Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Super Manetron Updated and on sale

Comments

• This app is well worth the original price...

• Are the samples still out of tune? I know it is based on an old analog/mechanical instrument but some of the notes were off by 20 cents or more. I think the Mellotronics M3000 50th anniversary edition is MUCH better. Perhaps a bit more expensive, but well worth it.

• I decided to answer my own question and check the Super Manetron update for tuning issues. It is still horribly out of wack and the difference in volume from note to note at one setting is still wonky. Then, in interest of fairness I checked M3000. Well, I tried to check it. I couldn't get it to work with Audiobus. It would show the panel for Audiobus but when I pressed on it it would sound the note of the key below the panel, but not do the panels functions. I'm sure it worked before. I am using an iPad 2/7.0 and an iPad 4/7.0.2.

• Can't you check it without Audiobus? I watched Doug's excellent video and realised this app isn't for me. That's why the video is excellent. Doug is excellent. Saves me a lot of money!

• I tried the M3000 again and, at first, it didn't work well with AB as stated above. Then I rotated my iPad 180 degrees and it work. I flipped it back to the original position and it still worked. Weird. So I tested it with a tuner. It was much better than Super Manetron. I still think M3000 is superior to Super Manetron and worth the extra money.

• I thought mellotrons were supposed to sound off. Or not work. Or cause hernias

• edited December 2013

@Ian - They are....lol

• edited December 2013

sickmoth said:

Can't you check it without Audiobus? I watched Doug's excellent video and realised this app isn't for me. That's why the video is excellent. Doug is excellent. Saves me a lot of money!

Thanks man..that very nice of you..cool beens..on the other note MrNezumi cant watch the videos because he live in China were they are banned...

• I just watched the video again and at 8.07 I demo a track in Cubasis with a stack of Manetron overdubs and an iMini and Galieo...and its all in tune..

• edited December 2013

Strange, perhaps it depends on which instrument is selected?

• It's weird, but even though I know it's off, I still like it better than M3000...loads more character.

M3000 supposedly uses the original master tapes but to me it sounds too clean, however I'm judging from videos like Doug's because I only have Super Manetron. M3000 does have much more functionality and more sounds.

Super Manetron somehow captures that somewhat fragile and brittle character from the old recordings.

• edited December 2013

It's definitely out of tune. The whole instrument is slightly sharp (I think, it's been a while since I checked) so that I can't use it. I can tune it with the pitch knob to get it in tune but when you let go of the knob it springs back to default being sharp again. I know the Mellotron used tapes so I don't expect perfection. I'm not talking about small imperfections between patches here but the tuning of the whole instrument.
    Thankfully I got this on sale or I'd be really pissed about it, as it is I'm only short a few bucks. I tried playing it alongside other iOS instruments and the tuning just sounds bad.
    I should have read the App store reviews before I bought it where tuning issues were mentioned so it's not just me.

• Super Manetron is on sale again. Are the samples still out of tune ?

• edited March 2018

@ecou said:
    Super Manetron is on sale again. Are the samples still out of tune ?

I sure hope so.

Here's a link to one of our songs where we used super manetron, I love everything about that app.

• your Video is no available.

• @mrufino1 said:

@ecou said:
    Super Manetron is on sale again. Are the samples still out of tune ?

I sure hope so.

Here's a link to one of our songs where we used super manetron, I love everything about that app.

That song sounds great!
    Nicely done.

• combo organ seems to be free at the moment too ...

(can't work out how to post a link here -sorry)

• ... still no virtual midi :\

• I bought super manetron. It shows in IAA of garage band but not in Cubasis