Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Are the screenshots still showing the old version?

• Doesn't look like much change and can't get IAA to recognize any apps, effects or instrument.

• Same problem here….need to contact 4pockets

• I updated Meteor and report that I am also having the same problems with IAA not getting recognised in Meteor. I have mentioned this over on the KVR forum too.

• It's incredible….I have StompBox and it don't see it….

• I'm gonna add this to a growing list of apps that aren't up to par! I would list them but I won't out of respect for the Devs! But there are a few who charge a lot of money and promise things that don't pan out! Sorry for the rant!

• It's apparently being fixed...

• edited December 2013

It's not fixed yet. @PaulB. Waiting for the update for the update.

• I did say "being".

• You did didn't you? I'm having a fuzzy letters day. Sorry

• This app needs a new keyboard UI/Design. It's as basic as its get. Kinda renders the whole midi/synth/sampler package useless. Resizing, scrolling while playing, sliding vertically = an assignable mod source and so on. "Blades" and scales is another thing it needs. An overhaul of the input UI(s) will lift this app more then a few notches me thinks

• edited December 2013

More importantly than the UI, there are features that just plain don't work well. For example, editing midi with a magnifying glass is tough to do with any accuracy. The same goes for the automation. I've written the authors about the midi automation and they pretty much ignored me. It is almost impossible to edit automation accurately as it is. Furthermore, if you try to edit midi starting at the leftmost part of the screen, it is almost impossible to do. These two things make editing extremely frustrating for me with Meteor. Cubasis, on the other hand has a fantastic method for editing midi that works perfectly! Automation is coming within a month to Cubasis, and as long as it works like Auria (dragging nodes), I have every confidence that it will do everything that I want it to do. My interest with Meteor is with the extreme efficiency of the app and with how full-featured it is. The GUI needs work, no doubt, but before doing anything else, existing features just plain need to work properly.

• The devs have told me the IAA problem is being sorted and a fix should be with us in a few days..they have also sent me a code for Meteor...I've never used Meteor but I do own their other apps.

• Put down the promo code and step away from the iPad... NOW...

• ChrisG said:

This app needs a new keyboard UI/Design. It's as basic as its get. Kinda renders the whole midi/synth/sampler package useless. Resizing, scrolling while playing, sliding vertically = an assignable mod source and so on. "Blades" and scales is another thing it needs. An overhaul of the input UI(s) will lift this app more then a few notches me thinks

Yes, this! I've been b!tching about this for a couple of yrs now, but the app developer doesn't even respond to the request. A feature packed app that's severely diminished by its UI. Too bad...

• Oh now where have I heard that before?

• Audiojunkie said:

Automation is coming within a month to Cubasis.

I doubt that.

• @Crabman You may be right. We never know what could happen. However, their release goal is before the end of the year, so it can't be too far away.....

• Ian said:

Oh now where have I heard that before?

Yeah, a few other DAWs (BM2, cough, cough) could use some improvements on their UIs.

• Audiojunkie said:

@Crabman You may be right. We never know what could happen. However, their release goal is before the end of the year, so it can't be too far away.....

They alteady mentioned a mainteneance update before the release of 1.8.I hope at least this one will make it before the app store shutdown on christmas.It definitely needs some bugfixes asap.

• @Crabman Ah, that's true! I forgot about that! :-)