Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus internal keyboard scales and size please!!

2»

Comments

• edited September 2018

@Michael said:

@Janosax said:
    @Michael

Concerning screen edge lag, that’s much better, but there is still a little lag on the lower left corner don’t know if that can be improved on iPhone (7Plus).

Also, while playing/holding chord with left hand and tap on octave buttons and play another notes with right hand, I got stuck notes. Could be great if it’s fixed! :)

Roger that. Bugger about the lag. Have you seen other apps that have fixed it? Always good to know if it's even possible, in advance

I remember Sonausorus dev had some difffiluties to fix ThumbJam upper edge lag. So I know it seems difficult to fix it entirely on iPhone. Gadget has a function button in that left lower corner that works well, but it’s perhaps different than playing keys. I can live with it ;)

Also have you seen that from my last post?

Also, while playing/holding chord with left hand and tap on octave buttons and play another notes with right hand, I got stuck notes. Could be great if it’s fixed! :)

• Yup, will fix that

• Maybe Apple should start adding a few hardware buttons again before every single kind of tap and swipe is somehow intercepted by a system gesture :D

• I know, right =) It's like a slapstick comedy routine, especially with respect to the AB Connection Panel

• Hmm. No idea what to do about the lag, @Janosax ; I can't reproduce it on my iPhone X, but even if I could I'm not sure what I'd do. Seems like a system thing to me...

Think it's one for the too-hard basket for now. I may put a mod/pitch control there anyway.

• @Michael said:
    I know, right =) It's like a slapstick comedy routine, especially with respect to the AB Connection Panel

Haha, yes actually just today I wondered if you have the panel properly notchified. But I digress ;)

• @Michael said:

@nick said:
    the new keyboard opitons are great!
    I wonder if it would be possible to have the keyboard stay on screen when switching from an instrument to an effect in the same lane. That way it would be much easier to dial in effects

Oh that is a good idea! Okay, I'll do that. Might not make it into this one, but the next one

I‘m happy to hear that! :smile:

• edited September 2018

@Michael said:
    Hmm. No idea what to do about the lag, @Janosax ; I can't reproduce it on my iPhone X, but even if I could I'm not sure what I'd do. Seems like a system thing to me...

Think it's one for the too-hard basket for now. I may put a mod/pitch control there anyway.

Perhaps iPhone 7 Plus related. First note higher velocity is still playable, just have to tap on right edge of the key, and your fix made it much better, so it’s ok. Pitch/mod wheels as an option with button could be very nice :)

• edited September 2018

Anyone havin issues with Zeeon as AU in the midi slot? I’m using the Midiflow keyboard but no sound is triggering Zeeon but using AB keyboard does work. On iPhone SE as my iPad fell and broke :s :'(

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Anyone havin issues with Zeeon as AU in the midi slot? I’m using the Midiflow keyboard but no sound is triggering Zeeon but using AB keyboard does work. On iPhone SE as my iPad fell and broke :s :'(

Yay that don’t works for me too, I’ve just checked it. iPhone 7 Plus.

• That's weird, it's working right for me. But I've made some tweaks, we'll see if the next build fixes it. Let me know if not.

• @Michael

There are no more stuck notes when holding’ keys with fingers and switching octaves, thanks!!!

However, when switching octaves, sound stops.

Wished behavior is being able to holding notes with left fingers, switch octave, and playing other notes with right fingers while left notes still sounding. Typical example is bass note/melody notes playing B)

• Hmm righto... I'll do that, but maybe for the next minor update; I'd like to get this release out unless there are any major issues still

• edited September 2018

@Michael said:
    Hmm righto... I'll do that, but maybe for the next minor update; I'd like to get this release out unless there are any major issues still

Ok nice! No more major issues, you can get this release out :)