Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dust in the Wind (cover)

My latest cover. Enjoy!

Comments

• Really good!
    Thanks for sharing!

• Beautiful!

• Don't know the original but this sounds really nice. Enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for sharing @receder
    Any details of apps used? :smile:

• edited August 2018

Great! Congrats

• edited August 2018

Very nicely done @receder - The music and the video!
    Perfect! 👍

P.S.
    @AlterEgo_UK
    You really don't know the original?
    It is a well known and great Rock ballade by the US Rockband Kansas, released 1977. I think most of the Radio-Stations around the globe still playing this song, it’s a evergreen... 😎

• @chandroji said:
    Perfect! 👍

P.S.
    @AlterEgo_UK
    It is a well known and great Rock ballade by the US Rockband Kansas, released 1977. I think most of the Radio-Stations around the globe still playing this song, it’s a evergreen... 😎

Well done song. Ilike it from the vocals thru the entire mix. Sounds good!

And yes...Colon..quite, surprising as Kansas was one of the true prog groups in USA. Side note Steve Walsh, a Kansas singer joined on Steve Hackett’s (Genesis) 2nd solo effort: Please Dont’t Touch

• Thanks very much for all your kind comments and encouragement @flo26 , @Bootsy , @AlterEgo_UK , @Arpseechord , @chandroji and @TozBourne

@AlterEgo_UK I normally use a PC based DAW and only recently started using iPad apps for part of the recording process.If I have a good idea of the song chords and structure as I did for Dust in the Wind I like to use ChordBot as I can sit on the couch and quickly get a MIDI version of the song created on the iPad. I imported this into Cubasis where I created the oboe parts and recorded some of the raw vocal parts. I then exported everything to the PC where I added the guitar parts (70% of the work!), piano, vocal harmonies and created a final mix.

Thanks @TozBourne for the information on Steve Walsh. I'm off to check out Please Don't Touch.

• Brilliant. I had to go relisten to the original. I may prefer your version. Great voice.

• @TozBourne said:

@chandroji said:
    Perfect! 👍

P.S.
    @AlterEgo_UK

And yes...Colon..quite, surprising as Kansas was one of the true prog groups in USA. Side note Steve Walsh, a Kansas singer joined on Steve Hackett’s (Genesis) 2nd solo effort: Please Dont’t Touch

As did drummer Phil Erhart.

• @Multicellular said:
    Brilliant. I had to go relisten to the original. I may prefer your version. Great voice.

@Multicellular Wow! Thanks very much. Very kind of you.

• @TozBourne said:

@chandroji said:
    Perfect! 👍

P.S.
    @AlterEgo_UK

Cheers @chandroji and @TozBourne . Nope never heard it before. I have heard of Kansas, of course, but not heard much of their music. :)

• @TozBourne said:

And yes...Colon.

ha! not been called Colon since I was at school. It was actually Peter Hook and Bernard Sumner (amongst others) who used to call me that! :smile:

• edited August 2018

ha, thats better than the original!
    you've really captured the the melancholy of the song with your singing
    i'm a minor man, always have been!

• edited September 2018

That was good.

• Cheers @mrcanister and @Xsyst appreciate the positive comments.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

@TozBourne said:

And yes...Colon.

ha! not been called Colon since I was at school. It was actually Peter Hook and Bernard Sumner (amongst others) who used to call me that! :smile:

My head hangs in shame for the name typo...I so sorry. I've made a lot of mistakes recently especially typos, and I've got to be more careful. Just another side effect I guess.

• @TozBourne said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

@TozBourne said:

And yes...Colon.

My head hangs in shame for the name typo...I so sorry. I've made a lot of mistakes recently especially typos, and I've got to be more careful. Just another side effect I guess.

No problem @TozBourne It gave me the opportunity to name drop! (Pete and Barney from Warsaw, Joy Division, New Order, Revenge and The Light) :smile:

• Very very nice.

• @JenaMu6 said:
    Very very nice.

Thanks a lot @JenaMu6