Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[Exclusive] Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) Images, Specs Leaked Ahead of Company’s September 12 Launch

2»

Comments

• The throwback to iPhone 4 design is so weird. I would love the smaller bezels but... such a strange design. Not sure if I believe it.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Remind me how we get audio out of an iPad after the removal of the headphone socket?

Through the lightning port

• What would be the right dongle @BiancaNeve?

• @Arpseechord said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Norbert said:
    Surely there will be a way to disable the faceid and have the usual number password to type instead. It would be silly to have only one option to unlock the ipad.

FaceID reverts to passcode.

How does one access the passcode if there is no home button? Plug in the device?

Just touch the screen to wake it up like you do on iPhone X :smile:

• I just don’t understand how Logic Pro x would function UI-wise on an iPad Pro ? It just wouldn’t work. There would be A trillion drop down menus to start off with

• Hi @greengrocer , you inspired me to take your rumors and run with them on a separate thread. Can you give any sources for the rumors you mention? Would love to add that to the conflagration!

• @MobileMusic said:

@Arpseechord said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Norbert said:
    Surely there will be a way to disable the faceid and have the usual number password to type instead. It would be silly to have only one option to unlock the ipad.

FaceID reverts to passcode.

How does one access the passcode if there is no home button? Plug in the device?

Just touch the screen to wake it up like you do on iPhone X :smile:

Thank you much appreciated!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Argh, still that stupid stupid extruded camera lens. How the F are we supposed to lay our devices down flat?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No headphone jack means never buying one, for me at least. I'm still on my air 1 and every time I think I might want to upgrade, I realize I don't.

• schsch
    edited September 2018

@mrufino1 said:
    No headphone jack means never buying one, for me at least.

I just upgraded my iPhone 6 to an iPhone 8 Plus and ended up in this situation. I reckon Apple's planning on a crop of now-necessary dongles to make life bearable. First up will be one to allow you to charge the bastard while you listen. This is even more necessary for the iPad when you want to do some binge-watching on Netflix etc. Prolly retail for $50 minimum, right?

OTOH, having lost a previous iPhone 6 to the toilet, I heartily approve of the water-resistant status of the new devices. :o

• I very much like the wireless charging on my iPhone 8 +

• @u0421793 said:
    I very much like the wireless charging on my iPhone 8 +

• @u0421793 said:

Sounds stupid, but I like being able to use a cheap USB cable, instead of allocating another lightning cable. It’s also a way to plug in your lightning earbuds, and charge at the same time.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@u0421793 said:

Sounds stupid, but I like being able to use a cheap USB cable, instead of allocating another lightning cable. It’s also a way to plug in your lightning earbuds, and charge at the same time.

Hey, John, are you talking about charging the wireless earbuds? I’m trying to figure out if you mean charging the phone while still being able to listen to wired phones plugged into the lightning port dongle?

• I need to mortgage the house... again :smile:

Any news on a new Mac mini? I neeeeed one badly.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hmmm, wondering if ios Logic is what Doug @thesoundtestroom signed his NDA over? That would be a game changer, wouldn't it?

He can forget about it if he used Michael Cohen as a lawyer 😆

• @sch said:
    Hey, John, are you talking about charging the wireless earbuds? I’m trying to figure out if you mean charging the phone while still being able to listen to wired phones plugged into the lightning port dongle?

ha, no, I just mean leaving my phone flat on a charging pad, with earbuds plugged into the lightning port.

• @mrufino1 said:
    No headphone jack means never buying one, for me at least. I'm still on my air 1 and every time I think I might want to upgrade, I realize I don't.

Same. Not interested in Airpods or having to deal with dongles. I'll probably get a current 12.9 and call that my last purchase in the Apple ecosystem. Talk about pointlessness.

• @adrift said:
    I hope what the article suggests is not true in that the removal of the home button means that the only way to unlock will be through the camera’s facial recognition.

They have had a software home button available for years...