Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Muting forum users

@Michael I know you have more important fish to fry, but is there any chance we can get a way to mute users? Mostly a lurker here but this place is starting to become kind of a drag due to a few really toxic members.

Comments

• I like your name. You are a legend and will be missed.

• @Breezee said:
    I like your name. You are a legend and will be missed.

Whatever happened to the upvote button?

• @robertreynolds said:
    @Michael I know you have more important fish to fry, but is there any chance we can get a way to mute users? Mostly a lurker here but this place is starting to become kind of a drag due to a few really toxic members.

I agree. It’s certainly not the place it used to be, though most of the same folks are still here. After reading the comments of some newer members and realising what they are, I just filter them out manually by ignoring them. It’s better that way; better for my soul.

• yah the thumbs up button...where is it!

• I reckon best way just feed them with quality responses and you should be alright. I hope I’m not one of them, with my twisted sense of humour ;)

• Are you nuts? I can't think of a single one I'd want to go missing... unless ( gulp) it's me. Well, I certainly would go overboard to protect the possibly slipping sanity here. Yes, I confess I started the Logic rumor thread just to see if I could get 10,000 hits! I tried to stop it, but they pulled me back in!

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

I’m trying to think how that could work. Sure even if you could mute a user, the way we all quote other posts within our own would defeat that, wouldn’t it?

I kinda think this is asking for something that simply wouldn’t work.

Michael seems to appreciate judicial use of flagging posts. That would drive me nuts, but he really cares about keeping things civil. I’ve flagged exactly one post over the years, and that was only because it seemed like the whole conversation was getting way out of line from what I think Michael wants to see here. He thanked me, took care of it, and that person has been (mostly) much more constructive ever since.

• I dunno. Even some of the worst offenders occasionally contribute quality posts, but I understand the point

• Am I the only one who has gotten posts soliciting hookers?
    Maybe @robertreynolds is talking about all the smut you find here.

• A mute function will not make the core problem go away it's more like being an ostrich and putting the head in the sand trying to ignore the problem.

The irony here is that the muted users may at some point post something that is actually worth reading!

It's better really to mentally ignore the post and realise we're all different and can have severe mood shifts that make us behave in weird and sometimes very irrational and super annoying ways.
    (I have no respect for uncalled direct personal insults be it targeted at developers or users).

Even I though I don't always agree with everything posted here I try to stay put and not waste too much energy on getting upset over the posts and have mostly learned 'not to feed the troll' when discussions start to get out of hand...

I do admit I can have my WTF moments from time to time...

• “Don’t feed the troll” is probably he wisest and hardest to follow nugget of wisdom I’ve ever come across online.

As someone who has been a troll more than I like to remember or admit, I can say that not feeding a troll is the surest way to get it to go away.

• I don't remember ever wanting to mute anyone but, if I did, there's scrolling. It's a finer-tuned ignoring. Wouldn't threads lose their continuity with people responding to stuff you don't see?

• edited September 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    @lovadamusic What is scrolling?

Moving text (the screen) up or down with the scroll wheel on a mouse, the scroll bar on the right, gestures on a track pad, etc... :)

• edited September 2018

I agree with the "don't feed the troll" thing but sometimes folk need to be called out. I think that's what living amongst the humans gets you. Correction. No one better to call each other out than our fellow forum brethren sistren.

I do appreciate ability to contact the mod if necessary and haven't felt the need yet.

Usually I try to take a path of least resistence, doesn't always work.

• I think Michael does a great and generous job and this place is still terrific overall. We're going to miss it when it's gone.* @Samu agreed. 95% of internet sanity (and decency) is not feeding the troll...

*Now THAT's how you spin the (rumor) towel!

• Thanks @lovadamusic. I thought it was something esoteric. Like bumping. Can I combine scrolling and trolling into strolling?

• We all have our off days/weeks (even me!!), and some of the members I’ve had a tousle with in the past, are now favourites of mine.

I just try and avoid the controversial looking threads as that’s where the trouble lies.

I wouldn’t mute, even the trolls come up with a bit of useful info now and then.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I think Michael does a great and generous job and this place is still terrific overall. We're going to miss it when it's gone.*

There’s always an exception to the rule though...

• @MonzoPro said:
    We all have our off days/weeks (even me!!), and some of the members I’ve had a tousle with in the past, are now favourites of mine.

I just try and avoid the controversial looking threads as that’s where the trouble lies.

I wouldn’t mute, even the trolls come up with a bit of useful info now and then.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I think Michael does a great and generous job and this place is still terrific overall. We're going to miss it when it's gone.*

I’d kick that Johnny out for giving me a AB Forum gone heart attack ! ;)

• Eventually we all will get muted ......I’m in a profound mood right now please just ignore me😁

• @Arpseechord said:
    Eventually we all will get muted ......I’m in a profound mood right now please just ignore me😁

You’ve made me laugh too many times, so will have to kick you out! :D

• I personally want to hear and see everyone else's posts.

If they "upset" my fragile little psyche so much, I probably need to look at myself more than worry about people on the internet I am willingly being part of a community with. I am the person who is being upset by virtual strangers.

If so many "members" cause me distress or I need to pass judgement upon.......as in they are not appropriate or somehow rude to my taste, I need to look at myself at that moment.

Who am I to judge?

But, as an adult male and US citizen who has many many many life experiences living in the largest cities in the nation, I think all opinions are great and welcome.

I don't throw in the towel on someone for being stupid, ignorant, addicted, convicted, or otherwise less than popular with many others. Did I mention offensive?

Some of the most profound knowledge I have gained has been from people I personally despise and disagree with on most everything.

I think being open minded and tolerant is such a fake set of principles in society these days.

Funny true Liberalism from the 60's was based upon, I may disagree with you, but, I am willing to fight to the death for you to have the right to say it.

These days, folks only want to be tolerant with their beliefs and like minded people. Same opinions as them or talking just like they do. Lame. Small minded.

So often, people these days want to deem others as somehow needed to be blocked, banned, fined, imprisoned, and eventually put in ovens as history has shown.

I am all about freedom and tolerance.

TRUE FREEDOM AND TRUE TOLERANCE.

Ok.

Cool.

Good talk.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Eventually we all will get muted ......I’m in a profound mood right now please just ignore me😁

You’ve made me laugh too many times, so will have to kick you out! :D

Too much of a good thing is....even gooder!

• Maybe I haven’t been keeping up enough but everyone has been pretty good recently from what I can tell. Some odd requests and misplaced energy here and there, but I feel like there aren’t any real trolls anymore. Still feels like the best place to be imo.

• Yeah I thought it was quite calm here lately as well.

• Yeah, I can't immediately conjure up a list of "toxic" users so that seems like a good sign...

• @MonzoPro said:
    We all have our off days/weeks (even me!!), and some of the members I’ve had a tousle with in the past, are now favourites of mine.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I’d kick that Johnny out for giving me a AB Forum gone heart attack ! ;)

• Your GIF archive must be massive :D

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I kinda wish Michael had seen this thread right after ^ this one was posted and simply closed the thread. :lol: :trollface:

I avoid the click bait named threads entirely. Seems to work. I really like this take from @DCJ: "misplaced energy here and there". Certainly been me, here and there.