Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB2

2»

Comments

• Thanks @Sebastian good to know looking into it. :-)

• edited April 2014

+1 for killing apps when not used with audiobus any longer

Situation is this

U have a synth on one line and maybe a drum thing on an other line.
    Then u spice it up with fx.
    Well u try this and that fx and then another until u found something that fits the mood.
    This means there is lot of stuff still open unused - what a mess.
    Then i have to go through all the open apps and kill the ones unused and if I'm clumsy I kill some app that I'm using.

Yes i can deal with that, but I am lazy
    and I guess this is very confusing if u dont know what u r doing.
    I am always on the edge of what the a7 can do - so i dont want any unused stuff to be open.

• This needs a big warning in the manual
    You say nothing about this
    All you tell users is how to open 100 of apps, but u dont say hey u can open apps with audiobus, but u cant close them with audiobus.
    Documentation is weak, all u say in the faq is how to close apps.

• edited April 2014

The longer I think about it

i want to be able to kill apps with the eject button

i want to quit all apps used with audiobus when audibus is closed

• Hey everyone. Is there a way of recording the overall output while using 3 plus pipelines? Or could there be a slot added that records anything and everything happens within the output. Sorry if there is a simple solution, I could not find it.

• Record into 3 tracks at the same time (in Cubasis for example) and then mixdown to a single track. Don't know if BM2 does this though @supadom

• edited April 2014

Hi @Thinds I'm not using bm2 as it doesn't seem to work. It does with mtdaw but somehow the live input doesn't record. Here's my setup.
    I want to record my live jams but mt daw only records impaktor on one track and loopy on other but my live input gets ignored.

• Not sure there, never use a live input but it should work eh? It's just another input after all.

• It's strange. I've just tried it with bm 2 and it is happy to rec impaktor and loopy but somehow only gives me an option to have channel 1 but not ch 2 to rec on track 3 which is not the one I want (I'm using behringer uca 202 on my portable rig). Somehow impaktor defaults to ch 1 input so I'm stuffed because I can't switch them around. I'm really after the out from ampkit but I can't run more then one instance of it. Ah well. The solution is out there I just need to find it ;)

• Ok, bm2 sort of does the trick but will only record the dry input which I'll need to run through ampkit in post processing and just guess what amp/fx setup I've been using where. Sucks a bit but hey could have been worse.

• edited April 2014

Nope, I was wrong. The live input will record via loopy hd if headphone monitoring is enabled. Nice

• edited April 2014

It would be cool if I could copy line 1 from project 1 and line 2 from project 2 into a new project 3 ...

• edited April 2014

Mute, level and panning in the ab2 sidebar for all apps in the input slot

Its a PITA to adjust that with hopping through all the apps!

• I really miss midi controllable bypass and mix out slot for recording the whole performance as a stereo mix.

• edited April 2014

Hell yes

An option to record the overall output

• And coffee, definitely coffee....

• edited April 2014

Nah, tea

Tea my dear

Sdk isnt out yet, so make a wish now, before its to late ;)

• midi clock sync that works across all apps on the bus

• Has there been any movement/developer community discussion on the self-kill thing? Would be handy for sure.

With presets though, I think I'd prefer 'Open All', if I had to choose. :) Close all is a double tap on the home button and a quick few swipes. Open all is tap, switch, wait, switch back, tap, switch... I'd like to press 'open all' and have AB call whatever it calls on tap automatically and sequentially for anything not currently awake.