Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2 File import / sample management

Hey hive mind,

I'm trying to get some bulk importing going and reading the manual it says dropbox and items file sharing are the tools for this. I just want to check a few assumptions and that I'm doing the right workflow, because it a bit laborious and it would be nice if I'm missing something when trying to import and group into folders. First a couple of behaviours I'm experiencing,

  • Importing files can only be done to the USER SAMPLES folder
  • New folders cannot be created in the USER SAMPLES folder

Because of these point above the current workflow is

  • Import selection to USER SAMPLES FOLDER
  • Select all (manually - no select all) and move to specific folder (hats, kicks etc.)
  • Select all again (as selection cleared) and deleted from USER SAMPLES

it's pretty laborious for large file sets..... can anyone suggest anything more streamlined or have I get anything wrong above? @benkamen

Comments

  • edited September 2018

    @benkamen Actually digging in a bit deeper I'm seeing a pretty significant issue / bug.

    • All files added to a 'user created folder', disappear after importing new files to the 'USER SAMPLES' folder (in some instances)
    • Or all files added to a 'user created folder', disappear after moving imported files to another folder (in other instances)

    I've been able to repeat this approx. 10 times. I'm on latest iOS, latest patterning version

  • it is a total pain to organize files. you should be able to import directly into a premade folder . the extra step is a pain when you have to sift through all the existing user files to make sure you have your kit in the right place.

  • @skoptic said:
    @benkamen Actually digging in a bit deeper I'm seeing a pretty significant issue / bug.

    • All files added to a 'user created folder', disappear after importing new files to the 'USER SAMPLES' folder (in some instances)
    • Or all files added to a 'user created folder', disappear after moving imported files to another folder (in other instances)

    I've been able to repeat this approx. 10 times. I'm on latest iOS, latest patterning version

    Mbbe raise this on the patterning forum too?

  • @LeonLeroy said:
    it is a total pain to organize files. you should be able to import directly into a premade folder . the extra step is a pain when you have to sift through all the existing user files to make sure you have your kit in the right place.

    @d4d0ug said:
    Mbbe raise this on the patterning forum too?

    Thanks both, I had raised it on patterning and had some emails back and forth with Ben who has been very responsive. My first error was that the ‘all user samples’ view is not a folder but a filter/view, so never delete from there or it will delete from app in general.

    He has been looking at direct import to folders as I was ready to scratch my eyes out having imported then moved 300 hi hats individually. Import to folder direct would still need the files to be selected individually to import, but at least you wouldn’t have to reselect and move them :) Hopefully that comes as an update soon, I’m not adding more samples at the moment.

  • @skoptic said:

    @LeonLeroy said:
    it is a total pain to organize files. you should be able to import directly into a premade folder . the extra step is a pain when you have to sift through all the existing user files to make sure you have your kit in the right place.

    @d4d0ug said:
    Mbbe raise this on the patterning forum too?

    Thanks both, I had raised it on patterning and had some emails back and forth with Ben who has been very responsive. My first error was that the ‘all user samples’ view is not a folder but a filter/view, so never delete from there or it will delete from app in general.

    He has been looking at direct import to folders as I was ready to scratch my eyes out having imported then moved 300 hi hats individually. Import to folder direct would still need the files to be selected individually to import, but at least you wouldn’t have to reselect and move them :) Hopefully that comes as an update soon, I’m not adding more samples at the moment.

    You may be in luck.

    Haven't tested yet since all my stuff's on Drive, not Dropbox. But sounds good.

  • I’ve tested - it’s awesome, brought a few hundred files across with a few clicks, straight into correct folder :)

  • I'm still having problems importing from Itunes file sharing to a specific folder. :(
    I Posted on the Olympia forum and hope for a solution soon.

  • I’m looking to import a large sample collection with lots of sub folders and several GB of samples. Is Patterning able to do this now? Assuming this would need to be done via Dropbox.

Sign In or Register to comment.