Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finally Ableton app for iOS (not really)

Comments

• I smell a rickroll @wim :)

• I could never figure out the humor with this video. Maybe I’m too dumb... 😳

• edited September 2019

You're bad bad bad person :))) are you aware you can cause heart attack with this link to some people here ? :))))))

Great yoke btw :trollface:

@AudioGus said:

aaa this reminded me old good "Another World" game, going to download it right now (it's available on iOS !)

• @Nubus said:
    So it's BS?

Lame thread.

Around the time I posted it was some secrecy about new app coming to iOS but time gone and I never heard a clue... @Samu @jakoB_haQ what was that game changer app you kept secretly? Or it wasn’t released yet?

OTOH someone in the forum shared a workaround to map any midi controller (or hid) to touch/gesture so if someone needs clip launching audio/midi app then garageband live loops could do the trick with some working...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

Around the time I posted it was some secrecy about new app coming to iOS but time gone and I never heard a clue... @Samu @jakoB_haQ what was that game changer app you kept secretly? Or it wasn’t released yet?

I have no clues really.
    The only app that I'm testing now that I see (for me personally) to be a big step forwards starts D and ends with BO.
    Some upcoming apps require NDAs which I will NOT sign, some have sand those will likely not even post a reply here.

It's easy to start speculating based on a few known details and blow everything out of proportion so l'd rather not go there.

It's a quite safe bet that we'll see incremental updates to the bigger apps we already have.
    They may not include our entire 'wish-lists' at once and progress can sometimes be painfully slow...

For me it's always fun with surprises even though it triggers the app-o-holisim which I'm trying to get rid of.

I just do hope that if or when we get something like Live that it won't be subscription based...

• Or Stagelight, with no tricks needed, but with some limitations.

• edited September 2019

Thanks @Samu
    I don’t expect NDA break but if there is something in betatest (or in the workings) just a plain yes (like you did) will be enough almost for me.

@wim yes but it still not have midi learn for note input, right? Most of foot controllers work with those so clip recording/launching is also limited (but the trick will work for stagelight too)

As time goes we need AbletiOS less and less... for my needs GTL or BlocsWave are even better due I don’t need all features from Ableton at the same time but getting extra features not used in the background it’s a no go for me. Also is less risky to go with just an iPhone to gigs (or digitech trio+)

• After all this time....I still get a semi and then cry in the corner with the thread title...

• @dendy said:

You're bad bad bad person :))) are you aware you can cause heart attack with this link to some people here ? :))))))

Great yoke btw :trollface:

@AudioGus said:

aaa this reminded me old good "Another World" game, going to download it right now (it's available on iOS !)

Hehe, classic game! Wuchangah!

• edited September 2019

Ableton will be busy adding stuff to V10 for the next few years unless they drastically change strategy.

We have Project Export in quite a few apps so it’s already on iOS in a roundabout way.

• Been spending too much time with Live Lite on my MacBook Air and...
    ...seriously I will pay premium to get it on iPadOS when ever it drops...

• The beta is amazing @Samu

• @Samu said:
    Been spending too much time with Live Lite on my MacBook Air and...

Cant see ableton paying apple 30 percent any time soon.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

30% of £0 is £0.

• @klownshed said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

30% of £0 is £0.

Indeed

• This thread needs to be burned for how manny times it has burned me

• The title is a bit misleading for sure.

Here I am again bumping it again though 🤦‍♂️

Fake news
    Witch-hunt
    In the year 2525
    Etc

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    The title is a bit misleading for sure.

Here I am again bumping it again though 🤦‍♂️

Fake news
    Witch-hunt
    In the year 2525
    Etc

It's going to get bumped until we have an app on our devices ;)

• I’m afraid I’m going to have to delete the internet. You’ve left me with no choice here @Samu

Will hold off until Tuesday evening to give people a chance to download their photos and apps from the clouds.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I’m afraid I’m going to have to delete the internet. You’ve left me with no choice here @Samu

>

That's perfectly ok with me LOL :D

Will hold off until Tuesday evening to give people a chance to download their photos and apps from the clouds.

Why wait until Tuesday?

Seriously though it feels like there is no real pressure on anyone to deliver anything serious as long as we keep on accepting the situation as it is...

• Ableton Project Export and Link make iOS and Live an amazing tag team.

Don’t forget that Max/MSP is built into the framework of Live. Porting that would be a gigantic task and they are advertising vacancies for the Hardware department. 10 will get many updates before 11 appears.

Just being realistic here!

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@Samu said:
    Seriously though it feels like there is no real pressure on anyone to deliver anything serious as long as we keep on accepting the situation as it is...

Huh? So chattering about it on an obscure (to Ableton I’m guessing) little corner of the internet is going to cause a company with a successful business model, to pull resources off their bread and butter product, or invest in additional resources for a couple of years into a platform where the price model means a return on investment of less than 10% of their other resource investments?

No, Ableton will change direction if the market dynamics change drastically enough to justify the expense, or they begin to lose market share to some other developer who miraculously delivers on an iOS product that begins to eat up their desktop profits, or somehow their desktop products begin to become irrelevant by being overshadowed by the momentum of the iOS platform for music makers.

Sure, it’s all fun to talk about, but c’mon. We’re taking ourselves way too seriously if we think we have any ability to influence this situation by blabbering on about here. :D

On the other hand, we might inspire the next Rim, Lars, Blip, or some such to make something awesome! B)

• @wim said:

On the other hand, we might inspire the next Rim, Lars, Blip, or some such to make something awesome! B)

We always have hope...

Still I can't help to think about the all the awesome stuff that could be made for iOS considering all the amazing talent that is out there :)

What ever happened to ModStep and the audio clips?!

And who knows maybe there's already a lot of investment going on behind the scenes locked behind NDAs...

• @Samu said:

@wim said:

We always have hope...

Still I can't help to think about the all the awesome stuff that could be made for iOS considering all the amazing talent that is out there :)

What ever happened to ModStep and the audio clips?!

And who knows maybe there's already a lot of investment going on behind the scenes locked behind NDAs...

Heh. Love the optimism! (Seriously)
    But ... do let us know if you’re successful in getting Michael to change your forum handle to @pollyana. o:)

tja and I are vying for @eeyore. :D

• Thanks to the person who changed the title. You made me hit once again my own topic but almost this time I didn’t get trolled by myself.
    :smiley:

• Omg Ableton live just didn’t announce their new iOS daw!!

• edited September 2019

#

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    The beta is amazing @Samu

What’s new in the beta? I’m a tester but haven’t had the time to keep up.

• Apple Watch support

Someone delete me 🤦‍♂️