ElecPiano: BM3(IAA), NEO-SOUL, BEATHAWK, TINES?

Which do you like and why?

What did I miss?

I have recently made BM3 a more critical component and am interested in the IAP if it is any good?

Also about NEO SOULS VS the NEO SOULS STUDIO THING?

Any other use experience appreciated.

I love TINES and BH ELPIANO IAP......but always hoping to find new cool sounding idea maker.

«1

Comments

  • edited September 12

    Neo Souls Studio is outstanding.

    The Wurlie & Mark II in BM3 are by Pure Magnetik, makers of fantastic sampled instruments.

    Either are going to sound great.

    On the digital tip:

    FM Player 2 is coming out next month. For those who like DX7II / SY77 / Digital Tines...

    It also will have an IAP of 100 multi-sampled presets inspired by the D50 & early Korg Workstations. Recreated by sampling the synths those workstations sampled. A year of sampling, processing, manipulating... Early Digital. Re-envisioned and modernized.

    It sounds absolutely breathtaking.

    It's so bright and bold.

  • @analog_matt said:
    Neo Souls Studio is outstanding.

    The Wurlie & Mark II in BM3 are by Pure Magnetik, makers of fantastic sampled instruments.

    Either are going to sound great.

    On the digital tip:

    FM Player 2 is coming out next month. For those who like DX7II / SY77 / Digital Tines...

    It also will have an IAP of 100 multi-sampled presets inspired by the D50 & early Korg Workstations. Recreated by sampling the synths those workstations sampled. A year of sampling, processing, manipulating... Early Digital. Re-envisioned and modernized.

    It sounds absolutely breathtaking.

    It's so bright and bold.

    Really looking forward.

  • Neo soul is Superb, don’t have Beathawk so don’t know. Do have Tines and it’s lovely when you think it’s not sampled but is synthesis...but I’m sure you know all that :)

  • edited September 12

    I love:

    The Free "FM Player" has a default EPiano that's really amazing

    The EPianos in SynthMaster One

    The Scarbee Rhodes IAP in Korg Module/Gadget - fast swapping of presets - made for the live Player - Korg Triton IAP has nice Epianos too.

    IK Multimedia's iLectric for iPad (I bought every IAP)

    Colossus Piano's AUv3 Electric Piano Bundle NOTE: If this is the only package purchased it might be OK but switching from a Grand to the Electrics can take 30 seconds or more. Not for the Live Performance player. AUv3 doesn't seem to hold up to the promise of AU instruments. Crashes DAWs with heavy use.

    I don't like:
    Neo Souls - people that do seem to like the grunge of it. Sounds out of tune to me which means bad samples (to my ear). Lot's of FX but tuning matters to my enjoyment.

    Tines (Thin, Artificial and cheap) but when run through some great FX it's OK.

  • Neo soul for the real deal and tines for a lovely synthetic touch.

  • The ep addons in Module are great and can be used in Gadget

  • Module is just so large

    Although, I guess so is NEO

  • @analog_matt said:
    Neo Souls Studio is outstanding.

    The Wurlie & Mark II in BM3 are by Pure Magnetik, makers of fantastic sampled instruments.

    Either are going to sound great.

    On the digital tip:

    FM Player 2 is coming out next month. For those who like DX7II / SY77 / Digital Tines...

    It also will have an IAP of 100 multi-sampled presets inspired by the D50 & early Korg Workstations. Recreated by sampling the synths those workstations sampled. A year of sampling, processing, manipulating... Early Digital. Re-envisioned and modernized.

    It sounds absolutely breathtaking.

    It's so bright and bold.

    ThX

  • QUESTION FOR SOMEONE:

    KORG stand alone app sound VERSUS GADGET version

    Do you feel say, MODULE Gadget has same sound and quality as MODULE stand alone app?

  • I love my Neo Soul! The big one has leather seats and more horsepower than the other one, but the little one was my go-to until the luxury edition came out.

  • edited September 12

    @AndyPawlak said:
    Neo soul for the real deal and tines for a lovely synthetic touch.

    This is right on. I do end up using BeatHawk EP sometimes in a pinch and it works in some mixes where the other two don't. I find that saying "this is the best EP app" is a bit misleading. So much of how a sound/texture works is based on context of what's going on around it. Some people don't care for Tines, but I have found that it works like magic in some mixes.

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @AndyPawlak said:
    Neo soul for the real deal and tines for a lovely synthetic touch.

    This is right on. I do end up using BeatHawk EP sometimes in a pinch and it works in some mixes where the other two don't. I find that saying "this is the best EP app" is a bit misleading. So much of how a sound/texture works is based on context of what's going on around it. Some people don't care for Tines, but I have found that it works like magic in some mixes.

    Pretty much yes on all of that.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @AndyPawlak said:
    Neo soul for the real deal and tines for a lovely synthetic touch.

    This is right on. I do end up using BeatHawk EP sometimes in a pinch and it works in some mixes where the other two don't. I find that saying "this is the best EP app" is a bit misleading. So much of how a sound/texture works is based on context of what's going on around it. Some people don't care for Tines, but I have found that it works like magic in some mixes.

    Pretty much yes on all of that.

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @AndyPawlak said:
    Neo soul for the real deal and tines for a lovely synthetic touch.

    This is right on. I do end up using BeatHawk EP sometimes in a pinch and it works in some mixes where the other two don't. I find that saying "this is the best EP app" is a bit misleading. So much of how a sound/texture works is based on context of what's going on around it. Some people don't care for Tines, but I have found that it works like magic in some mixes.

    @NoiseHorse said:
    I love my Neo Soul! The big one has leather seats and more horsepower than the other one, but the little one was my go-to until the luxury edition came out.

    @jenkweb said:
    The ep addons in Module are great and can be used in Gadget

    I got Neo Souls Studio (deleted many apps) but I really think I am happy about the buy at this moment.

  • tines by klevgr is pretty bad really, needs a distortion, widener and tremolo to give it some mmph.

  • @99476598326 said:
    tines by klevgr is pretty bad really, needs a distortion, widener and tremolo to give it some mmph.

    Yeah I keep meaning to delete it to be honest as I’m not that keen either. I’ve got to stop trying to make use of all these little apps that I mostly don’t use lol

  • edited September 13

    The standard file which comes with bs-16i is great for piano, tines etc.. plus all the SF2 files from the internet. Korg have a hit with the scarbee EP88, that dude is awesome at sampling.

  • @analog_matt said:
    FM Player 2 is coming out next month. For those who like DX7II / SY77 / Digital Tines...

    Love FM Player... Will v2 be universal? Would it for "commute compositions" :)

  • @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @99476598326 said:
    tines by klevgr is pretty bad really, needs a distortion, widener and tremolo to give it some mmph.

    Yeah I keep meaning to delete it to be honest as I’m not that keen either. I’ve got to stop trying to make use of all these little apps that I mostly don’t use lol

    I’m the opposite, I really like Tines simplicity... adding colour etc using other effects / plugins.

  • @d4d0ug said:

    @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @99476598326 said:
    tines by klevgr is pretty bad really, needs a distortion, widener and tremolo to give it some mmph.

    Yeah I keep meaning to delete it to be honest as I’m not that keen either. I’ve got to stop trying to make use of all these little apps that I mostly don’t use lol

    I’m the opposite, I really like Tines simplicity... adding colour etc using other effects / plugins.

    That’s cool. If all our mixes sounded the same, we would probably be in the charts! :s :D

  • edited September 14

    @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @d4d0ug said:

    @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @99476598326 said:
    tines by klevgr is pretty bad really, needs a distortion, widener and tremolo to give it some mmph.

    Yeah I keep meaning to delete it to be honest as I’m not that keen either. I’ve got to stop trying to make use of all these little apps that I mostly don’t use lol

    I’m the opposite, I really like Tines simplicity... adding colour etc using other effects / plugins.

    That’s cool. If all our mixes sounded the same, we would probably be in the charts! :s :D

    Heh, true. Variety is the spice of life

  • @99476598326 said:
    tines by klevgr is pretty bad really, needs a distortion, widener and tremolo to give it some mmph.

    I disagree.

    I guess I use a lofi daw fx and some others.

  • Neo soul keys studio is phenomenal. The internal fx are great too.

  • @vpich said:
    Neo soul keys studio is phenomenal. The internal fx are great too.

    Agree. It’s always the first app I grab for elec key sounds, although I’ve not really given the ones on the Colossus app a proper try yet

  • @vpich said:
    Neo soul keys studio is phenomenal. The internal fx are great too.

    Just such a hurt piece on the size.

    I am still navigating the preset menu interface getting comfortable with that.

  • I guess. There should be an option to remove samples you don’t use.

  • @analog_matt said:
    Neo Souls Studio is outstanding.

    The Wurlie & Mark II in BM3 are by Pure Magnetik, makers of fantastic sampled instruments.

    Either are going to sound great.

    On the digital tip:

    FM Player 2 is coming out next month. For those who like DX7II / SY77 / Digital Tines...

    It also will have an IAP of 100 multi-sampled presets inspired by the D50 & early Korg Workstations. Recreated by sampling the synths those workstations sampled. A year of sampling, processing, manipulating... Early Digital. Re-envisioned and modernized.

    It sounds absolutely breathtaking.

    It's so bright and bold.

    Any chance FM2 be AU?🙏🏼

  • @breilly said:
    Any chance FM2 be AU?🙏🏼

    Hopefully, it will be AUv3 this winter/spring. FM Player is all in the Swift programming language. So, it will be a breakthrough when it works.

    Actually working with Apple on this...

  • @Peblin said:
    Love FM Player... Will v2 be universal? Would it for "commute compositions" :)

    That would be cool. Will have to wait for FM Player 3 for that. ;)

  • @analog_matt said:

    @breilly said:
    Any chance FM2 be AU?🙏🏼

    Hopefully, it will be AUv3 this winter/spring. FM Player is all in the Swift programming language. So, it will be a breakthrough when it works.

    Actually working with Apple on this...

    Awesome 😃 THX!!

  • I find Scarbee works better than Neo Soul in more situations. But both are excellent.

Sign In or Register to comment.