Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Volt Synth - crash on startup SOLVED

edited September 2018 in Support and Feedback

Hi all. This is a new one to me. When I launch the app as soon as I hit a key on the onscreen keyboard the app crashes. I deleted the app and reloaded from App Store. Thoughts @ka010 ?

Comments

• apologies, hard reboot fixed. I’ll learn to do that before posting, one of these days.

• You might want to change thread subject to include SOLVED

• Does anyone else get continuous stuck MIDI notes a couple minutes into playing? I'm just using a regular non-mpe MIDI keyboard, but that shouldn't really matter. I keep trying to go back to this because I really like some of the specific things it does, but it's heading for the trash soon as-is.

• @kinkujin said:
    Hi all. This is a new one to me. When I launch the app as soon as I hit a key on the onscreen keyboard the app crashes. I deleted the app and reloaded from App Store. Thoughts @ka010 ?

That is odd, not sure what happened there. If it happens again do let me know.

@oat_phipps said:
    Does anyone else get continuous stuck MIDI notes a couple minutes into playing? I'm just using a regular non-mpe MIDI keyboard, but that shouldn't really matter. I keep trying to go back to this because I really like some of the specific things it does, but it's heading for the trash soon as-is.

I'm not aware of any issues regarding hanging notes in the latest version. Can you check whether you've set it to "regular" or "MPE" MIDI in the settings? If it's MPE try setting it to regular. If it is regular and you're getting stuck notes let me know and I'll have a look.

• @ka010 said:

@kinkujin said:

Sure will and thanks!

• @ka010 said:

@kinkujin said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Does anyone else get continuous stuck MIDI notes a couple minutes into playing? I'm just using a regular non-mpe MIDI keyboard, but that shouldn't really matter. I keep trying to go back to this because I really like some of the specific things it does, but it's heading for the trash soon as-is.

I'm not aware of any issues regarding hanging notes in the latest version. Can you check whether you've set it to "regular" or "MPE" MIDI in the settings? If it's MPE try setting it to regular. If it is regular and you're getting stuck notes let me know and I'll have a look.

I did a little testing and it works just fine with my Arturia. I had been using a Minilogue for midi keys until I got the hanging notes thing happening with another synth today, not just Volt. So Volt isn't the problem. Thanks, though. Sorry for the user error

• @ka010 said:

@kinkujin said:

@oat_phipps said:

Hi @ka010

Please could you give the Volt iCloud folder write permissions so we can move presets into it. Right now this isn’t possible.

Thanks.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@ka010 said:

@kinkujin said:

@oat_phipps said:

Hi @ka010

Please could you give the Volt iCloud folder write permissions so we can move presets into it. Right now this isn’t possible.

Thanks.

hey dude, sry about the delay. It's on my list for the next update which should be out sometime soon, in the meantime, you should have full access the the iCloud folder when using a Mac.

• edited September 2018

@ka010

Have you noticed than on iPhone version (here iPhone 7 Plus), it’s not possible into browser to enter categories directly, it’s needed to go into randomizer tab and then go back to browser categories for being able to choose presets from them. Have also noticed sometimes I have to tap two times on some tabs, like after going in keyboards settings with left toothed wheel I’ve got to tap two times on perform tab to go back to keyboard display. Also knobs pages swithching don’t display main tab properly, it don’t become orange. And finally, some presets have an audio clicks randomly on notes attacks, like Big Bass. This is with standalone version, AU version don’t have those issues.

Really nice sounding app BTW, and works really nice with GarageBand too :-).

Is there a way to have beat syncing for rythmic presets, I mean not synced with keys playing?

Thanks

• @Janosax said:
    @ka010

Have you noticed than on iPhone version (here iPhone 7 Plus), it’s not possible into browser to enter categories directly, it’s needed to go into randomizer tab and then go back to browser categories for being able to choose presets from them. Have also noticed sometimes I have to tap two times on some tabs, like after going in keyboards settings with left toothed wheel I’ve got to tap two times on perform tab to go back to keyboard display. Also knobs pages swithching don’t display main tab properly, it don’t become orange. And finally, some presets have an audio clicks randomly on notes attacks, like Big Bass. This is with standalone version, AU version don’t have those issues.

Is there a way to have beat syncing for rythmic presets, I mean not synced with keys playing?

Thanks

Yeah, the view management is a bit wonky at times it's on my list tho. As for the clicking nosies, not sure what's going on there but I'll have a look, thanks for letting me know!

Tempo sync is supported but controlled individually in a number of places. Generally, you can bpm sync the LFO, the Mod Envelope (if it's set to loop) and the Delay time, just look for the "BPM Sync" button in that section.

Hope that helps.

• @ka010 said:

@Janosax said:
    @ka010

Thanks

Yeah, the view management is a bit wonky at times it's on my list tho. As for the clicking nosies, not sure what's going on there but I'll have a look, thanks for letting me know!

Tempo sync is supported but controlled individually in a number of places. Generally, you can bpm sync the LFO, the Mod Envelope (if it's set to loop) and the Delay time, just look for the "BPM Sync" button in that section.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks I’ll take a look at those settings :)

• @ka010 said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@ka010 said:

@kinkujin said:

@oat_phipps said:

Hi @ka010

Thanks.

hey dude, sry about the delay. It's on my list for the next update which should be out sometime soon, in the meantime, you should have full access the the iCloud folder when using a Mac.

Ok. Thanks. I think this also effects things like not being able to delete user presets. And recently it’s put a ‘.’ in front of all my preset names. Basically preset management could do with a bit of a look at.

• Oh... And as an AU it doesn’t remember it’s preset between sessions.

Would be really useful if it could.

• edited September 2018

Ok. Thanks. I think this also effects things like not being able to delete user presets. And recently it’s put a ‘.’ in front of all my preset names. Basically preset management could do with a bit of a look at.

Hmm, I don't think that's related, sounds more like an iCloud thing but I'll have a look, thanks!

Oh... And as an AU it doesn’t remember it’s preset between sessions.

Actually, that is intended since multiple instances would restore with the same preset otherwise. Instead, the host should store the state of each instance and restore it upon loading a session.

• @ka010 said:

Oh... And as an AU it doesn’t remember it’s preset between sessions.

Actually, that is intended since multiple instances would restore with the same preset otherwise. Instead, the host should store the state of each instance and restore it upon loading a session.

Fair enough. But that doesn’t happen in AUM. Whereas it does with other AUs. Same with AEM I think.

• edited September 2018

@ka010

I have some issues with Volt AUV3 and GarageBand, latest updates and iOS12 on iPhone 7 Plus. Volt often crashes, I have to reload instance. When opening a project, Volt can crash and it makes no sound. If it don’t crash, it often makes a distorded sound at project opening/playing. Also, AUV3 view in GarageBand/iPhone 7 Plus is truncated, I have to scroll GUI and randomizer view is not scrollable I can't tap on random button. In standalone mode, Volt is audio crackefest, not really usable. When it works properly in AUV3 mode, audio has no crackles. Hope this helps and some things can be improved/fixed with an update.

• Anybody else has some random AU crashes and standalone audio crackes with Volt?

• @Janosax said:
    Anybody else has some random AU crashes and standalone audio crackes with Volt?

For me (iPhone 6s plus - iOS11) the standalone is pretty stable. But running it as an AU is pretty unstable. Lots of crashes, stuck notes and yes, that distorted sound you talk about.

It seems more stable in AUM. In AEM and GarageBand I get more problems with the AU.

That said, so far I’ve just tended to use it to record short stems. It sounds fantastic!

@Janosax said:
    Anybody else has some random AU crashes and standalone audio crackes with Volt?

For me (iPhone 6s plus - iOS11) the standalone is pretty stable. But running it as an AU is pretty unstable. Lots of crashes, stuck notes and yes, that distorted sound you talk about.

It seems more stable in AUM. In AEM and GarageBand I get more problems with the AU.

That said, so far I’ve just tended to use it to record short stems. It sounds fantastic!

Just used it in apeMatrix and no issues. I agree it sounds really fantastic. Hope it will be fixed for those DAWS, I’ve sent a mail to dev about the issue.

• hey guys,
    I know I've been slow to respond here lately, sorry about that. I tend to go dark when I'm focused on work but on the upside, that usually means new stuff is coming...

Anyway, I'm not aware of any issues with Garageband, but I suspect the crashes may be due to a memory issue. I made a note and will do some tests. I'll let you know what I find.

As for the distorted output, that sounds more like a sample rate miss-match, what output are you using? Internal speaker, headphones, usb or something else?

• @ka010 said:
    hey guys,
    I know I've been slow to respond here lately, sorry about that. I tend to go dark when I'm focused on work but on the upside, that usually means new stuff is coming...

Anyway, I'm not aware of any issues with Garageband, but I suspect the crashes may be due to a memory issue. I made a note and will do some tests. I'll let you know what I find.

As for the distorted output, that sounds more like a sample rate miss-match, what output are you using? Internal speaker, headphones, usb or something else?

Headphones generally

@ka010 said:
    hey guys,

Headphones generally

Same. Sounds issue is like infinite reverb with crackles. Also, it also crash on apeMatrix project load and make other AU crash just like with GB, so I was primarily wrong with ApeM.