Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

synthmaster one midi cc 41 not responding to novation launch control

Hoping someone could check with the fancy midi apps if synthmaster one is accepting cc41 midi data correctly?

cc 41 is shown as accepted by midi learn on synthmaster one but the knob does not move and parameter not changed. I'm using a novation Launch control and had no issue with this CC41 on other synths with midi input.

Attached screenshots show that on cc41 is not active for ‘filter 1 drive’.

Many Thanks
Trevor

Comments

• @kv331audio_bulent

Any idea why this is happening please, I have had this issue for months and I can't solve it :-(

• @MobileMusic , would you happen to be a dev for synthmaster one also? Maybe you can help?

• edited September 2018

@[Deleted User] said:
    @MobileMusic , would you happen to be a dev for synthmaster one also? Maybe you can help?

I’m a dev but not for SM1 :smile:

Have you tried contacting your hardware vendor about this?

Maybe try it with other hardware to prove there is something wrong with novation. Bulent confirmed there were no issues with SM1 before.

• @MobileMusic said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    @MobileMusic , would you happen to be a dev for synthmaster one also? Maybe you can help?

I’m a dev but not for SM1 :smile:

Have you tried contacting your hardware vendor about this?

Maybe try it with other hardware to prove there is something wrong with novation. Bulent confirmed there were no issues with SM1 before.

The novation launch control works with all other apps and hardware expect for synthmaster one so it’s looking like synthmaster one has a bug.

• @kv331audio_bulent

If you need more proof just PM me and i can send video of novation launch control using midi learn (cc41)on other apps no problem. It been two months i have been kindly asking you for help on this. Please can you look at this or at least put it on the do list for the future.

• @[Deleted User] if you have MidiFire or MidiDesigner, you could set up a test to see if it has anything to do with the Novation or if it is just a matter of SM1 not handling CC41 correctly in general.

Also, if you haven't done so, make sure to contact the SM1 developer.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @[Deleted User] if you have MidiFire or MidiDesigner, you could set up a test to see if it has anything to do with the Novation or if it is just a matter of SM1 not handling CC41 correctly in general.

Hi There, i don't have these apps or am that great at those things, that why i asked on the forum.
    I think the video is clear enough of the issue and @kv331audio_bulent is the dev for SM1.

• FWIW, I would recommend reporting it to the dev directly rather than through this forum. I have found that often results in response/action that is more prompt than comments dropped here on the forum.

A lot of devs don't have time to keep frequent track of what goes on here but check their work email daily. (Note: I am a dev for another platform and can tell you that if someone drops us an email directly, it gets read within 24 hours -- if someone drops a comment on a popular music form, I might not see it at all or might not get to it for a month if i am really busy with work as I just don't have the time to keep up with all the boards where our apps get discussed).

@[Deleted User] said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @[Deleted User] if you have MidiFire or MidiDesigner, you could set up a test to see if it has anything to do with the Novation or if it is just a matter of SM1 not handling CC41 correctly in general.

Hi There, i don't have these apps or am that great at those things, that why i asked on the forum.
    I think the video is clear enough of the issue and @kv331audio_bulent is the dev for SM1.

• @espiegel123 said:
    FWIW, I would recommend reporting it to the dev directly rather than through this forum. I have found that often results in response/action that is more prompt than comments dropped here on the forum.

A lot of devs don't have time to keep frequent track of what goes on here but check their work email daily. (Note: I am a dev for another platform and can tell you that if someone drops us an email directly, it gets read within 24 hours -- if someone drops a comment on a popular music form, I might not see it at all or might not get to it for a month if i am really busy with work as I just don't have the time to keep up with all the boards where our apps get discussed).

@[Deleted User] said:

@espiegel123 said:

OK, good advice i will do. Thanks man.