Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria pro features

Does auria pro come with Fab filter pro q2 ? Or does it only come with twin 2 ? Also how is twin 2?
I'm debating getting proq2 stand alone... But kind a wanna try auria

Comments

• The FabFilter plugins are not included, but Twin 2 is.

• edited September 2018

@reasOne
    Auria Pro does come with FabFilter Twin2 as well as One. The Twin2 appears to have a seemingly limitless amount of possibilities and can produce absolutely fantastic tones. (The synth does take a bit of time to become oriented with, but the AP manual provides helpful instruction). The FabFilter Pro-Q 2 plug-in, however, is an in-app purchase via Auria’s own store for $30 (US dollars), so it’s not included with the purchase of Auria Pro on its own.

I personally would recommend that if you’re still on the fence, then it could be of use to purchase the Pro-Q2 application from the Apple App Store so you can use it with other daws if you later find that Auria Pro isn’t for you.

Continue to look into Auria Pro if it appears to you like it would improve your current workflow and are looking for plug-ins that could potentially further it. The Auria App Store also includes some of Fabfilter’s other plug-ins (Pro-C2, Pro-L2, etc.), as well as additional presets for the Twin2 synth.

I hope it helps,

• FunkMachine
  • @tja said:
    The FabFilter plugins are not included, but Twin 2 is.

Dang it 😂

@FunkMachine said:
    @reasOne
    Auria Pro does come with FabFilter Twin2 as well as One. The Twin2 appears to have a seemingly limitless amount of possibilities and can produce absolutely fantastic tones. (The synth does take a bit of time to become oriented with, but the AP manual provides helpful instruction). The FabFilter Pro-Q 2 plug-in, however, is an in-app purchase via Auria’s own store for $30 (US dollars), so it’s not included with the purchase of Auria Pro on its own.

I personally would recommend that if you’re still on the fence, then it could be of use to purchase the Pro-Q2 application from the Apple App Store so you can use it with other daws if you later find that Auria Pro isn’t for you.

Continue to look into Auria Pro if it appears to you like it would improve your current workflow and are looking for plug-ins that could potentially further it. The Auria App Store also includes some of Fabfilter’s other plug-ins (Pro-C2, Pro-L2, etc.), as well as additional presets for the Twin2 synth.

I hope it helps,

• FunkMachine

Solid advice and info! Deff a good point....
    So if you purchase it thru auria you cannot use it with aum, cubasis.. Etc ?

And I am on the fence with auria, I hear it's either you love it or hate it kinda thing, so I deff need to so more research!

• FYI: In keeping with the title - Auria Pro features:

Disk Streaming SFZ Instruments:

Auria Pro is the only App I have that can import SFZ sample libraries and play them using "disk streaming". Of course, I can only play them in the DAW but (at least) I can hear them and think "I wish I had this in AUM" or any other AU capable tool.

If there are other tools that can do this I would like to know because all the AUv3's I love just kill Auria Pro (and Cubasis) dead than a Kindle running BeatMaker 1.

We have a hint that @VirSyn may change this but it would not be a "game changer" that implies something that explodes minds like the introduction of the Microsoft Xoom or the Apple Newton.

FabFiler FX

One is free... tic-tic-tic.

A DAW with Busses:

AEMS has busses and bugs. The bugs used to out number the busses. Check it out for $7 and play "asl the developer to fix this" game.

Of course, AUM is almost nothing but a network of busses with a few internal FX'es added... but there busses can be plugged into other DAW's (DAW in DAW)

• @McDtracy said:
    FabFiler FX
    One is free... tic-tic-tic.

Free meaning released as a $30 AUv3 FX product. Not "free" as in "beer". Expect more FF FX to break free from Auria Pro.

• Auria Pro has so much going for it. There seems to be a myth regarding it growing - that it’s only USP was that it had Fab Filters available - this is not true!

Auria Pro has many features that are just not available in any other iOS DAW. It also has one of the most comprehensive feature sets of any iOS app. These are both strengths, but also in some ways what causes issues - Auria Pro has a steeper learning curve than most of its competitors.

Many people simply won’t be able to just pick up Auria Pro and get the most out of it without some time learning the app. Yes, this is true of most apps, but more so with Auria Pro. Once learnt however and there are few apps that could really do so much in one package (even before buying any add ons).

Auria Pro advantages imo:

1. Comprehensive package including a wonderful sound and synth package.
    2. Great mixer depth - buses, channel fx
    3. Feature set - automation, tempo track, comprehensive midi and audio features
    4. Floating onscreen keyboard and AU windows.
    5. You can do an awful lot of track with the built in sounds / fx before needing to freeze (even on my Air 2) - but it does have freeze! This also applys to using more instances of the available fx purchases (or so it seems to me so far).
    6. You can change alter midi boxes of the same name - this is quite handy for us copy, paste and tweak dudes.

Where the competition wins out imo:

1. Some other apps are just easier to get to grips with without such a steep learning curve - this can make them seem to help get productive quicker.
    2. Auria Pros onscreen keyboard and pads are lacking compared to some - the flow seems to be designed with midi keyboard users firmly in mind.
    3. Auria Pro does not have the wonderful built in sampler of BM3 or some of that apps more esoteric features.
    4. Auria Pro can feel stuck in the conventions of DAWs of old at times. This is purely personal though and may or may not be of consequence to some.

This is just my personal opinion and others may not find any of these points apply for them.

• Yeah, what @Fruitbat1919 said :)

Auria's main strength is in finishing/polishing/mixing. I often start tracks elsewhere, be it in GarageBand, Gadget, AUM, and lately Xequence, but I always do the final mix in Auria.

But of course you can create a track from start to finish in Auria itself. It has two great FabFilter synths built-in, and the sampler instrument is also really good and comes with plenty of content, and it's really easy to add SF2 or EXS libraries to it - so Auria is a well fleshed out environment for composing as well as mixing. The sequencer and MIDI are also very good and come with many features that aren't available in competing products (non-destructive quantisation, groove templates, lots of MIDI effects).

Some people have complained about the UI being too busy, with the channel faders and knobs, but personally I just don't understand those complaints. A mixing app needs to have faders and knobs, and the UI isn't any more difficult than the average synth - Zeeon or Sunrizer also have plenty of knobs and dials on show.

But Auria is definitely the most powerful mixing solution available, especially with the native plugins from FF and PSP. Convert all MIDI tracks to audio, set the latency up to 4096 and you can add dozens of live plugins to your tracks without ever having to freeze - no other app on the platform comes close to being able to do this.

• edited September 2018

@richardyot said:
    Yeah, what @Fruitbat1919 said :)

Auria's main strength is in finishing/polishing/mixing. I often start tracks elsewhere, be it in GarageBand, Gadget, AUM, and lately Xequence, but I always do the final mix in Auria.

But of course you can create a track from start to finish in Auria itself. It has two great FabFilter synths built-in, and the sampler instrument is also really good and comes with plenty of content, and it's really easy to add SF2 or EXS libraries to it - so Auria is a well fleshed out environment for composing as well as mixing. The sequencer and MIDI are also very good and come with many features that aren't available in competing products (non-destructive quantisation, groove templates, lots of MIDI effects).

Some people have complained about the UI being too busy, with the channel faders and knobs, but personally I just don't understand those complaints. A mixing app needs to have faders and knobs, and the UI isn't any more difficult than the average synth - Zeeon or Sunrizer also have plenty of knobs and dials on show.

But Auria is definitely the most powerful mixing solution available, especially with the native plugins from FF and PSP. Convert all MIDI tracks to audio, set the latency up to 4096 and you can add dozens of live plugins to your tracks without ever having to freeze - no other app on the platform comes close to being able to do this.

With regards to the complaints about the UI being ‘too busy’, I personally think that is somewhat to do with the graphics and personal perception of the colours. This seems to change for myself depending on the time of day and available light. I personally think it’s more illusion of the colour scheme than layout itself.

I find a similar thing happening in BM3. The two pics below show two starting BM3 and Auria projects. While they are both easy to see information, as tracks build, I personally find Auria easier to see what I need more quickly (unless using the small song timeline bar)

I think while maybe time consuming to produce, a variety of skins would be useful for many iOS DAWs and go some way to reducing the feeling some get of a ‘busy UI’.

• I think it's the mixer UI that people have complained about:

But is it really any more complicated than a typical synth UI? Here's Sunrizer:

And yet I've never heard anyone complain that the Sunrizer UI is too complicated. I'm all for simplifying things but not at the expense of dumbing down functionality. I would argue that most synths actually have far more difficult UIs to grok than Auria (I mean look at something like iOdyssey for example) but we accept that we need the complexity in order to have the functionality.

• @richardyot said:
    I think it's the mixer UI that people have complained about:

But is it really any more complicated than a typical synth UI? Here's Sunrizer:

And yet I've never heard anyone complain that the Sunrizer UI is too complicated. I'm all for simplifying things but not at the expense of dumbing down functionality. I would argue that most synths actually have far more difficult UIs to grok than Auria (I mean look at something like iOdyssey for example) but we accept that we need the complexity in order to have the functionality.

Yep it is the mixer UI that people have complained about and I agree with yourself that it’s no more ‘cluttered’ than other software. My point is a suggested idea of why some may be feeling this way. Colour schemes really might help the perception that some have of that screen. It’s just an idea from Personal findings

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Colour schemes really might help the perception that some have of that screen. It’s just an idea from Personal findings

Yes a choice of skins might well help, maybe something lighter or less skeuomorphic would please some people. I quite like it as it is though. :)

• @richardyot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Colour schemes really might help the perception that some have of that screen. It’s just an idea from Personal findings

Yes a choice of skins might well help, maybe something lighter or less skeuomorphic would please some people. I quite like it as it is though. :)

Yeah better this

Than this

• You should get proQ2 standalone. Because you can still use it fine in Auria while having the leasure of using it elsewhere as well. There is no point really in buying a fabfilter plugin inside auria if it's available as a standalone.

• @Norbert said:
    You should get proQ2 standalone. Because you can still use it fine in Auria while having the leasure of using it elsewhere as well. There is no point really in buying a fabfilter plugin inside auria if it's available as a standalone.

While I agree the OP should get the standalone, I do think there is a small resource benefit from using the Auria shop apps - they seem to use less processing load than using AUs in Auria. This doesn’t outway the benefit of the proQ2 AU though for most people.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Norbert said:
    You should get proQ2 standalone. Because you can still use it fine in Auria while having the leasure of using it elsewhere as well. There is no point really in buying a fabfilter plugin inside auria if it's available as a standalone.

While I agree the OP should get the standalone, I do think there is a small resource benefit from using the Auria shop apps - they seem to use less processing load than using AUs in Auria. This doesn’t outway the benefit of the proQ2 AU though for most people.

I know, and I agree for example when it concerns L2. Being a mastering tool you won't need it much outside Auria. But proQ is so useful everywhere that its versatility is invaluable compared to the process power increase in my opinion.

• @Norbert said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Norbert said:

I know, and I agree for example when it concerns L2. Being a mastering tool you won't need it much outside Auria. But proQ is so useful everywhere that its versatility is invaluable compared to the process power increase in my opinion.

Yes agree totally :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@richardyot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Yeah better this

Than this

Blasphemous but true🙀