Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ripplemaker „-ki Techniques“ Preset Bank v2 (updated, free)

2»

Comments

• This is really excellent material!! :)

• @_ki said:
    Now that the Ripplemaker v1.2.3 update has landed, i can post my updated version of the presets.

Wonderful.

Perhaps you would like to describe for us ripplemaker noobs how you would go about fleshing out one of the TECH presets into 2-3 different interesting playable presets? I can fiddle around with changing some cables and knobs - and that is fun, too - but I'm guessing you have a more educated approach based on the starting TECH!

• For those getting started there are also patching tips and tricks in the Ripplemaker manual on Ruismaker.com B)

• @brambos said:
    For those getting started there are also patching tips and tricks in the Ripplemaker manual on Ruismaker.com B)

That's one well-written manual.

• @_ki you are amazing. Thank you.

• _ki_ki
    edited September 2018

@bleep As already mentioned, Ripplemaker has a very good manual that in depth descibes the functionality of each module and also contains a tutorial section with basic patching. Some of these can be found in the Techniques bank, that tries to present more basic ideas on what to patch where, or how to archieve a given effect like Frequence-, Amplitude- or Ring-Modulation. New sound-designed presets normally combine several of the presented ideas.

I will publish another Ripplemaker present bank containg playable patches soon...

• @_ki @brambos

this is excellent stuff.

i did not know this manual existed, very helpful indeed.

• @Brambos Anyone having Midi CC issues with Ripplemaker in AUM? Sending Rozeta’s LFO to its Edit Channel” parameters fires up Osc Frequency and Shape and Low Pass Gate filter no matter what cc I select.

• @oat_phipps said:

@brambos said:
    For those getting started there are also patching tips and tricks in the Ripplemaker manual on Ruismaker.com B)

That's one well-written manual.

Indeed, I have even printed a brochure format copy

• Huh, I missed the updated presets the first time around.
    Thank you @_ki
    :)

• ki said:
    In preparation for the next Audiobus sound design fest, i built a preset bank for Ripplemaker by Brambos that showcases various techniques. This should provide you with some basic and advanced ideas for sound design and circuit bending of this _West Coast Flavored Modular Synth

The patches are designed to be of ‚technical nature‘, i tried to keep many knob settings at a ‚neutral‘ or ‚default‘ position - tweaked just enough to highlight the sound of the technique to be shown. I also disabled the FX or opened up the filter. Therefore this preset bank does not represent the full sound potential of Ripplemaker but instead shows the various routing possibilities.

Instructions

Download them directly
    and choose to open in Ripplemaker. After importing you will get a message to quit/restart ripplemaker.

The version 2 preset bank contains 64 presets that will show up in a -ki Technics folder inside Ripplemaker IAA and AU. Installing the new version will update the previous version presets.

How do I download to send the presets to Ripplemaker. Each time I tap the Download them directly link or copy the url into Google I get a network error message?

• @RJB be careful with brambos apps and midi cc control as they all have hard coded ‘legacy app’ midi cc’s assigned to the controllers. If your not carefull this can cause unexpected results (multiple assignments). Its tricky but it is all documented in their excellent manuals.

• RJBRJB
    edited November 2018

@Richtowns thanks for the help. So in AUM can Brambos’ LFO used to effect CC control in Ripple maker?

• @RJB Im pretty sure you can do it. The effect cc control in Ripplemaker will have a fixed cc map but in Roseta LFO you can change the value of the LFOs cc...... Ive just looked it up,
    If the effect you mean is the delay then the delay amount is cc 102 so you have to change the lfo's cc value to 102 in roseta lfos.
    I can see what you want to do and it would give a nice variation especially with a sample and hold lfo.
    Fwiw. Another way is to add a sent fx from ripplemaker to dubstation and then get roseta lfos to change the amount of the send. Aum is just soo easy to set up this type of thing and I love AD's delay.

• @robosardine said:
    How do I download to send the presets to Ripplemaker. Each time I tap the Download them directly link or copy the url into Google I get a network error message?

The link opened Google Drive. Then I went like this:

It unpacked the .zip automatically. Just restart Ripplemaker to sync the presets, like it asks you to in the last pop up.

• @_ki this is great. wonderful introduction to west coast synthesis. thank you.

• edited November 2018

@CracklePot said:

@robosardine said:

The link opened Google Drive. Then I went like this:

It unpacked the .zip automatically. Just restart Ripplemaker to sync the presets, like it asks you to in the last pop up.

Aha- thanks for that. I downloaded Google Drive- ignored the Network Error message (which popped up again) and it worked just like you said. Cheers 😺

• @robosardine The link also works without the google drive app, one does not need to install that app.

The „problem with preview“ message is normal, either press the download button in that message box, or the download icon in the top left. The the zip is downloaded into safari and a zip icon is shown. Now you either already get the option to „open in Ripplemaker“ or you need to press the share icon in the top left and then select Ripplemaker.

• @_ki said:
    @robosardine The link also works without the google drive app, one does not need to install that app.

The „problem with preview“ message is normal, either press the download button in that message box, or the download icon in the top left. The the zip is downloaded into safari and a zip icon is shown. Now you either already get the option to „open in Ripplemaker“ or you need to press the share icon in the top left and then select Ripplemaker

Got it- thanks.
    And many thanks to you and others for making all these great sounds available. I had basically ignored Ripplemaker in the past after struggling to get a decent chirp out of it (thanks of course to my own shortcomings).
    This has opened my eyes to the possibilities and capabilities that it has. I have been having a ball with all its random/ variation options going through Turnado and a few others 🤩