Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My AV postcard from Berlin's Atonal : iPad "jam"

Hey guys/gals...

Figured this would be an appropriate place to share this:

From the vid description:

This video is sort of an audiio/video postcard inspired by my trip to Germany/Berlin to attend the most-amazing Berlin Atonal Festival held at the truly inspiring Kraftwerk. It just kinda seemed more fitting/appropriate than a selfie or buying a t-shirt I guess.

Last night was the first night here with no festival so while sitting at my hotel I decided to use the only gear I have here, my iPad, to kinda channel a little of the magic/energy I got from Atonal.

It's just a jam that revolves around one set of percussion patterns using Brams XOX and Ruismaker FM, one repeating arpeggio-like sequence using Xynthesizr, a little live playing with Shoom. The rest is just a routing network of delay (Kosmonaut), reverb (Eos), and distortion (Grind), all hosted in AUM.

Yes, it's very repetitive, but that's the point. What sonic witchcraft can I summon from minimal, humble origins?

I'm pretty happy how I'm able to kind of ape quite a few of the different styles I heard last week, and transition to and from them, all in real time just by smearing a piece of glass in a hotel in Berlin. I doubt I'll get invited anytime soon, but for an adhoc jam on an iPad, I'm not complaining!

I'd love to hear how this sounds through a million watt system like they had here. Anyone here in Berlin with a Kappa or Function system want to play this for me while I'm here? 😀

I put the video together in Wizibel using pics I took of Kraftwerk, Tresor, etc.

This also is intended to provide testament that you're never too old to knock stuff like this off a bucket-list! It dawned on me my second night here that the Dr. Martin's I was wearing had been out clubbing longer than most the people at the festival (1996… original vintage baby😁)

Finally, eternal thanks to my amazing wife for encouraging/letting me travel to Berlin and do this. Love you! 😍

Comments