Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DORIAN SCALE - The 2nd mode of Major (Music Theory <-- light theory)

edited September 2018 in Other

Signals Music Studio
This guy breaks it down. He gives contextual, emotional and song examples! Love it.
watch the vid it has nothing to do with Seinfeld.

Comments

• Dorian is Gadget’s default scale.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Dorian is Gadget’s default scale.

Hmmmm Cool tidbit.

• Absolut awesome stuff! Thanks man for sharing! It’s actually the first video I got a sense of „oh I think I got it a bit more what modes are“ - great dude! Will check more of him out soon. His channel is called signals music studio?

• @david_2017 said:
    Absolut awesome stuff! Thanks man for sharing! It’s actually the first video I got a sense of „oh I think I got it a bit more what modes are“ - great dude! Will check more of him out soon. His channel is called signals music studio?

Yup, yup

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRDDHLvQb8HjE2r7_ZuNtWA

• on a separate point of view...I see all these videos about modes and modes.. and wonder what the fuss is all about .. was a time i got caught up in all these modes .. for me personally seeing modes as flavor notes was a big breakthrough....for example the Classic Am pentatonic ( position 5 on guitar) , you just add the F# and bingo you have borrowed from A dorian.. add the ebblues note and you have a Jam for days ... this all over Hendrix records

• @audiblevideo said:
    Signals Music Studio
    This guy breaks it down. He gives contextual, emotional and song examples! Love it.

Good find.

Wish I had seen this vid 10 years ago.

I like the way he explains the scale steps, the chords needed, jams on the mode and then presents examples of real life hits using the mode.

Everything you need to understand the mode in 10 mins. Very nicely done.

• I mainly just smash the keyboard with my forehead.

• Dorian is my favorite, I start most tracks in it. Kinda in between Major and Minor :)

• @e121 said:
    I mainly just smash the keyboard with my forehead.

Pmsl!

• @audiblevideo said:
    Signals Music Studio

Very good video and excellent guitar skills!

• I have difficulty with music theory. Every little helps. Thanks

• Been following this guy for a few months now. I like his approach.

• Dorian is like the cool minor.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Dorian is like the cool minor.

Yes @Lady_App_titude. She's back! Have you checked out @bedheadproducer's Guitar playing yet. He's also a fair BeatMaker too. Your genres are distinct (he's closer to metal/shred) but I would love to hear a collaboration from the two of you. Something tells me he can also play other genres but likes to be technically amazing on stage for crowds... It's a living for the lucky few.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

Dorian is the "minor" that never ages but has this "Gray self-portrait" at home in a vault you can't see... it's pretty Wilde.

• @McDtracy said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Dorian is the "minor" that never ages but has this "Gray self-portrait" at home in a vault you can't see... it's pretty Wilde.

You worked hard for that 👏🏼👏🏼

• These videos always kind of miss out on what modes are good for, which is modulation. Just raise the sixth of a minor scale and play over a static chord or 2 - 5 is pretty boring advice.

• @McDtracy said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Yes @Lady_App_titude. She's back! Have you checked out @bedheadproducer's Guitar playing yet. He's also a fair BeatMaker too. Your genres are distinct (he's closer to metal/shred) but I would love to hear a collaboration from the two of you. Something tells me he can also play other genres but likes to be technically amazing on stage for crowds... It's a living for the lucky few.

I’m afraid I’m hopelessly behind on all that, but thanks for the kind words/thoughts! Always appreciated.

• @BroCoast said:
    modes are good for modulation

Really? Tell us more or maybe an example. Never heard this before w.r.t. modes. Most modal tunes seem to start and stop with the same tonal root... but some do take a mode up and down intervals over the life of the song form like "So What?".
    Is that what you're thinking?

• @McDtracy said:

@BroCoast said:
    modes are good for modulation

Really? Tell us more or maybe an example. Never heard this before w.r.t. modes. Most modal tunes seem to start and stop with the same tonal root... but some do take a mode up and down intervals over the life of the song form like "So What?".
    Is that what you're thinking?

That's one cool thing you can do. It's easy to google what I am talking about and see an example rather than me try and give you one. But a different use of modes to just playing them over static chords or modal vamps.

One example I have used in the past is:

My whole song is a C - Bb thing

But I switch to Dm9 and play D Dorian for the solo.