Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

t “Reasonasis” not “Figure #2

edited August 2018 in Other

They could have made a Cubasis alternative w your A list guitars and drums, scales and chords, drum sequencer, Europa, etc.. This is like a Red colored better sounding “Figure” w packs. Is this gonna go “Alihoopla” too?
C’mon... Or how bout an alternative product at least ?

Comments

• Alihoopia are already advertising it as Alihoopa fitted.

• This is not a propellerhead forum. Just in case there is a missunderstanding. Better contact them via their website or twitter if you want to give feedback.

• I modified my post . If I’m in violation of Forum protocol I’ll delete the post entirely except I don’t know how to do it .

• Personally I like the approach they have taken. Shows that they understand mobile UI. The Europa synth sounds great and, from other sources on the forum, apparently they are going to be adding more stuff over time.

• I know they’re listening . It just reminds me too much of the “Figire“ approach, that’s all.

• So here’s the thing: Propellerheads isn’t a mega-corporation with an unlimited R&D budget, and they’re not a tiny developer who can work a day job and spend years polishing their passion project in the evenings. They recently got external funding, which gives them a bit more runway, but they still keep the lights on and pay their employees with the revenue that their products generate. When you’re in that situation, it’s incredibly risky to throw a ton of development behind a full feature set. They’ve released a minimum viable product just like most medium-sized software developers would do.

What they’ve given us is a powerful synth with a rather-good touch UI (aside from excessive menu scrolling) AND the promise of future expansions. I realize that they’re entering a crowded market with an underwhelming product, but they’re in a unique position to make this truly great very quickly. For $0 up front and an amazing long term value proposition (especially if you use Reason on desktop), you’d be a fool to give up on it just because it doesn’t grant your every wish on day one.

That said, it wasn’t exactly a smooth launch, what with the login troubles, dead IAP links, and not showing up in App Store searches... but I’ll certainly keep an eye on this.

• Yeah, I was kinda disappointed at first, but when I think of it in other ways (like @jrjulius said above) it kinda makes sense and I relax knowing it’s not costing me anything (as yet).

Will just keep my eye on it and hope it goes better places than SKram did :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Will just keep my eye on it and hope it goes better places than SKram did :)

:lol: agreed

• Would have could have should have ya ya just give it a rest and be thankful :)

• There are only 2 conditions that I would give money to Propellerheads:

1 Recycle for iOS
    2 Reason gadgets in Gadget to compliment the half cooked Stockholm

• I wonder if they have more of a feature set developed and pretty much working, waiting to be released in chunks, or if they literally just made what we see and planned on winging it. I hope it’s the former

• I get the feeling that the Marketing loonies came up with the Reason Lite giveaway and needed something to attach it to to get some attention. I'm also betting that Product Management was going' "no, not yet, we're not ready yet!!"

• @sch said:
    I get the feeling that the Marketing loonies came up with the Reason Lite giveaway and needed something to attach it to to get some attention. I'm also betting that Product Management was going' "no, not yet, we're not ready yet!!"

Looks that way.....

• There’s 2 other active topics. Do we really need another?

• @Rich303 said:
    There’s 2 other active topics. Do we really need another?

LOL and what’s up with the weird title?

• @sch said:
    I get the feeling that the Marketing loonies came up with the Reason Lite giveaway and needed something to attach it to to get some attention. I'm also betting that Product Management was going' "no, not yet, we're not ready yet!!"

It worked! I got it only for reason Lite, which is quite a generous offer for free btw.

• I for one enjoy having europa and reason lite for free. I think they’re being pretty generous...

• @pedro said:
    I for one enjoy having europa and reason lite for free. I think they’re being pretty generous...

Well Europa is not free , plus it’s a lite version of the desktop . Meaning you can’t take Europa patches from desktop and run them in the iOS version . (Like Thor does)

• @Korakios to be fair I downloaded but haven’t had a chance to try it yet... I’m underwhelmed as well, judging by comments, but it’s better than nothing, no?

• @pedro said:
    @Korakios to be fair I downloaded but haven’t had a chance to try it yet... I’m underwhelmed as well, judging by comments, but it’s better than nothing, no?

Well ,it depends! I couldn’t find a Reason to keep it :tongue:

Plus I already have Figure and GrooveBox ;)

• @Korakios I see what you did there ;)
    I’ve never been a heavy user of their ios apps, so I don’t have much of a say, but I’m a long time fan, ever since my beloved akai s1000 and recycle!
    I’m just glad they care enough to throw us a bone every now and then, even if they can’t afford to focus on iOS development much.
    At least that’s how I read this...

• edited August 2018

Dunno if it’s been posted yet, but an update has landed making it possibile to unlock finally.

Oh wait, never mind, the update straight up doesn’t work lol. Still unavailable!