Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Unklepop drummachine AUv3 just $0.99

2»

Comments

• It's got a charm I say. Many odd things about it (having to load different kits via loading Patterns being a big one) and major bummer that the step sequencer disappears when not standalone (as with the mighty Zeeon, yet both understandable). Another big irk is when shortening Decay in kicks there's pops - as with the Groovebox app - I'll never understand developers omitting micro-fades to waveform length end-adjustments.

On the plus though! The minimal sculpting on offer is super effective especially if you're in a "Roland Classics" frame of mind: the ability to add Click and 'Snappy' to anything is strange but cool. The Tone filter is just mega useful. Could I make the beats I have in another app? theoretically definitely yes but in practice so far definitely no.

Easily worth 99¢
    *assuming you're a virtual drum machine addict.

• I honestly do not understand the hate here. It's basic, it's cheap, it's easy to make it sound quite decent using various effects mods. It doesn't pretend to be an all-in-one rhythm solution.

• edited September 2018

@ALB said:
    I honestly do not understand the hate here. It's basic, it's cheap, it's easy to make it sound quite decent using various effects mods. It doesn't pretend to be an all-in-one rhythm solution.

The modern entitled world, $0.99 should get you a full circuit modelled plugin with daily phone calls from the developer to ask you exactly what feature you would like implemented while you sleep.

• @ALB said:
    I honestly do not understand the hate here. It's basic, it's cheap, it's easy to make it sound quite decent using various effects mods. It doesn't pretend to be an all-in-one rhythm solution.

indeed, and it’s certainly more flexible than the ‘classic machines’ iap that Steinberg provided and at half or maybe a quarter of the price depending how quick you were to purchase.

• I don’t feel entitled. I just don’t particularly like it. The price is irrelevant really.

It’s not the first time I’ve wasted some money on apps I dont particularly like and it won’t be the last. I just chalk it down to iOS app buying - sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.

Definitely not angry or really that bothered. I am just sharing that I personally wouldn’t recommend it. Another persons milage may vary.

It’s similar to buying lots of IAPs for certain apps, you pay a few quid - some you like, some you don’t.

• I like the hats. Can see combining those with ruismakers.

• There's also the option for Bit-Crusher and Distortion per sound that is quite nice :)

• I like it. Granted, I prefer it mixed with others. But I don’t get the hate either.

• All this angst about this app! It makes me covet the sounds that no one else wants....

• edited September 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    All this angst about this app! It makes me covet the sounds that no one else wants....

It's got character. :) Sounds decent by itself, but also good base to throw effects at.

It's a buck, but I'd have felt fine paying a bit more for it. Easily in the $5 range.

I think that when some apps are either free, or very cheap... it creates this pseudo devaluing... that it must not be good.

Bet if this had released at around $3.99ish... the feedback would generally be more positive.

Messed around with it again for awhile to see if I could figure out why a couple of folks here hate it and compare it's sound to kangaroo excrement, but I don't hear what they're hearing... or we have radically different taste. I reckon it's the latter.

The sound isn't as clean as the Brambos offerings, and I prefer MV08 and SynthDrum Kick... over this one. But, it's got a dirty character I kinda dig. Different strokes I guess.

• @skiphunt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    All this angst about this app! It makes me covet the sounds that no one else wants....

It's got character. :) Sounds decent by itself, but also good base to throw effects at.

It's a buck, but I'd have felt fine paying a bit more for it. Easily in the $5 range.

I think that when some apps are either free, or very cheap... it creates this pseudo devaluing... that it must not be good.

Bet if this had released at around $3.99ish... the feedback would generally be more positive.

Messed around with it again for awhile to see if I could figure out why a couple of folks here hate it and compare it's sound to kangaroo excrement, but I don't hear what they're hearing... or we have radically different taste. I reckon it's the latter.

The sound isn't as clean as the Brambos offerings, and I prefer MV08 and SynthDrum Kick... over this one. But, it's got a dirty character I kinda dig. Different strokes I guess.

My feeling as well. Also, I needed another drum machine app. :D

• Abelton Link crash has been fixed.

• I use quite a lot of the packs from iMachine 2. Some of them are great, some are donkey poo (just my opinion. Yeah they are samples and not quite the same as this app.

Like all apps though some people just won’t like the sound of it. I’m not moaning about buying it as I’ve lost much more money on apps and IAPs I don’t like before.

I wouldn’t get too hung up either way to be honest. This is an app that makes sound - some will like it and some won’t. Each opinion is valid. I bought it at £1.99 to make up my own mind - I simply don’t like it enough sound wise to think I would use it over the thousand other options I have. One day I might come to like it as I have other apps I didn’t like at the start.

The same happens with other apps too - I quite liked KEW when I first bought it, but with more time, I’m beginning to think I won’t use it much either :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I use quite a lot of the packs from iMachine 2. Some of them are great, some are donkey poo (just my opinion. Yeah they are samples and not quite the same as this app.

Like all apps though some people just won’t like the sound of it. I’m not moaning about buying it as I’ve lost much more money on apps and IAPs I don’t like before.

I wouldn’t get too hung up either way to be honest. This is an app that makes sound - some will like it and some won’t. Each opinion is valid. I bought it at £1.99 to make up my own mind - I simply don’t like it enough sound wise to think I would use it over the thousand other options I have. One day I might come to like it as I have other apps I didn’t like at the start.

The same happens with other apps too - I quite liked KEW when I first bought it, but with more time, I’m beginning to think I won’t use it much either :p

The problem as I see it is too much choice. For a long time in the hardware world I had 2 synths, a sampler and a drum machine. I made a lot of music with them. Much more than I’ve made with all the apps I have.

• @anickt said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I use quite a lot of the packs from iMachine 2. Some of them are great, some are donkey poo (just my opinion. Yeah they are samples and not quite the same as this app.

The problem as I see it is too much choice. For a long time in the hardware world I had 2 synths, a sampler and a drum machine. I made a lot of music with them. Much more than I’ve made with all the apps I have.

Shhh. It is the ugly simple truth and the Devil in each us has agreed to choose silence....

• @anickt said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Yeah that’s true. I do remember the cable and mains hum problems, smoking killing some of my hardware and the lack of money I had for anything else lol

• what is this where you criticize a crappy app and it's considered “hate”? i mean fuck, are we so damn pc we cant put a crappy app effort down?

• Saying “I love it” or “It sucks” doesn’t contribute much. Without any foundation for those statements such a post is just noise. “It sucks” statements often end right there with no demonstrable reason why others should think the same. “I don’t like the way it sounds” isn’t something I would bother posting because, who cares?

• @99476598326 said:
    what is this where you criticize a crappy app and it's considered “hate”? i mean fuck, are we so damn pc we cant put a crappy app effort down?

Imho, I think, for me personally, YMMV, I feel I agree

• @anickt said:
    Saying “I love it” or “It sucks” doesn’t contribute much. Without any foundation for those statements such a post is just noise. “It sucks” statements often end right there with no demonstrable reason why others should think the same. “I don’t like the way it sounds” isn’t something I would bother posting because, who cares?

what foundation do i need more than i bought it, used it and it sucked? i posted it because this is a forum and people do that. its never criticised when its a positive “oh i love this app” but when i say its shit (and it is shit) i get this moral jack-a-round from you. you dont have to agree. i think its a shit app. it sounds like shit. its ui is shit. it looks and sounds like the dev took a shit and this app flopped out into the toilet. fuck even the dev thought, hmm, whats the lowest price i can make this because this is a piece of crap.
    you know its so bad lets take any creativity out of even naming the damn thing and just call it “drum machine”

its clear the dev knows its a turd. i dont like turds. some people might like turds in their daw. not me.

i think some people were just happy to have a new auv3 drum machine like me. then you try it and its a turd. well im going to say so on this forum so perhaps in the future someone walks upon this turd and thinks, hey that one guy hated this turd so much that maybe i shouldnt waste my time (or my dollar) on turds.

• @99476598326 said:

@anickt said:
    Saying “I love it” or “It sucks” doesn’t contribute much. Without any foundation for those statements such a post is just noise. “It sucks” statements often end right there with no demonstrable reason why others should think the same. “I don’t like the way it sounds” isn’t something I would bother posting because, who cares?

what foundation do i need more than i bought it, used it and it sucked? i posted it because this is a forum and people do that. its never criticised when its a positive “oh i love this app” but when i say its shit (and it is shit) i get this moral jack-a-round from you. you dont have to agree. i think its a shit app. it sounds like shit. its ui is shit. it looks and sounds like the dev took a shit and this app flopped out into the toilet. fuck even the dev thought, hmm, whats the lowest price i can make this because this is a piece of crap.
    you know its so bad lets take any creativity out of even naming the damn thing and just call it “drum machine”

its clear the dev knows its a turd. i dont like turds. some people might like turds in their daw. not me.

i think some people were just happy to have a new auv3 drum machine like me. then you try it and its a turd. well im going to say so on this forum so perhaps in the future someone walks upon this turd and thinks, hey that one guy hated this turd so much that maybe i shouldnt waste my time (or my dollar) on turds.

One persons turd may be someone else’s treasure! :D

• One persons turd may be someone else’s treasure! :D

well done, sir

• Was screwing around with a new and temporarily free particles app by the same dev as Bluristic and Fluxo, called SpaceDots.

It was late and wanted to add some sound to it real quick. This is just a screen recording that’s also been mangled by Instagram, but it’s mostly Drum AU, mixed with some MV08, SynthDrum Kick + RX950

https://www.instagram.com/tv/BndKubwhxR6/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=10omba2a7znnx

• edited September 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@universe said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@universe said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@universe said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Unklepop. Brings certain feelings about the van with the man and the free sweeties in the back. Might just be my Middlesex childhood.....

You grew up in Middlesex north london ?

Was born in Isleworth, Middlesex. Been a long time since I darkened those doorways however....

Why did I think you were americano?

Maybe all this Austin, Texas is rubbing off on me :)

You live in Texas now ?

Have been, am, and likely will do for some time to come....not crazy about the Texas part, but am very happy with the Austin bit...:)

:D While reading this exchange I literally laughed til i farted! This whole thread is high-larious!

Edit: viewing all those quotes within quotes seems to open a portal into another dimension. :o