Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Can remember a very similar app that did exactly the same and more. Can't remember it's name though, what I do remember that it was very colorful and looked very abstract in the minimal sense.

• Edjing, Mixfader, Djay, DJPP ?
    They all allow on screen scratching, Mixfader is designed specifically for that, I suspect this is some thing different, notice the ipad controlling a second device.

• edited September 2018

Joshua Hodge is quite a remarkable fellow.

You can learn more about his secret ScratchEZ app in our interview:

You will probably enjoy the entire interview.

However, if you want to skip right to the talk of his apps, they're about 28:38 in.

• @Turntablist said:
    Edjing, Mixfader, Djay, DJPP ?
    They all allow on screen scratching, Mixfader is designed specifically for that, I suspect this is some thing different, notice the ipad controlling a second device.

No the apps you mentioned are dj apps. The scratch app I meant is at least 5 years old or older and was specific aimed at scratching as far as I recall you you set a specific rpm speed on the loaded mp3 to simulate te speed of the scratch. I will do another search. Later

• edited September 2018

@Turntablist said:
    Edjing, Mixfader, Djay, DJPP ?

Got it app is called "tonetable" comments are for 2011, so really an oldie. There's a lot of YT movies around. Works amongst others with serato and vdj
    still available here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tonetable/id322367764?mt=8

example movie here

• edited September 2018

@audiblevideo said:
    This one?

Nope, see the post above the app was called Tonetable and is as I just found out from 2009, nearly 10 years old. Was made for the first iPad. Seems to be updated last year to 64bits so is futureproof again. Works together with most pro dj software. See movie above.
    btw scratch disc app you posted seems also a lot of fun :)

Here's an instruction video from 2010

• edited September 2018

Something I haven't seen in a while is being able to record and post edit your scratches. I recorded some videos a million years ago using fl-studio showing how it works there. It was a painfully long multi-part tutorial showing setting up fl-scratcher, controllers, general techniques etc, this final chapter is just recording a scratch and editing it:

If someone were to come along and replicate/simplify this workflow for iOS, that'd be fun on a bun. AUM/Audiobus/general midi support, mmmm.

Bonus points for direct support for timecoded vinyl ala djpro and eDJ. Running scratches via a mini dj turntable, mini fader, iphone is super fun:

https://portablist.com/

• @analog_matt said:
    Joshua Hodge is quite a remarkable fellow.

You can learn more about his secret ScratchEZ app in our interview:

You will probably enjoy the entire interview.

However, if you want to skip right to the talk of his apps, they're about 28:38 in.

Sounds like an amazing practice tool.