Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason Compact from Propellerhead software

Comments

• @david_2017 : Under what FB page?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @david_2017 : Under what FB page?

Sorry - I edited my post because the link didn’t work.

• @gusgranite said:

@lasselu said:
    Installed...and deleted right away. Asking for my e-mail is a no-no. :/

The email gets you a copy of Reason Lite whatever that gives you?

I don't care. Asking for my e-mail and not letting me use the app without me entering it is, as I said, no-no for me.

• I’ll hold off. Looking forward to Props getting more involved but really just want an easy-peasy way to share work done here with work there (desktop). I’ll watch by the sidelines for a bit.

• Free copy of Reason Lite!? Nice!!

• @dedko said:
    Free copy of Reason Lite!? Nice!!

I mean, especially if you're considering getting Reason, using the upgrade path from Reason Lite / Essentials whatever is not a bad way to go. I got my upgrade from whatever I got buying the Nanokey Studio. This is getting something for nothing, really... again, especially if you're thinking of picking up Reason.

• @dedko said:

Mighty nice...

• edited August 2018

They should have released Europa for iOS and to celebrate they could have updated Thor with au compatibility. What I really want is Grain vst/iOS but I never get what I want from Propellerhead.....ahem a sampler that can time stretch in Reason. Be careful with that free copy of reason lite, it could be a powerful gateway drug that takes your money and sucks away all of your time.

• @lasselu said:

@gusgranite said:

@lasselu said:
    Installed...and deleted right away. Asking for my e-mail is a no-no. :/

The email gets you a copy of Reason Lite whatever that gives you?

I don't care. Asking for my e-mail and not letting me use the app without me entering it is, as I said, no-no for me.

You can use it without signing up.

• @Jocphone said:

How?

• edited August 2018

Is there seriously no MIDI in?

• @dedko said:

Ableton did give away also a lite version with certain apps last year if I recall it correctly you could get it with Gadget, TriqTraq and Patterning. So giving away lite version with iOS app is not a totally new business strategy.

• @jolico said:

@Jocphone said:

How?

I must be going screwy. I played with it on my phone this morning. Clicked on 'not now' or something similar. Couldn't login because the login button doesn't enable when I put my details. Now I can't get in at all..

• @dedko said:

I upgraded from the Limited edition to the full version of Reason for 99 euros earlier this year and haven’t looked back so it’s worth looking at if you intend to grab the full version at some point. They seem to drop the price 2 to 3 times a year.

• What a stupid name they chose. Deleted after leaving a 2 star review ...

• @RajahP said:

@dedko said:

Mighty nice...

That's neat really...
    The last 'Reason' version I registered/bought was 2.5.
    Logged into my Propellerheads account and Lite was added there too, nice! :)

• If this hopefully becomes a little more fleshed out I would totally get back into desktop DAW land via this app. Figure is cool, but I was pretty crestfallen when I realized that you could only pick up a flat wave file. Exporting midi data and patches from the app to the desktop version would be HUGE. I know other DAWs already have stuff like this but for people who wanna use Reason this is great

• edited August 2018

The Chorder is really hard to read on this app due to the GUI colours. Hope they change that.

• edited August 2018

Chord mode is legit. Nice voice leading, spread, number of notes options, very simple and nice. Assuming this develops into more, i can definitely have some fun

• I don’t mean to be excessively negative, but just to share my thoughts, I basically don’t want to buy anything that is a stripped down version of something cool.

There’s always that unsatisfying feeling of “almost but not quite”. And with the embarrassment of riches in this market, I don’t feel compelled to get anything that’s less than the full thing.

I think iOS musicians may do more good in the long run by rejecting this approach than entertaining it. If it’s successful (this approach), we’ll see more like it, and fewer developers will push for the full thing.

• edited August 2018

I love Reason, I love the concept, and I’m willing to stick it out for a bit while they expand the sound palette, but I can’t log in on an iPhone 6 — when I enter my Props account details, the login button stays inactive. Has anyone encountered/found a fix for this?

—- Edit: got it working. I’m not sure which part of this did the trick, but I tried to create a new account with my old details, then I followed the link they gave in the error message. Then I manually typed in my username and a fake password, and THEN I used the built in iOS password manager to enter my real details. At some point during that process, the login button activated. —-

From the screenshots, it looks like Props is giving us the full-ish feature set of Europa with the touchscreen friendliness of Figure. If they continue on this path and add more instruments, they’ll offer the perfect mobile DAW: sound design comparable to Gadget with controllability comparable to GarageBand. That’s the optimist in me speaking.

• If you have Thor go to it now and pretend it just got released today :)

• Midi, AUv3, Initialize patch.......and thet can keep those sound packs.
    I got faith.

• Just watched a bit of Doug's vid and the sound is groovy.

• I guess the IAP to unlock 'Europa' in this Compact thing will land at $9.99(109SEK was shown in HaQ's video).

Sure I downloaded Reason Lite that was added to my Propellherheads account but 109SEK for a synth locked inside a bad Auxy knock-off? No thanks...

• Haven't read this whole thread yet but this quote from the app store interests me in particular ...
    • Export your ideas and finalize them on your desktop with Reason 10
    So ... can you start an idea in this app and easily send to Reason on the desktop? Anyone try this yet?

• https://help.propellerheads.se/hc/en-us/articles/360008599673-Why-are-there-no-drums-in-Reason-Compact

They plan adding drums and more stuff. If it’s true I really hope it’s the Kong module .
    For now I’ll just wait and watch ....