Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a low footprint EQ (ideally AU)

2»

Comments

• @supadom Man, Thank You for all the details of your latency quest. Really awesome. B)

• Anyone know if klevr will update the gotoeq to universal? I realized it too late it’s only iPad. On the go I need an other goto eq then :-/

• @AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:
    Man....silQ, zmors, Fab filter, gotoeq....o only have aufx and can't decide what to get now.... Uh to hard to decide...fabfilter is a bit pricy but if it kills em all...it's worth it

It is so worth it.

the one eq to use at all times??
    that sliq looks nasty too!

• @reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:
    Man....silQ, zmors, Fab filter, gotoeq....o only have aufx and can't decide what to get now.... Uh to hard to decide...fabfilter is a bit pricy but if it kills em all...it's worth it

It is so worth it.

the one eq to use at all times??
    that sliq looks nasty too!

Yes, ProQ2 is all I will ever use. It is so good and efficient. Stunning.

• @99476598326 said:
    @david_2017 yep, straightforward and sounds great. not the precision of proQ2 but its a smaller footprint.

this is actually false. ProQ2 uses less cpu than gotoeq. sorry about that.

• edited September 2018

I also use Loopy and Audiobus in live situations, and find DDMF 6144 do be very good concerning latency. I also use DDMF NYCompressor which has manageable latency with my sax. Since AB has improved so much lately, I also don’t use AUM that much anymore for those live applications (I use it mostly when I need to record AB/loopy live session with good audio quality). Latency compensation is an issue on iOS for sure.

• @99476598326 said:

@99476598326 said:
    @david_2017 yep, straightforward and sounds great. not the precision of proQ2 but its a smaller footprint.

I might just stream myself to pro q 2 at some point rather than buying several lesser things. Do those fab filters ever go on sale?

• @supadom said:

@99476598326 said:

@99476598326 said:

I might just stream myself to pro q 2 at some point rather than buying several lesser things. Do those fab filters ever go on sale?

unlikely.

• Actually, yes, the Auria FabFilter plug-ins go on sale at some point every year. I would imagine FabFilter might do the same for the AU versions.

But really, what’s $10 savings when you can have 3 -5 months of using what you need rather than waiting around for it to go on sale? I would just get it. Pro-Q 2 is a beautiful app, feels luxurious to play with, and of course sounds amazing.

• @Hmtx said:
    Actually, yes, the Auria FabFilter plug-ins go on sale at some point every year. I would imagine FabFilter might do the same for the AU versions.

But really, what’s $10 savings when you can have 3 -5 months of using what you need rather than waiting around for it to go on sale? I would just get it. Pro-Q 2 is a beautiful app, feels luxurious to play with, and of course sounds amazing.

True that

• Having said that, at this point in time I'm using the blue Mangoo Eq with no issues. It's not as flash but serves the purpose so it's not like I'm actively waiting for the sale ;)

• edited September 2018

I hear ya, no pressure. I got the Blue Mangoo too, definitely a great EQ.

I’m just saying, for me, Pro-Q 2 is one of those apps that you get and realize the only regret is not getting it sooner. :lol:

• @99476598326 said:

@99476598326 said:

How much less exactly? How did you determine that?
    We are talking about the AU and not the native Auria version correct?

• @99476598326 said:

@99476598326 said:

• Looks like AB3 just got a ProQ2 update and it is working great now at super low latency.

• @AudioGus said:

@supadom said:

@AudioGus said:

@supadom said:

@AudioGus said:
    I am in awe of ProQ2

Low footprint. I’m in awe of AUMs built in thingy :)

Hmmm

It is for live use so it doesn’t have to be anything too posh.

Weird. i can use ProQ2 in BM3 at 128 latency but AB3 requires 1024.

Whats with that?

It actually is amazingly efficient to me.

Depends on the order of which is opened I thought?

I would imagine steps opening each of those set ups vary, naturally, since they are different apps.

But, I mean any other apps opened also.

Total speculation on my part.

• _ki_ki
    edited September 2018

@Xsyst said:

I don‘t have the GotoEQ, but i benchmarked ProQ native/AU versus other graphics EQs
    and also cpu performance of Native vs AU plugins

FabFilters ProQ2 AU was the eq with the lowest cpu, lowest memory footprint and biggest featurelist.
    On my iPad Pro the 100% cpu will be reached at approx 350-400 instances in Auria Pro. With IOS 12 the „total AU memory limit“ was raised, i did not try (yet :) ) but expect at least 100 stable ProQ2 AU instances (as i got stable 77 with IOS 11 and can load more AU synth-instances as before).