Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

question: does Zeeon synth have full au parameter automation?

a quick pre purchase enquiry: does beepstreets Zeeon synth have all its au parameters exposed for automation when used as au plug in in a daw. AND is this all working fine in latest version of Cubasis on ios 11?

Comments

• Oh yes - my finger gets tired scrolling through them in AUM midi control - good learn function on Zeeon too.

• Sorry forgot - do not use Cubasis.

• Zeeon works fine in Cubasis but you'll have to 'record' some automation using the knobs with W enabled first.

Cubasis doesn't allow 'Browsing' for AUParmaters for direct drawing of automation data.
    It only shows those AU parameters that contain some recorded automation which is apparently 'by design'.

Personally I would have preferred to 'check-mark' the AUParameters which I wanted to appear on the automation lanes with or without recorded automation and have them available for automation drawing.

• @Samu said:
    Zeeon works fine in Cubasis but you'll have to 'record' some automation using the knobs with W enabled first.

Cubasis doesn't allow 'Browsing' for AUParmaters for direct drawing of automation data.
    It only shows those AU parameters that contain some recorded automation which is apparently 'by design'.

Personally I would have preferred to 'check-mark' the AUParameters which I wanted to appear on the automation lanes with or without recorded automation and have them available for automation drawing.

I really like the current aproach where you record a knob twiddle and then it apears in the list.

• @AudioGus said:

@Samu said:
    Zeeon works fine in Cubasis but you'll have to 'record' some automation using the knobs with W enabled first.

I really like the current aproach where you record a knob twiddle and then it apears in the list.

It works but I would like to at least have an option to 'enable' more lanes from start and draw stuff using a line-tool :)
    (My work around here is to just enable W press play and tap all the knobs I wish to automate to enable their automation lanes).

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

It works but I would like to at least have an option to 'enable' more lanes from start and draw stuff using a line-tool :)
    (My work around here is to just enable W press play and tap all the knobs I wish to automate to enable their automation lanes).

Your ‘workaround’ is my ‘workflow’. ;)

• @AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

Your ‘workaround’ is my ‘workflow’. ;)

yes, thanks Ageez, Samu & audiogus. I must confess (again!) that I am with Audiogus on this. I much prefer the ‘revealed by twiddling’ approach of Cubasis .. I absolutely hate long lists of parameters and i am more a move the knob about first then if necessary go in and redraw the few niggly bits.. even if i wanted to draw a big long filter slope.
    this is how good old Caustic has done it since time immemorial and also the Approach Gadget initially ripped off/borrowed from Caustic until the bureaucratic pencil pushers ( :] )
    boohooed until they took it away, to my chagrin.. it kind of baffled me, the original method being by far the more elegant way.. a quick twiddle on the parameter in question usually being far quicker than dialing through a list of a hundred or more parameter labels.
    One Caveat being that it’s generally Cubasis that has initial problems with au parameter automation when a new au plugin is launched,, and I have a suspicion that it is this nice ‘reveal’ method that causes that behind the scenes.. not a biggy as it’s usually sorted by a quick email to app dev and LFS at steinberg..
    the only reason I posted this question is because i recently got Zeeon devs DerVoco app..
    a very nice thing EXCEPT it has NO au automation!? little bit weird... and a bit of a shame as it’s quite unique if you just use it as an effect rather than usual vocoder type things..
    was worried Zeeon might suffer the same fate..
    so thanks once again guys for answering.. and sorry Samu, I do think that the fact you can switch the big W on and then touch everything to get the lanes is a pretty nice way to work.. you get only what you need in a nice neat list! :)
    only time i find this a minor chore is when I want to automate all of the channel volumes and mutes which involves turning W on for each channel before hitting play... but then again I would very rarely if ever want to draw any of that in so this way still seems best to me.. Potatoes/Pot-art-tows.

• @RockySmalls said:
    and sorry Samu, I do think that the fact you can switch the big W on and then touch everything to get the lanes is a pretty nice way to work.. you get only what you need in a nice neat list! :)

No worries but some AUv3's do have parameters that can be automated but do not have an UI buttons & switches to 'wiggle'(to enable automation an automation lane) and those can NOT be automated in Cubasis ;-)

Even though those 'rare' AUV3 effects do respond to Midi CC there is no way in Cubasis to send Midi CC to an AUv3 Effect...

So yeah would still love to see an option to manually scan thru a plug-in and it's parameters and add a 'check box' to enable the automation lane :-)

• @Samu said:

@RockySmalls said:
    and sorry Samu, I do think that the fact you can switch the big W on and then touch everything to get the lanes is a pretty nice way to work.. you get only what you need in a nice neat list! :)

No worries but some AUv3's do have parameters that can be automated but do not have an UI buttons & switches to 'wiggle'(to enable automation an automation lane) and those can NOT be automated in Cubasis ;-)

Even though those 'rare' AUV3 effects do respond to Midi CC there is no way in Cubasis to send Midi CC to an AUv3 Effect...

So yeah would still love to see an option to manually scan thru a plug-in and it's parameters and add a 'check box' to enable the automation lane :-)

well then, I would have to agree with you there.. and I must say i am not against the concept of drawing out very slow developments or indeed just having nice lfo functions do that work ( eg: apesoft! if only their method got taken up by more devs :) )
    do you have an example of an Au plug parameter that I might be blind to
    , due to habitual Cubasis abusage?
    some kind of ‘reveal list’ long press thing in cubasis might be a nice idea... as long as you can ‘unreveal’ it again afterwards,, or a ‘ hide unused parameters ‘ can be implemented easily..
    early days still, maybe?

• @Samu said:

@RockySmalls said:

AUV3 fxs are not automatable at all in Cubasis?

• @RockySmalls said:

do you have an example of an Au plug parameter that I might be blind to
    , due to habitual Cubasis abusage?

Both effect plug-ins from MSXAudio for starters :)
    (Lo-Fi Dirt and their Tape thing and the 'brightness' thing in RX950 that is on the 2nd panel if i recall correctly).

The only way to 'lock' the effects is to send Midi CC to them and in the case of BM3 assign a knob to an AUv3 parameter that can not be accessed from the Plug-In UI.
    (Ie. to permanently 'lock' a parameter that is normally 'performed').

some kind of ‘reveal list’ long press thing in cubasis might be a nice idea... as long as you can ‘unreveal’ it again afterwards,, or a ‘ hide unused parameters ‘ can be implemented easily..

That was the idea... ie. tap edit to see 'all' parameters, check those that need automation and and exit 'edit' mode.

Even without this I'll still keep on using Cubasis but I do wish they could sort out the timing issues....
    Feeding rapid 16th notes to the UNO synth is less than 'rock solid' when using Cubasis and UR-242 and it's not the interface as it's solid as a rock with Logic Pro X...

• @Janosax said:

AUV3 fxs are not automatable at all in Cubasis?

It is possible to automate AUv3 effects in Cubasis but there is no way to send Midi to them yet.

• edited September 2018

Both effect plug-ins from MSXAudio for starters :)
    (Lo-Fi Dirt and their Tape thing and the 'brightness' thing in RX950 that is on the 2nd panel if i recall correctly).

ah! don’t have any msx things but i do have the rx950, will take a look at that..

That was the idea... ie. tap edit to see 'all' parameters, check those that need automation and and exit 'edit' mode.

Even without this I'll still keep on using Cubasis but I do wish they could sort out the timing issues....

yep, timing issues, mixdown things, midi routing, bus mixing, tempo tracks etc etc..
    all a bright sunrise future.. meantime bend what you have to yr will and ends. we may have it better soon but we’ve never had it better now.. ( I don’t see myself as one of those frustrated ones that is trying to replicate what i was doing on laptops from 1999 on an ipad.. i’m in it for the grand experiment and to see what interesting results might come of it.
    now i think i must go and mention the lack of auto in DerVoco to that nice man Jarek! :)