Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Youtube Bedhead Producer Episode 4, Audio Mangling 101

This is mainly for newbies to chopping audio and glitching it out as well as automating glitch rhythms, mainly using what's available in Cubasis , to prove you don't need any third party plugins, and the a comparison of mangled audio automating Turnado and lastly using Egoist to creat several variation.....all examples are done using the same source audio, a simple power chord progression on guitar, but the same techniques can be used on any sudio with held whole notes, ie synth pads, vocals or any source really.

Also, true to my moniker, you'll see that this was all done, in bed.

Comments

• Too much, Marc! You are one scary dude! I can only imagine what you would be capable of if you still had all your body parts. Keep up the good work and thanks for the knowledge.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Crazy stuff🤪lots of good info, thanks Marc

• You’re crazy. And I love it.

• Daaammmmmmn! Words fail me. B)

Thanks. That was awesome.

• You’ve brought some fresh awesomeness to the forum...

• @LinearLineman : “Body parts”?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @LinearLineman : “Body parts”?

I announced I have a fake leg from a motorcycle accident that happened when I was 18, which took me until 24 to recover from, which is why I played guitar 12 hours a day all of my 20s
    and a huge contributing factor to the skills I've gained. I'm not sensitive about it... In fact I've been performing on stage my whole adult life. I used to teeter a bit when I was first getting used to headbanging on stage and my friends and roadies swore that at least once a night they thought I was going to fall off stage, but I never did. These days I don't jump around much, just had a gig last night...and I perform regularly. Nobody would know unless I told them. I always thought it would be a blast if one day I got famous and set it on fire on stage, or had a special leg made out of plexi glass with LEDs and lasers. Who knows, I'm not dead yet. If I do get famous...it will be because of you guys! haha! I used to do stupid shit to freak people out...like smash beer bottles on it for unsuspecting new friends at a bar, or kick metal telephone poles with my shin to make a nice ringing sound. Once when I first moved to San Francisco at 22 I was at a hippy party with all vegetarian food and I was hungry so I took a rolling pin and smashed walnut shells open on my leg. 5 people dropped their paper plates full of veggies at once that day. I wasn't even trying to play a prank that day..I was just hungry and it seemed like a good idea at the time. And yes..I'm nuts, like Robin Williams or Jim Carey. I've been trying to make people laugh for as long as I can remember. I disrupted class all the time as a kid and nobody got the jokes back then. I spent half the 6th grade with my desk surrounded by a cardboard voting booth so I'd leave the other kids alone and when I plastered poster up in it and they made me take them down, so I drew pictures of kiss with their makeup on so they couldn't make me take them down. When I made holes that I could shoot spitwads of chewed on paper at the other kids and they couldn't shoot back because of my cardboard barrier, that was the last straw and they put me in with the second graders in these little tiny desks and I would just be allowed back in my normal class to get my assignments. The second graders thought I was mentally challenged, why else would I be there....and called me "retarded" (way before it was no longer PC to use that word, but I didn't care. We all made faces at each other and I thought it was funny. Then when I was 13 I got sent to live with my grandmother in Germany and these older kids let me join their moped gang. Who knew back then that a motor cycle would change my life forever. It took me 20 years to get the guts to ride again and then I got an MP3 piagio scooter with 3 wheels that went 110 miles per hour. The first year I rode around like a grandpa. By year 4 I was racing around like an Idiot and T-boned an SUV at 5 miles per hour going through an intersection and totaled it. I figure two accidents in one life time was enough and I gave up riding, sadly, but it was a blast for four years. My friends would say every day...Marc is crazy! I was 42 then. My 21 year girlfriend, and the next 3 21 year old girlfriends all thought so too. :) So, ya, they broke the mold when they made me. I'm not actually insane...lol. I just am a big goofball and life amuses me to say the least. :)

• edited September 2018

@bedheadproducer : I’m glad I asked! I’m somewhat goofy also, in fact I used to do stand up comedy. At age 51 I even rapped on national TV w Steve Harvey..
    There’s actually a good video on YouTube Re the use the term “retarded”.

• @bedheadproducer : I’d love to see your guitar work

• @bedheadproducer said:
    I've been trying to make people laugh for as long as I can remember.

You succeeded right there with walnut shells and beer bottle smashing, too funny LOL :lol:

• @Telstar5 said:
    @bedheadproducer : I’d love to see your guitar work

well, it just so happens I'm giving away my last instrumental album for free on bandcamp, with the pay if you wish model. So far people have only downloaded it for free.....
    I was on tour with a band called Circle II Circle, all over Europe...got to open for Accept in Austria for a crowd of about 4000 people. I'm also on their last record and will be doing a new record with them soon.

That exposure made me somewhat famous again in underground metal circles. When I got back home, I released the album "Risen From The Ashes" and one day after putting it up for sale on CD baby, 2 people bought it and 1 of them uploaded it to a bittorrent site. . Within 1 week it was on hundreds of bitorrent sites, and got downloaded over 1 million times. It's still all over the net on torrent site if you do a search.

. So I figured, well, I may as well give it away free.at

https://marcpattison1.bandcamp.com/

I have a new one coming out soon...material is finished and recorded...I just need to fix a few things here and there. I'm going to give it away for free to my youtube subscribers first, as a gift, and then release it for free on youtube a couple weeks later.

There is no money in releasing albums anymore, unless you are already super famous, and even then, if you are good, your album will get bootlegged the first day it's on sale. At best albums are generally just a calling card to get gigs and hopefully more followers who will show up to your gigs. Fame generally only equals cash if you partner up with manufactures of some sort. I'm endorsed by several companies, Like ESP guitars, Peavey amps(used to endorse Line 6) Dimarzio, Steinberg/Yamaha, M-Audio etc, but they don't pay me and I only get free stuff If I'm on tour. Otherwise I get a nice discount. :) And yes, I have some famous friends I've met through the years...but many of them barely survive touring....it's just not a great money making business...youtubers make more money! So that's one reason I'm trying to make a presence, before I have to put out a hat and play on the street regularly! Although I actually have a dream of doing that at least once in my life, being a street performer.

I also just did a short improv on my channel last week you can see here.

Please subscribe if you get a chance...I promise I'll make it worth your while sooner or later! :smile:

• @Telstar5 said:
    @bedheadproducer : I’m glad I asked! I’m somewhat goofy also, in fact I used to do stand up comedy. At age 51 I even rapped on national TV w Steve Harvey..

You quite doing comedy?!!!! why?!! I have a secret dream to do stand up...but I'm not sure how to start.
    BTW, the only reason I wasn't on youtube sooner, is because I've had a phobia of being on video. As long as I don't know a camera is running I'm fine, but I am really self conscious on video. I'm not on stage, but something about video has scared me for a long time. So, if you see me on video now being a goofball, well that's because I'm hell bent on breaking that phobia. Fuck fear! I've never let fear stop me....but am I afraid? All the time...I hide it very well.

• edited September 2018

@Telstar5 said:

Dude!!! that was fucking awesome!!!! It reminded me of a prank I like to pull with a car full of people when I go to concerts. I have a handicap placard, so I love to pull up to the parking attendant at a concert and act like I'm mentally handicapped....full slurring voice and spastic gestures and yell "scuze me! where da parking at?" while flailing and pointing wildly at my handicapped placard. The people in my car are usually unaware I'm going to pull this stunt...but the best part, is when the attendant slowly points and explains where the parking is at, to make sure I understand...as if I'm a child, completely forgetting that they don't give people like that a drivers license and allow them to driver their friends the concert. Then i peel out like a maniac and head to the handicapped parking yelling at the top of my lungs out the window "Tank Youuuuu!!!" When people give me shit, I say "what? I'm handicapped. I'm allowed to make fun of them, just like black people are allowed to use the N word!!!"

• edited September 2018

@RJB said:
    Crazy stuff🤪lots of good info, thanks Marc

@universe said:
    You’re crazy. And I love it.

@wim said:
    Daaammmmmmn! Words fail me. B)

Thanks. That was awesome.

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:
    I've been trying to make people laugh for as long as I can remember.

You succeeded right there with walnut shells and beer bottle smashing, too funny LOL :lol:

Thanks everyone....I have a fuzzy feeling in my stomach now. I thought maybe you guys wouldn't like my antics. Creative people often second guess themselves, which I'm sure you all understand and probably do yourself. The people here have been nothing short of amazing and if I forgot to thank any one in particular...I'm sorry...i type too much and am really trying to control myself around here. Yes, i'm an entertainer, but not actually an attention whore. My biggest wish at this point in my life is to give back what I've learned. I've always wished to give people a tiny vacation from their sometimes fucked up reality..because that's what comedians and musicians have done and continue to do for me. Thanks so much for the warm welcome YOU are the awesome ones. I'm the one born short of a few marbles....lol

• @bedheadproducer : I started standup at 45 yrs old. I’m 66 now ... It’s young man’s game, stand up is like music. Here’s me at 51 and I have a few stand up videos on YouTube

• @bedheadproducer :could you post your guitar improv as a link? That video won’t load at least not on my end .

• @Telstar5 said:
    @bedheadproducer : I started standup at 45 yrs old. I’m 66 now ... It’s young man’s game, stand up is like music. Here’s me at 51 and I have a few stand up videos on YouTube

Dude, that was killer....so are you actually a hip hop fan or did you learn to do that to make people laugh...or both? btw, I'm going to upload all of my videos to vimeo right now and then I'll leave a link

• @bedheadproducer : Thanks, man! I used to busk in the streets of NYC doing that in 1986-87 before there were any white rappers. I had original stuff but they wouldn’t let me do it . I was on America’s Got Talent in 2011 but it’s not on YouTube because the judges got booed, lol. Yeah, please leave a link , I’d love to see.
    I liked hip hop in 1987 but like Rock N’ Roll, lost its freshness when e stone jumped on the bandwagon subsequently.

• There’s some great chopping skills in there. The obvious shortcuts might come from Sugar Bytes Effectrix and Audio Damage Replicant 2.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @bedheadproducer :could you post your guitar improv as a link? That video won’t load at least not on my end .

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6te09p

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @supadom said:
    There’s some great chopping skills in there. The obvious shortcuts might come from Sugar Bytes Effectrix and Audio Damage Replicant 2.

Actually no, more like Sector.

• All around great! Care to share the apps used for video production?

• I think this is some of the best instructional video out there (starting at 3:05). You have some serious production skills that I'm not used to see in action. I have to credit your video chops too (but 3:05 for the rest of us just wanting music information).

I'm probably stuck in a mode of music creation that stopped with the techniques of the Tascam Port-a-Studio so it's good to see how these new uses of technology have evolved and realize I have that App (Cubasis). I can do this... I won't but I could.
    I won't take the time to mangle any sound because I make music for myself and that's not my interest (John Mayer, Jason Mraz, James Taylor, David Crosby, Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Miles, Erroll Garner, Micheal Breaker, Beethoven, Bach, Zappa). People that can walk into a room and just play.

Did you know Bach never had a #1 hit? Came close with "Switch on Bach" but that was Moog that made the charts and the dude that made the record was really a woman in her heart? Bach was a church organist so he spent too much time with his hands on the his organ (at church no less). A different time.

Not to give backhanded compliment. I try to make my compliments forehands.

I respect talent and work ethic when I see it. And giving away the secrets for the next generation is essential to hearing music that sounds anything like us. Otherwise it's all "Kanye" and pure ego.
    No sense of history and how we got here.

As the 40 year olds say "You friggin' Rock Dude."

As a late in life guitarist (67 this year): "Damn, I wish I could play like that." Not the metal stuff (not my thing) but the knowledge of the neck and the right hand. Your pick motion is so precise. No wasted movements. Makes me want to practice 12 hours a day but I have commitments and others that come first. So, drool.

Please keep showing us how it can be done: musically and technically. Start a Patreon and show us you can make money teaching if you have talent as a teacher. Be the Musical "Khan Academy" for Guitar & Music Production using Patreon to get paid.

I have a feeling you'll do it for free just to get recognition (i.e. Love) and that's great too if you can support yourself. Most cannot.

Doug got hit with a medical emergency and needed to ask for help. (Before my time here). I joined his Patreon when Apple announced the pending shut down the Affiliate Program. Ouch.
    Huge revenue stream lost for Doug and this Forum too. (Buy "AudioBus Remote" or Loopy or SampleBot people).

Doug's doing more training videos and that's the future to pay the bills. Good training is worth the money spent in time saved. Bad training is a waste. Make the good stuff. Go slow and let people ask questions and make Version 2 and ya-da, ya-da.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @bedheadproducer : I started standup at 45 yrs old. I’m 66 now ... It’s young man’s game, stand up is like music. Here’s me at 51 and I have a few stand up videos on YouTube

That was classic! Where can we find the standup videos?

• edited September 2018

@McDtracy : Thanks for your interest : This is from waaay back in 1997 in four short parts.

You should be able to find the other three easily once you click on this one . I’m mainly a muso who once dabbled at stand up.
    I was on America’s Got Talent in 2011.. I just missed the cut this year at the 11th hr. I hope to be on again in 2019.. I’ll announce here of course

• @bedheadproducer : The dailymotion video doesn’t play here either. It says “loading” but never does

• @Telstar5 said:
    I’m mainly a muso who once dabbled at stand up.

I love stand up. You look comfortable doing it. Your movement and some of the themes you work remind me of the great Lenny Bruce.

• @McDtracy : Wow! Thanks man, that’s HIGH PRAISE indeed! Actually I was wearing these motorcycle type boots that were a half size too small and I was REALLY UNcomfortable .. appreciate the kind words though