they were doing so gingerly. Does it make sense to bang on it like a percussion device? (2) Does every "note" on the ring, have a top and a side sensor? I saw a video where the user was tapping the side of the controller to play a beat. Is that the case only on certain nodes?

• edited September 2018

looks like an UFO :-)

Cool controller/sampler! You can perform some cool techno set with this thing - if the ring has a solid wireless connection to the base station ;-)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Interesting controller. Couple of questions: (1) in another video I saw someone banging it and swinging it like a tambourine, but it looked like they were doing so gingerly. Does it make sense to bang on it like a percussion device? (2) Does every "note" on the ring, have a top and a side sensor? I saw a video where the user was tapping the side of the controller to play a beat. Is that the case only on certain nodes?

(1) Yes, like an mpc x tambourine if you like.
    (2) Top, Side and Bottom, Velocity and After Touch
    It's not like playing a keyboard though.

• @knewspeak said:

Got plenty of those. I like this because it is so different in terms of ergonomics--could spur creativity by forcing different ways of "playing".

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@knewspeak said:

Got plenty of those. I like this because it is so different in terms of ergonomics--could spur creativity by forcing different ways of "playing".

This guy talks about it for some 18 minutes. He doesn’t seem to be impressed with it as a controller. I’ve run through a few videos a while back and I came out not getting it at other end of those.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@knewspeak said:

You can even set CC's and other midi parameters to the pads and it's axis controls.

• @SlowwFloww said:
    looks like an UFO :-)

Cool controller/sampler! You can perform some cool techno set with this thing - if the ring has a solid wireless connection to the base station ;-)

You can turn off the lights should you wish, you can even send data to the controller from an iPad wirelessly to fully control the colours and make 'pretty' patterns similar to some of the Novation controller YouTube videos.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@knewspeak said:

This guy talks about it for some 18 minutes. He doesn’t seem to be impressed with it as a controller. I’ve run through a few videos a while back and I came out not getting it at other end of those.

Link?

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@knewspeak said:

It's certainly different as a controller, more suited to percussive performance in my opinion.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@knewspeak said:

Link?

Ah sorry,

• edited September 2018

@supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@knewspeak said:

Link?

Ah sorry,

He's correct about midi input, you can play the ARQ, but can't record, which is really strange decision by Zoom.
    But did he keep it.

• @knewspeak I made a little jam session video last week using it with other stuff, gives you an idea of using it live

• This is a better quick review-demo of the ARQ.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @knewspeak I made a little jam session video last week using it with other stuff, gives you an idea of using it live

I really enjoyed it Doug, nice track, it shows the ARQs versatility.

• @knewspeak said:
    This is a better quick review-demo of the ARQ.

This is excellent 👍😎

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @knewspeak I made a little jam session video last week using it with other stuff, gives you an idea of using it live

Dunno about that ARQ thing, but if I was in the market for a hardware synth I’d love one of those Gaia’s