Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IDAM and effects / bidirectional audio

Hi all, I have been using Inter-Device Audio and MIDI for a while now between my iPhone 8+/IPad Mini 4 and my Mac.

I use IDAM for all sorts of iOS synths and samplers etc, but since the audio isn’t bidirectional - it only runs from the iOS device to the Mac - I’m wondering how I could set up my iOS devices to send audio back and forth so as to use effects seamlessly, for example.

Shall I try a third-party solution such as StudioMUX? I also have an iConnectMIDI2+ but would need a lightning to USB-B cable in order to use it with modern devices (it shipped with a 30-pin connector).

Comments

• How do you mean, "use effects seamlessly"? I'm picturing, say, Moog Model 15 sending audio from your mini to your Mac. If you want to add, say, delay, can you not either add that in the DAW on your Mac or from AUM?
    I'm sure I'm missing something, but I'd love to learn what the difficulty is.

• Tell me if this is a thread hijack:

If you had a USB hub and plugged in an iPad, an iPhone, say a Circuit or a Digitakt, would all these show up as discrete tracks in Logic, for instance?

• @isotropic Hi i use often the iPad as an effect stompbox (flux, Turnado, …). Apps-vst (midi io for example) are not reliable imho (crashes, latency) but Iconnectmidi2+ is just perfect for that including adding tracks directly from ipad instruments. Just buy the adaptator?