Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ApeMatrix Update AU sampler!

Comments

• what do these three buttons for?

• edited August 2018

@eross
    From left to right
    Draw waveform in more detail
    Fade loop points
    Enable scrubbing

• @AndyPlankton said:
    @eross
    From left to right
    Draw waveform in more detail
    Fade loop points
    Enable scrubbing

cool thanks

• can you record into this app? or is that not an option yet?

• @eross said:
    can you record into this app? or is that not an option yet?

Nope. But I hope it will :)

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2018

Using the audio from How to draw mushrooms with audio, the new ApeMatrix Sampler and ApeMatrix Oscilloscope AU i got the following (in AUM):

I had to invert the phase of one channel (Y) - thats why i used AUMs stereo processing...

It really works, even though the audio is only played with 44khz instead of the suggested full 192khz :)

• Great the sampler shows up in other hosts ie AUM like any other AU it’s not sandboxed good stuff.

• Build yourself a DIY sampler/ looper.

• @_ki You da man!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • #Apematrix #Sampler #Oscilloscope
    Some effects added with the initial 808 sample : Dedalus, Frekvens, Kosmonaut. pic.twitter.com/hKpXXcvj0T

— shoutn95🌑 (@shoutn95) 31 août 2018
  • It’s a little bit like having AUM file player inside ApeM. Could be nice to have play/stop midi triggering too.
    Some big improvements have been made on iPhone version too. And AU loads now much faster. Great work!!

• Wonderful! I also love how easy it is to record something in apeMatrix and then either export it to the sampler or copy a whole bunch of clips in the Files app, from or to the Documents folder.

I had also missed that apeMatrix has 32-bit float recording as an option. Maybe it was there from the beginning or I missed when it came along in an update.

One thing I wish were improved is the virtual keyboard. Hitting the black keys consistently is challenging and error-prone. A keyboard with as wide black keys as in the Jubal Flute app, for example, would be wonderful.

• @Simo said:
    Wonderful! I also love how easy it is to record something in apeMatrix and then either export it to the sampler or copy a whole bunch of clips in the Files app, from or to the Documents folder.

I had also missed that apeMatrix has 32-bit float recording as an option. Maybe it was there from the beginning or I missed when it came along in an update.

One thing I wish were improved is the virtual keyboard. Hitting the black keys consistently is challenging and error-prone. A keyboard with as wide black keys as in the Jubal Flute app, for example, would be wonderful.

Just tap on this icon and choose a scale of your choice it will be much more playable !!!

• edited August 2018

Ah, good tip, but still I’d love to have the full chromatic scale as playable, for when wanting to just go off the scale and so on.

• any tips for syncing or quantifying the sample to loop at the right tempo? is there any kind of quantize or bar length setting

• edited September 2018

@eross said:
    any tips for syncing or quantifying the sample to loop at the right tempo? is there any kind of quantize or bar length setting

You have to use loops with same tempo as ApeM project. Best way for quickly make loops at desired tempo on iOS is to use Blocswave timestretch algo and import/export, then import in sampler/slicer of your choice.

Timestretch feature in ApeM sampler should be a must have!!

• Anyone know why my App Store doesn’t enable me to download this? It just shows the “open” icon not the download update one. I’m still on version 1.2. Thanks.

• @Janosax said:

@eross said:
    any tips for syncing or quantifying the sample to loop at the right tempo? is there any kind of quantize or bar length setting

You have to use loops with same tempo as ApeM project. Best way for quickly make loops at desired tempo on iOS is to use Blocswave timestretch algo and import/export, then import in sampler/slicer of your choice.

Timestretch feature in ApeM sampler should be a must have!!

that would be sweet

• @kinkujin said:
    Anyone know why my App Store doesn’t enable me to download this? It just shows the “open” icon not the download update one. I’m still on version 1.2. Thanks.

Sorry if you already tried this, but on the Updates page, pull dowh to refresh the updates list.

• @eross said:

It syncs to tempo like tape (pitching) . Press that icon :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So this AU sampler and oscilloscope, are they available in other apps? And if not in what sense are they AU?

• @Dawdles said:

@Korakios said:

@eross said:

It syncs to tempo like tape (pitching) . Press that icon :)

Does it timestrech or only repitch?

Repitching only

• Did anyone figured how to use loop points ?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So this AU sampler and oscilloscope, are they available in other apps? And if not in what sense are they AU?

The are both available in other AU hosts.

• edited September 2018

@Simo said:

@kinkujin said:
    Anyone know why my App Store doesn’t enable me to download this? It just shows the “open” icon not the download update one. I’m still on version 1.2. Thanks.

Sorry if you already tried this, but on the Updates page, pull dowh to refresh the updates list.

@Simo said:

@kinkujin said:

Thanks. Gave that a try but no luck.

edit Did hard reboot, pulled down to refresh and that did the trick. Thanks @Simo !

• @kinkujin said:
    edit Did hard reboot, pulled down to refresh and that did the trick. Thanks @Simo !

My pleasure! There was also a time that I didn't know of that way to refresh and wondered where the updates people were talking about were. Then I saw the same tip here from someone. :smile:

• in my case, for the sampler and the oscilloscope to appear, reboot or refresh didn’t help. Only after deleting and reinstalling apeMatrix.

• Looks nice I have yet to pull the trigger on this app yet but its getting harder to resist...
    I wish they would put a sampler like this in Gadget where you can sample from gadgets....