Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any App that provides "virtual App folders"?

I would like to have a way to sort and collect Apps in a place where I can see them like in a regular App folder, but without indeed moving them into such a folder.

I tried "Launcher" for this, but sadly, it just cannot start arbitrary Apps.

WorkFlow is a different beast.

And I am not sure about "Launch Center Pro" and if it could just start the Apps and not only works for some Action for a Apps.

Any idea?

The goal would be to have such collected Apps in one place even if they originally reside in different folders or even screens on the iPad.

Comments

• Anybody uses Launch Center Pro?

:)

• @tja said:
    Anybody uses Launch Center Pro?

:)

From some comments I read, it seems that the Apps need to support being started by this Apps too, like with Launcher.
    And Launcher cannot launch most of my Apps.

Even AudioBus 3 is not listed, but AudioBus 2.

So, suspect that this App is also no solution.

• edited September 2018

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't allow this... I guess Launcher uses URLs to launch apps, and that only works with apps that register URL schemes (all Audiobus apps do that, for example, to be able to be opened by Audiobus).

I agree the iOS Home Screen has always been a clusterfuck and some smarter and more efficient ways to organize apps, including multiple links (shortcuts) to the same app in different categories etc., are badly needed... it would already be "amazing" to be able to just freely place apps without the idiotic forced auto-arrangement. SORRY FOR THE RANT! :)

(to say something positive too: this is one of the VERY few occasions where I would say that Android :open_mouth: is superior! :D )

• I just swipe down on the screen and type the app name when I forget where it is...
    (Same way as I launch apps on macOS Command+Space and start typing the app name).

• @Samu yes I do that too with rarely used apps. VIF (very important feature! :))

• @Samu said:
    I just swipe down on the screen and type the app name when I forget where it is...
    (Same way as I launch apps on macOS Command+Space and start typing the app name).

Since about 2 weeks, that stopped working on my iPad.
    I tried any and all solutions I found in the internet and even had a case at Apple.
    Solution: Setting the iPad up as a new iPad and then restoring a backup.

Cannot do that, as there are already several apps that are removed from the App store, which I would not get back.

Anyway, I like to have things visible on a surface to see and then select them. But not for the price of moving them out of their regular, thematically folder to another place.

So, that's out of order, it seems :'(

Many thanks to you and @SevenSystems