Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Desktop: Komplete 12 is coming & Traktor S2 mk3 gets iOS port

Lots of goodies included along with Massive X. I’m on version 7 so insta buy for me. Traktor controllers are getting an upgrade aswell. The S2 mk3 controller has a iOS port so I’m guessing Traktor Dj is getting love.

Comments

• That controller is sexy.

• Can’t see much reason to update from 11, plus I’m skint anyway. Komplete is a wonderful thing though, even better via the Maschine controllers.

• edited September 2018

Do you use maschine mk3? Lol auto correct changed maschine to mescaline before I changed it. I’m on Komplete 7 so the upgrade looks tasty. May go with ultimate.

• I use the MK3 and like it alot. It would be great if they could get the mk3 to work on iOS with its audio inputs and come with some serious apps. That! would be Kompletely awesome.
    I also use the S61 MK1 which works quite well on iOS.
    At this point I've grown board of the Komplete line and will have to be very impressed with Mass X to upgrade.

• @Approach said:
    Do you use maschine mk3? Lol auto correct changed maschine to mescaline before I changed it. I’m on Komplete 7 so the upgrade looks tasty. May go with ultimate.

I’ve had a second hand Mk3 for a week or so, swapped it for some other kit I wasn’t using.

Absolutely love it, it’s a great controller, really opened up a lot of new options for music making.

• I've been tracking this for some time, as I've been wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade from Ultimate 11 to 12. So far, my answer is no. I've put in the list prices of the libraries to give some indication of what you would save, but of course most of the separate instruments will go on sale on Black Friday. I doubt Kompleete will, though.

New from Komplete 11 to Komplete 12

Kontakt 6, including 3 new instruments
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=eetUfc_7708

Massive X
    Session Strings 2 $99
    Native Instruments Discovery Series: Middle East $99
    Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass $99
    TRK-01 (Reaktor) $99
    Modpack Effects Series: Choral, Phasis, Flair $69
    10 Expansions and Battery Kits (plus Massive and Monark presets)
    Deep Matter, Elastic Thump, Halycon Sky, London Grit, Lucid Mission, Molten Veil, Neon Drive, Queensbridge Story, True School, Velvet Lounge $49 each
    Massive Expansions Stadium Flex, Nocturnal State, and Spectrum Quake $59

New from Komplete Ultimate 11 to Komplete Ultimate 12

Kontakt 6
    Massive X
    Thrill $299
    Session Strings Pro 2 $299 (update $149)
    Symphony Essentials Percussion $99
    Session Guitarist: Strummed Acoustic 2 $99
    Session Guitarist: Electric Sunburst $99
    TRK-01 (Reaktor) $99
    Kinetic Toys $99
    Crushpack Effects Series: Bite, Dirt, Freak $69
    20 Expansions & Battery Kits (plus presets for Massive, Monark, Prism, etc.)
    Astral Flutter, Byte Riot, Caribbean Current, Cavern Floor, Decoded Forms, Deep Matter, Drop Squad, Elastic Thump, Golden Kingdom, Halycon Sky, Lazer Dice, London Grit, Lucid Mission, Marble Rims, Molten Veil, Neon Drive, Platinum Bounce, Queensbridge Story, True School, Velvet Lounge $49 each
    Massive Expansions: Stadium Flex, Nocturnal State, and Spectrum Quake $59

Then there's the "Collector's Edition," which gives you the full Symphony Series Collection for $200 more.

You may all know this (it was announced in February) but I just found out that the expansions are no longer "Maschine expansions" that only play in Maschine. They are now just "expansions." Apparently the Maschine MIDI loops in the construction kits have been converted to Wav files. So, for example, "Amplified Funk" (not in the Ultimates) was originally 211 MB and the new version is over 2 GB. So if you decide to download them, expect that all these expansions will take up some space in your hard drive.

Personally I'm waiting until Summer 2019 for the half price sale.

The new A-Series Kontrollers aren't Generation 3, but rather a kind of budget version. Scaled back in features, but much cheaper.

I have done a page of this stuff with links to everything, but the links didn't copy over to here for some reason.

• @Reid said:
    I've been tracking this for some time, as I've been wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade from Ultimate 11 to 12. So far, my answer is no. I've put in the list prices of the libraries to give some indication of what you would save, but of course most of the separate instruments will go on sale on Black Friday. I doubt Kompleete will, though.

New from Komplete 11 to Komplete 12

Kontakt 6, including 3 new instruments
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=eetUfc_7708

Massive X
    Session Strings 2 $99
    Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass $99
    TRK-01 (Reaktor) $99
    10 Expansions and Battery Kits (plus Massive and Monark presets)
    Deep Matter, Elastic Thump, Halycon Sky, London Grit, Lucid Mission, Molten Veil, Neon Drive, Queensbridge Story, True School, Velvet Lounge $49 each
    Massive Expansions Stadium Flex, Nocturnal State, and Spectrum Quake $59

New from Komplete Ultimate 11 to Komplete Ultimate 12

Kontakt 6
    Massive X
    Thrill $299
    Session Strings Pro 2 $299 (update $149)
    Symphony Essentials Percussion $99
    Session Guitarist: Strummed Acoustic 2 $99
    Session Guitarist: Electric Sunburst $99
    TRK-01 (Reaktor) $99
    Kinetic Toys $99
    Crushpack Effects Series: Bite, Dirt, Freak $69
    20 Expansions & Battery Kits (plus presets for Massive, Monark, Prism, etc.)
    Astral Flutter, Byte Riot, Caribbean Current, Cavern Floor, Decoded Forms, Deep Matter, Drop Squad, Elastic Thump, Golden Kingdom, Halycon Sky, Lazer Dice, London Grit, Lucid Mission, Marble Rims, Molten Veil, Neon Drive, Platinum Bounce, Queensbridge Story, True School, Velvet Lounge $49 each
    Massive Expansions: Stadium Flex, Nocturnal State, and Spectrum Quake $59

Then there's the "Collector's Edition," which gives you the full Symphony Series Collection for $200 more.

You may all know this (it was announced in February) but I just found out that the expansions are no longer "Maschine expansions" that only play in Maschine. They are now just "expansions." Apparently the Maschine MIDI loops in the construction kits have been converted to Wav files. So, for example, "Amplified Funk" (not in the Ultimates) was originally 211 MB and the new version is over 2 GB. So if you decide to download them, expect that all these expansions will take up some space in your hard drive.

Personally I'm waiting until Summer 2019 for the half price sale.

The new A-Series Kontrollers aren't Generation 3, but rather a kind of budget version. Scaled back in features, but much cheaper.

I have done a page of this stuff with links to everything, but the links didn't copy over to here for some reason.

Great info there, thank you.

I’ve got the standard version of 11, depending how much the upgrade to 12 is, looks like it’ll be a pretty good deal.

I don’t have a budget for this now, but definitely worth checking out in the next sales.

• Massiv X looks great but Kontakt 6 still has that 90´s GUI.....meh´
    Maybe i will upgrade from Komplete 11 but not sure yet. I think i wait for the next 50% off update price and get it for €99 then.

• No scaleable UI?....I will stay on 11 :)

• Nice update to the Maschine Mikro:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-mikro/

Lower price, nice looking design, and the obligatory awful demonstration video (seriously, might want to mute your speakers):

• @Cib said:
    Massiv X looks great but Kontakt 6 still has that 90´s GUI.....meh´
    Maybe i will upgrade from Komplete 11 but not sure yet. I think i wait for the next 50% off update price and get it for €99

Oh ya always wait for the sale. Or like me I’ll think maybe I can hold off one more year. Next thing you know I’m going from Reason 4 to 10 and it’s the most awesome thing ever! Man it’s fun being into tech and music these days.

• @Approach said:

@Cib said:
    Massiv X looks great but Kontakt 6 still has that 90´s GUI.....meh´
    Maybe i will upgrade from Komplete 11 but not sure yet. I think i wait for the next 50% off update price and get it for €99

Oh ya always wait for the sale. Or like me I’ll think maybe I can hold off one more year. Next thing you know I’m going from Reason 4 to 10 and it’s the most awesome thing ever! Man it’s fun being into tech and music these days.

Me too - I went from an unused Reason 3 to 10 earlier in the year. Completely blown away by it, particularly when hosting the Komplete VST’s.

• @Approach
    Could you move the thread to off-topic and edit the title including “desktop” ?
    For a moment I though it was coming on iOS :)

• edited September 2018

the new controller keyboards look yummy and very affordable, I might get me the 49er

.. and they come with a whole bunch of sounds and instruments (Monark, Scarbee, Gentleman .. which I already have, but might be of interest for some)

• @cabo said:
    the new controller keyboards look yummy and very affordable, I might get me the 49er

.. and they come with a whole bunch of sounds and instruments (Monark, Scarbee, Gentleman .. which I already have, but might be of interest for some)

They do look good.

• edited September 2018

@Korakios said:
    @Approach
    Could you move the thread to off-topic and edit the title including “desktop” ?
    For a moment I though it was coming on iOS :)

Sure if I can figure out how lol. Years and years of lurking has left me ill equipped on forum operation.