Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Strange Agency

edited December 2013 in General App Discussion

Anyone know what's happening with TSA? No response to emails re. upgrades required to CP1919, Curtis, Donut etc. I love these apps but there are some problems going back to iOS6 and dropbox.

Comments

• edited March 2014

• one mouth ago have reply on twitter to Palmsounds and say that they have no more time for audio apps :(

I luke Donut too...

• Thanks for that Simon and Sinapsya. It's a pity they dont reply to queries made via their support line. Common business courtesy in my opinion. I reckon If they are not going to support the product they should make the apps free or withdraw them from the store. They are still there at full price and advertised features do not work.

• edited December 2013

Complain to Apple. If Apple take down the apps, that'll get TSA's attention.

• They never had time for audio apps.

• I wonder why they can't sell off to another dev who could support them.

• @funjunkie27 said:

I wonder why they can't sell off to another dev who could support them.

I don't want to spoil the fun here but... sell off for what? Who would want to pay anything for an app that doesn't make enough money to make back the future investment of time and work necessary to keep it relevant?

I bet you could contact the developer and ask if you can pay them 50 bucks for the app and they'd probably sell it to you in case there's no valuable source code in there. But what would you do with it?

• I was thinking/hoping another dev could improve upon them enough to make them financially viable.

• edited December 2013

I do think it's morally questionable to be selling an app which does not work as advertised if the dev has no intention of fixing it.

• edited December 2013

@PaulB said:

I do think it's morally questionable to be selling an app which does not work as advertised if the dev has no intention of fixing it.

That might be correct but if we're considering moral aspects all mobile game apps that sell in-game currency via in-app purchase and are built to make people addicted to them might be in a bit of a kerfuffle.

...yet Candycrush Saga makes about 20 million $US per day with game mechanics optimised by people with degrees in psychology without anyone even breaking a sweat.

• @funjunkie27 said:

I was thinking/hoping another dev could improve upon them enough to make them financially viable.

While that sounds nice in theory it won't ever happen. Making music apps is really hard and and bringing an already 'failed' app back to life is probably a lot harder than just creating something new.

• @Sebastian said:

While that sounds nice in theory it won't ever happen. Making music apps is really hard and and bringing an already 'failed' app back to life is probably a lot harder than just creating something new.

Makes sense. Bummer though!

• @funjunkie27 said:

Bummer though!

I agree.

• The whole 'sell to addict' thing is also questionable, but at least the punter gets what they paid for.

• Well thanks all. Not going to get too worked up over it, other apps will come along. There must be thousands of others in the store that have fallen over like this. It's just a bit rude not to respond to enquiries and certainly not the way to act in business. Anyhoo, onwards and upwards. Clear skies in Melbourne this morning for a change, summer might be here at last.

• @PaulB said:

The whole 'sell to addict' thing is also questionable, but at least the punter gets what they paid for.

Heh, I didn't look at it that way yet.

• Some devs must have hooked up with the tobacco industry.