Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IK UNO Synth iOS (and Mac/PC) editor is here!

I thought you might be interested to know that we've released our UNO Synth Editor! Check it out, it is free!

Comments

• Great news! Thanks for the plugin versions of UNO Synth, simply awesome!

• @ikmultimedia It works quite well and I actually prefer the iOS version over the Mac/PC version as it feels more 'natural' touch touch-edit the values than tinker around with a mouse or touch-pad :)

Since the 'sequences' are stored as part of the preset-data may I suggest adding an option in a future update to also enabled editing of the sequences as it would make it a LOT easier to create complex sequences considering the vast parameter automation options provided by the UNO.

Other 'options' would be to do selective restore of the factory patches?
    I've already over-written quite a bunch of them with my own presets and forgot to save those to my computer...

I've yet to try saving patches on the iPad but I suppose 'iTunes/Files.app' support would make patch management pretty straight forward. (Ie. Import&Export patches using Files.app).

Regards to the whole UNO-Team :)

• They said August and they meant August!

Excited to check this out later - the Patch saving is one of the big features here because you can access the hidden parameter, make sounds that aren’t possible on the face of the device and then lock them in as presets (either on iPad or the UNO itself). But being able to store extra patches on the iPad and NAME them is pretty big for power users.

• Sweet! <3

• As they say in Spanish: “¡Ay que Multimedia!”

• @StormJH1 said:
    They said August and they meant August!

Excited to check this out later - the Patch saving is one of the big features here because you can access the hidden parameter, make sounds that aren’t possible on the face of the device and then lock them in as presets (either on iPad or the UNO itself). But being able to store extra patches on the iPad and NAME them is pretty big for power users.

For sure! We would have liked to release it earlier in August but there were a few things we had to make sure were running better than they were at that time so we took the time to refine things. Thank you for your patience on this.

• Okay, I hooked up the editor on both iPad and my PC. It works great! And you can save, store, and rename patches, and then save those as "banks", which is basically just the full set of 100 patches currently loaded (21-100 are editable, 1-20 are factory and cannot be overwritten).

One cool thing for iOS users is that you can work on patches on desktop and then export them to iPad by emailing, Dropbox-ing, whatever the .unosyp.

@Samu - I'm going through and creating a factory bank with cheesy names for each patch that I come up with. I can send one to you later if it's done. But if there is a way to do a factory reset, the easiest option would just be to save a bank of whatever you've currently worked on, do the reset, and then save that bank.

Of course, in the future, it would easier if the app itself allowed

By the way the, you have to update to version 1.1.1 of the Firmware or the editor will not work. And the change list for this firmware has some clever changes and additions! (Check out the one at the bottom for assigning full ADSR to the dashboard controls!) (Also, velocity!)

This version of the Firmware lets UNO Synth communicate with the UNO Synth Editor.
    Implementation of improved MIDI Routing.
    The new implementation of the MIDI Routing opens the MIDI USB OUT port and updates management of MIDI messages sent and received by the Synth.
    Introduces the MIDI INTERFACE MODE, which allows users to enable or disable the routing from the USB IN to the DIN OUT and the DIN IN to the USB OUT.
    When a preset has been modified, the right dot of the display lights up, to indicate that the preset has been modified and not saved. As soon as the preset is saved, the dot will disappear.
    Added velocity to VCA parameters via MIDI CC.
    Added recording of velocity in the Step Sequencer.
    Velocity is recorded when using realtime recording mode and an external controller or keyboard.
    New SysEX messages added (setup mode):
    MIDI Interface Mode ON (default) - F0 00 21 1A 02 01 21 00 0B 01 F7
    MIDI Interface Mode OFF - F0 00 21 1A 02 01 21 00 0B 00 F7
    Send Program Change ON - F0 00 21 1A 02 01 21 00 08 01 F7
    Send Program Change OFF (default) -F0 00 21 1A 02 01 21 00 08 00 F7
    Added Easter Egg:
    Hold ENV to assign full Amp ADSR to the 4 knobs of the matrix
    Hold FILTER to assign full Filter ADSR to the 4 knobs of the matrix

• @StormJH1 I've update mine to 1.1.1 since the editor won't otherwise work properly.

The 'Midi Soft Thru' was causing head-aches in earlier version of the firmware (1.0.2) and was not possible to cure with the SysEX dumps. Thankfully 1.1.1 fixed that!

The 'envelope easter egg' was a nice find. I do wonder if there's even more hiding in there?

Regarding the 'Triangle Wave' when hooked to an oscilloscope (ApeMatrix) it looks more like the 'shark tooth'?!
    Wonder if this is 'by design' to give an unique touch to the UNO?

It doesn't bother me but a 'clean' triangle wave would have given the low end more boost without having to filter it down, no biggie, just wondering if it's only my unit?!

And well, I had to 'bend' the UNO a bit so it doesn't wiggle on the table :D

This is the first patch I actually saved when the editor dropped...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ci2qee2b3xkxuy/StrongPWM.unosyp?dl=0