Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason Compact from Propellerhead software

Comments

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

You can send the project over to the desktop to open in Reason 10 or use the 'cloud stuff' once signed in...

Oh ok, that’s cool.

Just deleted if from my iPad. Don't see any point in keeping it there for the time being...

It looks like a Poundshop version of Auxy type stuff, which I really don’t need. The connectivity with the desktop version is interesting though, as that’s my main DAW at the moment.

I’ll download it later and see how it works.

• @nrgb said:

Right, hmmm...oh dear.

Looks like a cash cow container for selling sound packs.

• @Samu said:
    I'll be harsh and just delete it right now...
    In it's current state it's just upsetting annoying p.o.s. The props can do better I know, this is just bad in so many ways...

When Samu gives the marching orders... you leave ..... and don’t forget your jacket!👨🏻‍✈️

• @robosardine said:

@Samu said:
    I'll be harsh and just delete it right now...
    In it's current state it's just upsetting annoying p.o.s. The props can do better I know, this is just bad in so many ways...

When Samu gives the marching orders... you leave ..... and don’t forget your jacket!👨🏻‍✈️

Don't get me wrong I like the 'Europa Synth' but not when it packaged like this.
    From what I could see there was an IAP to unlock parts of it but it was not available, none of the IAPs were.

And the 'swipe ui' was/is very buggy, too easy to scroll left & right when trying to change a parameter, maybe the 'idea' here is to just swipe up/down but what good would the 'Thor Like' lines be if it's only up down without pan/scrolling the whole UI??

I may install it at later point but for now it stays off my iPad...

• @MonzoPro said:

@nrgb said:

Right, hmmm...oh dear.

Bingo...

I'm happy HaQ's in the video, that dude always makes me smile :D

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

@nrgb said:

Right, hmmm...oh dear.

Bingo...

I'm happy HaQ's in the video, that dude always makes me smile :D

Yes- it’s always good to know that you can rely on impartial reviews... it was good of Jacob to give up his time for this.

• Here is my impartial review

• I was on the beta for this but gave up after a couple of updates I pointed out the similarities with Groovebox with them and realised it was just going to be a preset pack seller.

They should’ve just released Europa as an AU; it would’ve smashed everything out of the park. Definitely a massively missed opportunity.

• @Beathoven said:

They should’ve just released Europa as an AU; it would’ve smashed everything out of the park. Definitely a massively missed opportunity.

+1 I mean even if I wanted to unlock Europa in this Reson Compact it's not avail for IAP at the moment...
    It's easy enough to render out *.wav so it might find so use.

iOS Europa Standalone & AUv3 (with user sample import) and I'm in for $29.99 no questions asked...

• It’s good to see Propellerheads testing the iOS waters again. Doesn’t surprise me that they pushed out Europa as it been their big billing the last six months coming out as a vst and in the cloud as a browser instrument.

I don’t think the big companies Propellerheads, Ableton etc are gonna give us their full on DAWs on iOS anytime soon it’s better for them to make apps that get first time musicians into their ecosystem.

I think we get cut down Hybrid versions of the full on DAW that this app could grow into for making stems to then transfer via cloud over to the desktop version for further editing. They all want us to buy in to their ecosystem.

I should imagine we see more instruments, players, etc appear in this app over time. This is them starting basic, aiming to get people who are new to music making into their ecosystem and products.

Time will tell.

• When I saw the title "Reason Compact"... I really thought (& hoped) it was going to be a scaled down version there DAW?... B) ...But its Europa synth instead.... Just slightly disappointed... :( :'( … But a good sounding synth by all means.... Also, so is there other synth, "Thor"....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • https://www.propellerheads.se/reason-compact

It looks like it’s probably been released half cocked as all the extra packs and full control IAP are not yet available. Their site suggests they should be. Should imagine we see a update later today.

• I heard it’s Apple causing the IAP delay not Propellerheads so take it back about being half cocked.

• MIDI support is so overrated, I’m glad that they’ve summoned Apple-like courage to ditch it.

Interesting anti-halo effect of using the Reason name.

Treason Compact.

• @Samu said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I’ll have a video live in a bit, don’t get too excited

Looking forward to it, hope this is not the 'game changer' that was hiding behind the NDA :D

I am getting a feeling that this is the 'compact' version.... :p

• I’m thinking to myself, “don’t say anything if you can’t say anything nice...” lol

• @gusgranite said:
    I’m thinking to myself, “don’t say anything if you can’t say anything nice...” lol

"I love the name; so full of promise and positive connotations!"

• On the App Store it says “Start for free and then add things as you need to” or something to that effect so I expect to see some cool stop via iapp’s.

• It does sound good

• edited August 2018

• Can it drum?
    Bummer. I wished for a Europa AU synth.
    You never get what you wished for... someone will get happy with that (i guess)

• edited August 2018

Conversation with the developer on FB. Can’t see how to share the FB post. It’s on iOS Musicians.

• edited August 2018

Won’t work with iPhone that link. Stupid Facebook want to install the app instead of releasing the links content

• Installed...and deleted right away. Asking for my e-mail is a no-no. :/

• @lasselu said:
    Installed...and deleted right away. Asking for my e-mail is a no-no. :/

The email gets you a copy of Reason Lite whatever that gives you?

• @lasselu : Wuuuut? Wow