Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

5 minute guitar improv over Korg Electribe Wave song

I could have used Audiobus If I just wanted to play this live and not record, but instead i did it in Cubasis so I could save the performance and remix it if need be..

Comments

• I know nothing about rock music but the intro made me laugh! Keep creating, my friend!!

• Now that's a guitar lesson. I love those pinch harmonics you seem to be able to conjure on demand which speaks to hours of learning where to "pinch" to get the harmonic to pop.

Makes me want to shut down the computer and bring up an amp emulator and a backing track and practice until my fingers hurt.
    But I'll wimp out and look for new posts.

• @gusgranite said:
    I know nothing about rock music but the intro made me laugh! Keep creating, my friend!!

Thanks...I'll keep doing something at the beginning of every video...It's my way of getting out my inner clown. I was one of those kids that could never make a straight face for any picture, or any filming or anytime I walked by my reflection. To this day I still practice to see how many different faces I can make. The only person I ever heard of that was worse that me was Jim Carey...oh yeah and Robin Williams, and I had never heard of them before I started that....and I'm not saying I'm as funny as them...but I try, because I'm a goofball..lol. . I have a bunch of those AR masks with comedic routiens on my other channel. Just type my name mac pattison and AR into the youtube search and you'll find them.

• Good bit of guitaring there dude.

• @McDtracy said:
    Now that's a guitar lesson. I love those pinch harmonics you seem to be able to conjure on demand which speaks to hours of learning where to "pinch" to get the harmonic to pop.

Makes me want to shut down the computer and bring up an amp emulator and a backing track and practice until my fingers hurt.
    But I'll wimp out and look for new posts.

thanks..I wasn't trying to school anyone, lol. I couldn't play that again like that twice if I tried. , well, I could relearn it one measure at a time and that would be a major pain in the ass. It would literally take me two weeks of practicing every day to reproduce it. Everything I've ever written starts out like this...and then I just use way less of it, repeat parts and double all the guitars. Then I do it again and forget every last note I played. It would be easier for me to play for the rest of my life without repeating anything twice, than it would to write songs and remember how to play them . I do the latter, but it's not what I'm best at.
    As far as the harmonics go , Billy Gibons, Joe Satriani, Eddy Van Halen and Zack Wylde are my influences, but Billy before all of them. I got hooked on doing them so much that I don't even realize how much I use them. It's just another way of playing an octave higher without having to jump around with my hands to me. You will notice, my fingers rarely ever stretch far. My hand is almost alway in the position of cocking a riffle.
    and my right hand swings back and forth most of the time like what you do when you strum and acoustic. That's how I get my sycopated swing....kind of like if a drummer could only play a highat with one hand and was raking a brush across the hi hihat sideways. When I play lead, which I don't much in this video, my right hand stays a lot more still and close to strings and does flail back and forth as much, but for rhytms like this...it's a muc more wild technique, but I"m alway very economical in my finger movements on the left hand...I hate stretching...so I've always found a way around it. I've been doing it this way now for 35 years and what you see in the video is how I practiced. I always just jammed. I didn't learn anyone's riffs and I never played excercises, until like 20 years down the line and even then rarely. I'm surprised I can even play at all....It was a very unorthodox approach.