Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Please! Something Better Than the JBL Charge 3!

I have been using the JBL Charge 3 for about a year. I got it because it is water resistant, I can charge it and use it off-grid, and it is a good size for my setup. The thing is though -- you know this if you own one -- some @$$hole decided to make a really annoying loud sound go off (no matter your volume setting) when you turn it on and when you turn it off. Booodeeeeleeeooooop! Idiots. So loud!

I want a second one so I can have a proper stereo field. They go on and off sale from time to time and they are on sale right now for another two days. But that annoying sound just sucks and I am OCD about my gear.

So while everyone is just gobbling up this stuff and drinking coolers and being annoying, you know there is some sly ass mofo out there who has way better speakers without the dumb sound. BTW I really don't care about bluetooth. I would rather just run the high quality audio cables.

So where do I get the better speakers and what are they called? They better be water resistant and chargeable.

Comments

• Fugoo is dope

• edited August 2018

@reasOne said:
    Fugoo is dope

your thumbnail is dope, I have that exact stand... turntable on it.
    how loud does the fugoo go?

• @reasOne said:
    Fugoo is dope

Yeah they seem okay. No leeps and bounds that I see. Was looking at the DemerBox. Trouble is, I need two of something so I can arrange them away from each other to create a stereo field. In this case the DemerBox is too big and too expensive to have 2.

• By sly ass mofo I mean dudes like this

• wow never heard of the deemerbox either, thanks

• @futureaztec said:
    I have been using the JBL Charge 3 for about a year. I got it because it is water resistant, I can charge it and use it off-grid, and it is a good size for my setup. The thing is though -- you know this if you own one -- some @$$hole decided to make a really annoying loud sound go off (no matter your volume setting) when you turn it on and when you turn it off. Booodeeeeleeeooooop! Idiots. So loud!

I want a second one so I can have a proper stereo field. They go on and off sale from time to time and they are on sale right now for another two days. But that annoying sound just sucks and I am OCD about my gear.

So while everyone is just gobbling up this stuff and drinking coolers and being annoying, you know there is some sly ass mofo out there who has way better speakers without the dumb sound. BTW I really don't care about bluetooth. I would rather just run the high quality audio cables.

So where do I get the better speakers and what are they called? They better be water resistant and chargeable.

I know what you mean about the noise. I use a jbl speaker in classes, and it’s really annoying having the noise come on in front of 40 students. Some will inevitably start imitating it, which is funny the first couple of times I guess. There’s also an annoying lag with the sound starting, which means you can often miss the first couple of seconds of the recording. Useless addition of stress, really. They do look good, though, so that’s something.

• edited August 2018

@purpan2 said: Useless addition of stress, really.

My theory is that some rich persons kid had a job at JBL. Like, "Jimmy here will be designing the power indicator sounds." Then without any proper review, dude's dad just approves his idea and tells everyone on the team to go ahead. "Yeah, that sounds good Jimmy. Soon everyone will hear your sound design."

To anyone thinking of buying one, see if you can turn it on and off in the store. Enjoy how the power down sound is different from the power up sound. Bip pip peeeewwwwww!

If someone had some way to hack the circuit board and it took days and days to do the job with a big risk of destroying the speaker, I would totally be up for it.

• This guy is imho no 1 source for Bluetooth speakers reviews. But be aware, it's a deep rabbit hole... 😄 https://www.youtube.com/user/clavinetjunkie

• QTX pal 10.

• Have you looked into the Denon DSB-250BT? It's an amazing sounding speaker for the price and you can add another to make a truly flexible and wireless stereo solution.

• @amigomatt said:
    Have you looked into the Denon DSB-250BT? It's an amazing sounding speaker for the price and you can add another to make a truly flexible and wireless stereo solution.

"The speaker has a few flaws such as increased battery drainage when on full volume, and how the speaker needs to be placed on full volume for best audio quality while music volume is controlled by your phone or laptop or whatever. As mentioned below in the Q&A, the battery does not hold charge as well as other speakers while not in use, which is a little annoying." - From the website.

That's a red flag. I need to maximize this where possible because I am working off-grid. The sound quality has a good reputation though.

• @Turntablist said:
    QTX pal 10.

Too big for my needs.

• @futureaztec said:

@reasOne said:
    Fugoo is dope

Yeah they seem okay. No leeps and bounds that I see. Was looking at the DemerBox. Trouble is, I need two of something so I can arrange them away from each other to create a stereo field. In this case the DemerBox is too big and too expensive to have 2.

You can link two fugoos and they are water friendly, also on sale rn if you end up digging it

• @kobamoto said:

@reasOne said:
    Fugoo is dope

your thumbnail is dope, I have that exact stand... turntable on it.
    how loud does the fugoo go?

Thanks man ! I use this that stand upstairs to escape the studio... And she's pretty loud imo

• edited August 2018

I'm not sure if it works for you,I use the AKAI ABTS-22,it has 2 inch horns and a 4 inch woofer on the back,11W total power,sounds dry as fuck,but that's what I need to make my beats on the go.Got it for 50 euro.
    You can go even higher with the ABTS 28.They are not water resistant as I know and they have the shape of a barrel,but do they sound good?For the price...hell yes!

• @JohnEcho said: I use the AKAI....

I have not been happy with the Akai products I have purchased or tested. Can't find this product on their website....

• For some reason I find it only in Greek stores too...But I really have been satisfied with AKAI,they make good gear.

• Following this thread, I need a decent portable speaker that is still loud enough to fill a medium sized conference room.

• I like the similar-sized Sony speakers. I have an old SRS X3. It sounds great. You can only expect so much from a pair of 2" tweeters... but it will fill a room easily.

Sony isn't selling my SRS-X3 anymore but the SRS-XB30 is the newer model, and it is waterproof. If I were in the market I would be looking at those.