Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AUv3 Drum Synth SynthDrum Kick is now live in the U.S. Store :)

SynthDrum Kick AUv3 by DesignByPaulApp just went live. Great sounding drum synth! Solid, stable... I like to use it alongside MV08

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthdrum-kick/id1362619238?mt=8

Comments

• This will be great in BM3 with some sample layers.

• @Approach said:
    This will be great in BM3 with some sample layers.

It’s very solid and lots of AU parameters exposed for automation too.

• @skiphunt said:

@Approach said:

The envelopes / transients sound very punchy in those SoundCloud demos. Is that your experience with it? Or have these demos been processed?

• @brice said:

@skiphunt said:

@Approach said:

The envelopes / transients sound very punchy in those SoundCloud demos. Is that your experience with it? Or have these demos been processed?

There’s a good deal of control over the sound. I think the demos reflect the more extreme ends, but you can easily dial it more into the middle too.

• This app is an absolute must buy!

NOW

• @brice said:

@skiphunt said:

@Approach said:

They are punchy af. I find that they cut through everything nicely.

• @DCJ said:

@brice said:

@skiphunt said:

@Approach said:

They are punchy af. I find that they cut through everything nicely.

Yes, and they pair really nicely with MV08 to my ear.

• Is there anything super better about the kick sounds you can get out of this vs. Ruismaker FM?

• @wim said:
    Is there anything super better about the kick sounds you can get out of this vs. Ruismaker FM?

I love Ruismaker, but this one can do low, aggressive 808s and convincing “rock” kicks. I don’t think there’s anything better for kicks to be honest.

• Glad to see this, am wondering: Is it to be 1 app per drum, ie SynthDrum Snare, SynthDrum Closed Hat etc?

• I don’t see a distortion unit. Does the EQ boost take it into distortion territory?

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Glad to see this, am wondering: Is it to be 1 app per drum, ie SynthDrum Snare, SynthDrum Closed Hat etc?

Good question. I see in the video it has snare section so is it more than just drums?

• Looks solid, but it's just a synth that can create drum sounds with no multi track?

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

It’s an AU. You can use it in as many separate tracks as you want.

• This was an insta-buy for me. Playing through this on Cubasis, is perfect. Great job!

• edited September 2018

@stormywaterz said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Glad to see this, am wondering: Is it to be 1 app per drum, ie SynthDrum Snare, SynthDrum Closed Hat etc?

Good question. I see in the video it has snare section so is it more than just drums?

In the app description it has a single dedicated (kick type) oscillator, a sine wave (even more particularly its a 909 type “clipped triangular” sine) so seems you’d then want the other drumsynth type oscillators available for snare, and hatssss etc

• Sounds quite good. Can you set the "ROOT" knob in musical (note-based) increments?

Anyone getting snare type sounds out of it? Would be interesting to see how much you could get out of a single instance with heavy automation. Like the way TweakyBeats works.

• @wim said:
    I don’t see a distortion unit. Does the EQ boost take it into distortion territory?

There's a "Clip Tone" knob on the right. Maybe that does it?

• I've missed this. I used to synthesize my EDM kicks in FL Studio via Kicker, and while my iOS workflow isn't AU based (Auxy and Gadget), I can for sure sample the output. It's punchier than using the synths in Gadget for sure, and since it's not a premade sample, I can add what I want to it (such as high-passed reverb) and mold it how I please. Thanks for the heads up Skip.

• @syrupcore said:

@wim said:
    I don’t see a distortion unit. Does the EQ boost take it into distortion territory?

There's a "Clip Tone" knob on the right. Maybe that does it?

Ahh. Missed that. Thanks bro.

• Can this be played melodically (for dub basslines)?

• edited September 2018

Bought it of course, and very glad. I misunderstood the thrust of the AppStore blurb it’s an all-arounder though something tells me there’s more coming, maybe an fm version (I like me some fm drumps).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:
    Is there anything super better about the kick sounds you can get out of this vs. Ruismaker FM?

Hmmm... I can't really say if anything is better. It's just different. Ruismaker FM is stellar. I love MV08 too, and this one is just another one with a little bit different sound. Can't put my finger on how it's different, but it is. Not "super better" just different. And, I like the weirdness you can dial in with it.. as well as all of the AU parameters exposed for LFO automation in apeMatrix.

I tested this for a bit and really didn't find anything wrong with it. Kinda felt guilty with not much to report back, but it's become kind of a "goto" mainstay that I like to throw in there often.

I tried to brake it or crash something... and had about 7 instances going of it with apeMatrix and 3 instances of Rozeta xox, rhythm, and baseline... completely filling up the apeMatrix grid... and that didn't even crash it on an iPhone SE. Pretty solid code.

• Thanks, @skiphunt
    Yeh, I should have said super different rather than super better. Based on the additional controls alone, it seems like it’s worthwhile.

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I've missed this. I used to synthesize my EDM kicks in FL Studio via Kicker, and while my iOS workflow isn't AU based (Auxy and Gadget), I can for sure sample the output. It's punchier than using the synths in Gadget for sure, and since it's not a premade sample, I can add what I want to it (such as high-passed reverb) and mold it how I please. Thanks for the heads up Skip.

I wish there was someth8ng like FL Studio’s BassDrum plugin that allows mixing in a sample for the attack transient. It’s easy enough to combine stuff for a similar effect, but I really like the convenience and controls of that plugin.

• $7 for just kick drums? I'm unconvinced of that value proposition, punchy or not.

• @nrgb said:
    Can this be played melodically (for dub basslines)?

Answered my own question.
    It's a yes!

B)

• It’s nice for sound design. I used beta to design some of kicks in the Patterning cloud kits I did recently

• @oddSTAR said:
    $7 for just kick drums? I'm unconvinced of that value proposition, punchy or not.

It is ridiculously good value for money