Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LaunchPad App: WTF?

Is anyone else having issues with this app?

From locking up in AUM......to the point it.......Launchpad App....

used to be on channel 1 (albeit secret handshake system) but now seems to grab more cc of other channels causing issues.

Then the dreaded Groovebox failure to properly respond to MIDI cc and use Launchpad at same time.

Often leaving some if not all midi and launchpad pro control of Launchpad "odd".

Overall, my Novation apps are not doing what they are supposed to when it comes to using NOVATION CONTROLLERS!

I mean, if you can't get your own apps to work with your controllers......WTF.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE SECRET AGENT SHIT AND LOOSE THE SECRET HANDSHAKE SO WE CAN PROPERLY IMPLEMENT NOVATION APPS AND USE THEM LIKE OTHER REAL APPS FROM COMPANIES AND DEVELOPERS PLEASE?

Rant concluded.

Comments

• Keep dreaming... menanwhile did you see our latest soundpacks and pro features?

Ironic mode: off
    :trollface:

• All @AmpifyxNovation seeems to be concerned about is Sound Packs

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Weird, as if admit like 3 years ago it was not okay, they have really improved their apps since then...

• @crony said:
    Weird, as if admit like 3 years ago it was not okay, they have really improved their apps since then...

Yes they added crackle fx for free
    :trollface:

• Unfair, they use too, but they removed this feature quite a long time ago ! ;)
    Seriously, Launchpad app works really good for me now...

• @RUST( i )K they just care about you buying their sound packs man. Nothing else.

• @crony said:
    Unfair, they use too, but they removed this feature quite a long time ago ! ;)
    Seriously, Launchpad app works really good for me now...

I will try again but I can’t trust them or iOS for live gigging (mini4 for anyone interested)

• Ok let’s say I disagree, and it’s unfair...

True they have a « sound pack » business model, but now, even limited on some functions, it does the job well.(no crackles, load samples fast...)

I use it as a free sample launcher, with my samples, and it’s rock solid for me for a year at least.
    It will never be a midi controllable sampler, which is too bad, but there’s other apps for that...

• @Dubbylabby works perfect here...iPad Pro 12, 2015
    But I don’t overload it either and I’m super careful with midi leaks...

• @crony said:
    Ok let’s say I disagree, and it’s unfair...

True they have a « sound pack » business model, but now, even limited on some functions, it does the job well.(no crackles, load samples fast...)

I use it as a free sample launcher, with my samples, and it’s rock solid for me for a year at least.
    It will never be a midi controllable sampler, which is too bad, but there’s other apps for that...

You can disagree... but fair or unfair is just an opinion :wink:
    I can say it’s unfair to priorize sample packs over bugfixing and that was my experience. That made me sold all my novation gear too... any response from them when I tried to reach them over all the channels (mail includded of course) etc.

I have a mini4 and over these time garageband worked flawless so I need to try again to be sure about how performs nowadays... but since I kept my devices from updating (apple sometimes forces my devices over night) to keep also itrack dock compatibility (very huge fan of them as you can see and find in the forums before the cracklefest) it was just the end for me.
    Tomorrow I’m going to buy an old macbook pro 2011 for varous reasons being Ableton 9 one of them so go figure...

• @Dubbylabby to me all these problems are gone, it will be even better with iOS 12...just my opinion indeed...😊
    I also bought a « real » sound card recently, that makes a huge difference in term of stability...
    I’m also organising all midi flows in a « military » mode...

• @crony said:
    @Dubbylabby to me all these problems are gone, it will be even better with iOS 12...just my opinion indeed...😊
    I also bought a « real » sound card recently, that makes a huge difference in term of stability...

Well my professional soundcard is itrack dock so if they can’t maintain the stability in house... xP
    ITOH even my 5s/mini4 support iOS12 I’m not so much confident about performance and compatibility. I will need to read some other users experience before jump.

• Look...over there...I think I saw an AU... nothing else matters

• @Dubbylabby said:

@crony said:
    @Dubbylabby to me all these problems are gone, it will be even better with iOS 12...just my opinion indeed...😊

Well my professional soundcard is itrack dock so if they can’t maintain the stability in house... xP
    ITOH even my 5s/mini4 support iOS12 I’m not so much confident about performance and compatibility. I will need to read some other users experience before jump.

I am just sort of in awe of the tone deaf nature of companies like PropelHead, Novation, and Korg.

Thank God for indie developers.

They have NO regard for anything an active online community want.

HOW IN THE PHUCK CAN YOU BE A COMPANY THAT MAKES MIDI HARDWARE YET THE YOUR MAJORITY OF YOUR APPS CAN'T EVEN ADEQUATELY USE IT PROPERLY?

NOVATION AND PROPELHEAD, I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU AWESOME TRENDY FLY ONLINE COMMERCIAL AND GIMMICK RUNNING JUNK PIMPS.......................

DO ANY OF YOUR MAJOR PRODUCTS EITHER SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT CONTAIN SYNTHS FAIL TO HAVE A SAVE PRESET FEATURE?

So why insult us to keep nickel and diming us for the same sounds with slightly different effects with these IAPs? LAME

AND THE CORNY "VIDEO SERIES" where you keep showing the same products being used and hype it like a TED TALK IS ALSO LAME.

Thank God for ReMix live on the laptop, that works great!

Full midi compatibility.

I don't know.

I really don't.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@crony said:

I am just sort of in awe of the tone deaf nature of companies like PropelHead, Novation, and Korg.

HOW IN THE PHUCK CAN YOU BE A COMPANY THAT MAKES MIDI HARDWARE YET THE YOUR MAJORITY OF YOUR APPS CAN'T EVEN ADEQUATELY USE IT PROPERLY?

NOVATION AND PROPELHEAD, I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU AWESOME TRENDY FLY ONLINE COMMERCIAL AND GIMMICK RUNNING JUNK PIMPS.......................

DO ANY OF YOUR MAJOR PRODUCTS EITHER SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT CONTAIN SYNTHS FAIL TO HAVE A SAVE PRESET FEATURE?

So why insult us to keep nickel and diming us for the same sounds with slightly different effects with these IAPs? LAME

AND THE CORNY "VIDEO SERIES" where you keep showing the same products being used and hype it like a TED TALK IS ALSO LAME.

Full midi compatibility.

I don't know.

I really don't.

Standalone hardware. @kobamoto are you with me?

• Look baby pain, we are not alone,,, oh joy

• @Dubbylabby said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@crony said:

Full midi compatibility.

I don't know.

I really don't.

Standalone hardware. @kobamoto are you with me?

@kobamoto said:
    Look baby pain, we are not alone,,, oh joy

Some days this silly shit just hits a nerve with me.....LOL

At least the CIRCUIT IS STILL AWESOME!

• I still haven’t forgiven them for not updating the Launchkey app, so it worked with the new Launchkey (mk2) keyboard I bought. Then they removed it. Or making Blocs work with the Launchkey pads. Etc.

Then again Roland abandoned the Edirol MIDI keyboard I bought before the Launchkey, so the drivers don’t work with any OS in the last ten years. Etc.

A big thumbs up for NI though - my 8 year old Maschine Mikro is still supported by the latest version of their software, so there are some decent companies out there.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I still haven’t forgiven them for not updating the Launchkey app, so it worked with the new Launchkey (mk2) keyboard I bought. Then they removed it. Or making Blocs work with the Launchkey pads. Etc.

Then again Roland abandoned the Edirol MIDI keyboard I bought before the Launchkey, so the drivers don’t work with any OS in the last ten years. Etc.

A big thumbs up for NI though - my 8 year old Maschine Mikro is still supported by the latest version of their software, so there are some decent companies out there.

@MonzoPro said:
    I still haven’t forgiven them for not updating the Launchkey app, so it worked with the new Launchkey (mk2) keyboard I bought. Then they removed it. Or making Blocs work with the Launchkey pads. Etc.

Sad

I love products but the corporate policy is destructive to Novation origins in music making.

Shame.

I am on fence of what hardware to go with.

Maybe just save for the big Elektron.

• @RUST( i )K I think you need to try to contact them on Twitter as it doesn’t look like they want to be s part of this forum.

• @djjuniorpops said:
    All @AmpifyxNovation seeems to be concerned about is Sound Packs

I totally disagree with you. They’ve done at least two dozen updates in just the last year! I wish they sold more content quite frankly because it sure isn’t slowing them down from updating their products.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@crony said:

Full midi compatibility.

I don't know.

I really don't.

Try to see the bright side. Notation and Korg’s products work incredibly well for most of us. If they’re not up to your professional standards, you have to admit they are at least providing incredible value for the price.

• edited September 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MonzoPro said:

Sad

I love products but the corporate policy is destructive to Novation origins in music making.

Shame.

I am on fence of what hardware to go with.

Maybe just save for the big Elektron.

The Maschine MK3 is a great controller, and the Maschine/Komplete software very good value. I’d buy their stuff again in a heartbeat. The MK3 also includes an audio interface, which means I don’t have to use my crappy PC onboard sound.

• I'm actually pretty happy having switched to a push2 + Ableton + 16 channels of audio from iPad in Aum via the Ica4+.