Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist Update & 20% Discount

Hi there guys,
I've took the time this week to add support for Bluetooth Speakers & Headphones and to update the AudioBus SDK.
The update is pending Apple's review so it should be out pretty soon-ish :)

Meanwhile, enjoy a 20% celebration discount until Monday :)

PS: Some work has undergone towards the step sequencer, and also things look promising on AudioKit land in terms of AUv3. I'm waiting to see their solution and how I can implement it into Samplist.

Thank you so much for all your support and I hope you enjoy Samplist.

Comments

• edited September 2018

@alecsbuga
    Hi Alecs, where can I find a manual pdf of Samplist?

• Hey, I don't have a PDF manual since it's all in the screen. No hidden stuff.
    But here's a Youtube video

• I haven't wrote a manual because I kept changing / adding features. I might as well do it now since it's stable.

• Always good seeing apps being update. Thanks :)

• edited September 2018

When I want to trigger slices from an iOS sequencer... how does that work?

Every slice is probably triggered by a midi note.. but how can I play a melody with slice #5 only? And trigger the other slices at their root note?
    Do I have to assign slice #5 to another midi channel so I can play it with my keyboard?

• @SlowwFloww said:
    When I want to trigger slices from a iOS sequencer... how does that work?

Every slice is probably triggered by a midi note.. but how can I play a melody with slice #5 only? And trigger the other slice at their root note?
    Do I have to assign slice #5 to another midi channel so I can play it with my keyboard?

At the moment you can trigger each slice via midi notes. Or if you're in chromatic mode you can trigger that particular slice in chromatic mode. I have this feature on my list. It has already been requested. Thanks for the feedback.

• So the update is live everyone. Enjoy!

• @alecsbuga I’ve been playing with using Samplist with Xequence. Works fine with MF Adapter, but are there any plans of making Samplist AB midi capable to help streamline things?

• Hey there,

Just looking into this app, and it looks great. I do have one question though, are there plans to have the app function as an AU3 instrument? I have been having a lot of bad experiences with IAA apps crash and loosing my work, so am looking for apps that also offer Au3 capabilities as well as AudioBus3.

• @fotizimo said:
    Hey there,

Just looking into this app, and it looks great. I do have one question though, are there plans to have the app function as an AU3 instrument? I have been having a lot of bad experiences with IAA apps crash and loosing my work, so am looking for apps that also offer Au3 capabilities as well as AudioBus3.

There are plans. But it's not that easy.

• @alecsbuga said:
    I haven't wrote a manual because I kept changing / adding features. I might as well do it now since it's stable.

@alecsbuga : Please do, by all means!!

• Hi @alecsbuga - nice to know Samplist is still in development. Little UI glitch to report. On my 10.5 the slice delete icon is partial covered by the tabbed menu headers so difficult to select.
    And a couple of feature requests, please:
    I wish Add Slice added a slice of the same size as the one before it. That way you can measure a loop for your first slice and then Add Slice will automatically be sized for the loops you want from that sample.
    I would like the option to tap a slice once and it just loops while I edit it. Is that possible?

Thanks again

• @gusgranite said:
    Hi @alecsbuga - nice to know Samplist is still in development. Little UI glitch to report. On my 10.5 the slice delete icon is partial covered by the tabbed menu headers so difficult to select.

Yeah, I'm thinking of putting the trash button on the slice itself and make it red or something while it's in delete mode. I've had this problem myself and a couple of users also reported it.

And a couple of feature requests, please:
    I wish Add Slice added a slice of the same size as the one before it. That way you can measure a loop for your first slice and then Add Slice will automatically be sized for the loops you want from that sample.

That's a good idea. Thanks.

I would like the option to tap a slice once and it just loops while I edit it. Is that possible?

As it is right now no. Because adding a slice creates separate wav files in a cache folder which are then loaded into the sampler. I'm working on another slicer engine which uses audio buffers and it will allow me to do more, including looping, crossfading. But it takes longer than expected.

Thanks again

Glad you like Samplist. Thanks for the support!

• Hey @alexbuga just rediscovered this app. Did you ever have plans for it to go auv3? It’s really good and the interface is so much better than reslice (not to mention the timestretching!)

It’d be complete for me with auv3 and the ability to reverse a slice.

• Oh and can you change the pitch of a slice? I know you can stretch or play it chromatically but can you change the pitch before export?

• It wasn't the smartest move to revive an old thread that indicates the app has a 20 % discount in the title. In general, too many old threads get pulled back in on this forum.

• edited December 2019

@bleep said:
    It wasn't the smartest move to revive an old thread that indicates the app has a 20 % discount in the title. In general, too many old threads get pulled back in on this forum.

Oh sorry my bad. Found this from a search.

It annoys me when other people do it so I should know better really 😊

• I just bought this thinking it was 20% discount and updated. :(

• Yeah this is a general problem on the forum... doesn't the forum software offer some kind of easy peasy "Necro Thread Lock" plug-in?

• …or, an easy peasy way for the thread originator to edit titles after a timely event has passed?
    …or, an easier easier indoctrination so that people plain and simply don’t post threads with temporally-ambiguous titles that will get stale. Don’t choose a title that becomes stupid later, choose a sensible title that can age properly.

• @u0421793 said:
    …or, an easy peasy way for the thread originator to edit titles after a timely event has passed?
    …or, an easier easier indoctrination so that people plain and simply don’t post threads with temporally-ambiguous titles that will get stale. Don’t choose a title that becomes stupid later, choose a sensible title that can age properly.

Pretty much the advice my mother-in-law gave her daughter.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@u0421793 said:
    …or, an easy peasy way for the thread originator to edit titles after a timely event has passed?

I imagine there were a few more "furthermores" involved. Speaking from experience, of course.

• @u0421793 said:

I think that would be the best option.

I prefer threads with a long history about the same subject over creating a new thread for every tiny difference.
    We would get a lot more posts about the same subject cluttered over different threads.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@u0421793 said:

Was this tattoo-related?

• @u0421793 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@u0421793 said:

Was this tattoo-related?

No, I'm sorry, we don't allow them.

• If a thread gets resurrected for an unrelated reply, the issue isn't the thread title.

• Any news about au3?

• @Turok said:
    Any news about au3?

+1

• @Turok said:
    Any news about au3?

There has been no news from the dev in ages. It would not surprise me if he has stopped developing it.

• I nearly bought this again. :D