Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New to ipad/synth world

edited December 2013 in General App Discussion

Hey forum,
As the topic suggest I'm a noob to all of this however I play in a 5 piece covers band and we thought it might be cool to throw some keys in the mix.

So I took the plunge and bought an iPad and KORG microkeys 25 that I attach to my mic stand (I'll try throw some pics up for you to take a look at my set up).

So far so good. We've only used it sparingly so far but we get a great reactor from the drunken 18 yo's when we rip into (in a embarrassed voice I hang my head and announce) Katy Perry's Roar.

Anywho hope to pick up a few tips and tricks from the forum. Peace out. Shoey.

Comments

• Welcome and this is the place to be to learn about new apps, tips/tricks, as well as many other music related things...but beware it can also cost you a lot of money! : )

• edited March 2014

• Thanks Simon..there are 179 videos on the channel as of today...and around 130 of those are app demos or reviews

• Welcome @Shoey! This is one of (if not possibly the biggest) hubs of the iPad music-making realm. You've come to the right place! :-) One of the others is this Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ipadmusician/

A third is:

http://discchord.com/

Between these three sites, you have the majority of your bases covered. :-)

If you have any questions, music to post (even covers), feel free! We are a bunch of devoted old farts from all four corners of the globe, and love this site as much for the social aspect as for the technology! :-)

• Hi and welcome Shoey, this is indeed a very good hub to interact with and I have found it very sociable & helpful in the short time I have been a member. Not sure about the "old farts" comment Audiojunkie, though immature mature might describe me :)

• @thinds Sorry, I was using American slang. Yes, I meant "mature individuals" and I was including myself. I was trying to be humorous about the median age of the average group member. :-)

• @Audiojunkie said:

@thinds Sorry, I was using American slang. Yes, I meant "mature individuals" and I was including myself. I was trying to be humorous about the median age of the average group member. :-)

No worries mate, old fart is also well used in Australia, and I am indeed one and (grumpy with it) haha