Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Electribe Wave / Launchpad track - Ganga man Tune -- I made the Top 10 on Choon :)

edited August 2018 in Creations

Made this while messing with and learning the new Electribe Wave app (this is also posted in the Electribe thread so if you may have already listened through).
I made a track in the Electribe Wave song mode which is pretty much a single 4 bar loop with various mutes applied, loaded some vocal samples into Launchpad via blocs wave, loaded Electribe and Launchpad into AUM, hit record, single take, it worked like a charm, and by using MIDI Sync was able to start electribe playback form the LP hardware. I didn't experience a single issue while doing this, which tbh is not normally the case when using iOS stuff.

Here is the result.

https://choon.co/tracks/0c2d3sg2jsb/ganga-man-tune

Comments

• :o .... I made the Top 10 on choon...Big thanks to everyone who has listened B)

• Are you posting your links anywhere else but here?

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Are you posting your links anywhere else but here?

On here and on twitter and Instagram, not many followers though so I suspect most plays are coming from here :)

• Yeah man! Good one!!

• Good one, Andy. Made me smile. How many plays does that #9 slot represent?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Good one, Andy. Made me smile. How many plays does that #9 slot represent?

450 in a single day, not massive in the grand scheme but a record for me, never had that many plays in total for any track, let alone in one day :)

• That's great. Keep on going!

• It may be possible for us as a group to pick a single tune by one of our members and play the hell out of it on a pre-arranged day in order to get it into the top tracks list. That would raise the profile of that individual and increase the likelihood of that and their other tracks being played by non forum members. We could then move on to another member’s track and do it all again.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    It may be possible for us as a group to pick a single tune by one of our members and play the hell out of it on a pre-arranged day in order to get it into the top tracks list. That would raise the profile of that individual and increase the likelihood of that and their other tracks being played by non forum members. We could then move on to another member’s track and do it all again.

Would probably be regarded as chart rigging, a practise as old as the hills. Seeing as this is a public forum, it wouldn't take long to be exposed........... B)

• edited September 2018

It wouldn’t need to happen here. A private facebook group would be more suitable. Plus it would only be once per individual, to get their profile noticed, so it would not be a repeated pattern for any one artist.

• We’re kind of doing it anyway, but not in a coordinated or efficient fashion. As long as nobody gets paid to listen/stream, I don’t think it’s really an issue.

• Congrats @AndyPlankton for making the top 10. Well deserved IMHO.
    Listening to the playlist again after getting back from holiday and have to say that there is a lot of talented musicians using IOS. Loved your GangaManTune btw!

• Congrats @AndyPlankton :)

I’ve listened to many of your tunes over the last couple of years and this one is probably my least favourite lol - just shows how out of sync with many people’s taste I am ;)

• hey, I know nothing about Choon, but I am now motivated to go take a look. I used to be on the charts back in the day on mp3.com. Ive sorely missed having a platform that big to post tracks on. I used to get thousands of plays a day. Can anyone tell me if there are any sites that even come close to that these days? The last one I know of, which was a poor replacement and died before it got any real traction, was garageband.com I can't wait for the day another site gets as huge as mp3.com was. I was on cloud nine and my life has never been the same since the record companies sued them and shut them down.

• Thank you all for your kind comments. Means more than you may realise. Not many lights left, this is one.

• Awesome track! :smile: Need to take a trip to the beach listening to this :wink:

• Ya but will you remember us when you make it real big :)
    Congrats!