Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi knob box?

Looking for a compact midi knob box.
Similar to novation launch control (no need for buttons)
Similar to midi knob fighter (a bit over priced imo)
Suggestions?

Comments

• edited August 2018

Well the midi fighters are awesome. Worth the cash. I got the button version, always makes me wanna join a street fighter 2 competition with it 🙂

• edited August 2018

Do you have both an iPad and an iPhone? You could try using knob lab from your phone with a usb midi cable or bluetooth to your iPad. You could also use it with Wifi or on the same device even. I think it's a brilliant piece of kit:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/knob-lab-midi-controller-by-sonic-logic/id727466234?mt=8

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is what I’ll indubitably utilise my Novation Circuit for, ultimately, I suspect.

• @d4d0ug said:
    I bought a cheap phat-boy from eBay. 13 knobs and 5 pin din. Works nice tho.

Phat boys are awesome!! I always wanted one (back in the day when they were made). :smile:

• PC4 - Pot controller 167 Euro (excl. VAT)

The device has 24 standard pots with rubber knobs designed in a 4 x 6 matrix. Various kinds of midi commands like control change, pitchbend and program change are possible.

Of course you can assign the pots to any of these commands by learning incoming midi commands like software it does. The pots work with standard resolution of 7 bit to have full compatibility to any software and hardware instruments, effects and DAW’s. Use the internal 16 setups to save your individual settings. Backup and restore of all settings by sysex dumps is possible too.

The factory settings are perfect to control music and video software products out of the box if they are freely assignable. So any additional device programming isn’t necessary for many applications.

A special feature is the switchable snap function for all pots. This simple function is very rare on standard midi controllers with pots. It avoids possible annoying value jumps.

Three switchable midi routings makes the unit much more flexible for complex midi setups.

Simultaneous control of external gear and software instruments is no problem for the PC4 due to the available USB and MIDI ports.

• @breilly said:
    Similar to novation launch control (no need for buttons)

For the size/price (used at least), I bet you can come up with a use for the buttons. A little larger, even more buttons you prolly don't need but a little more full featured would be a used beatstep (non-pro).

• @audiblevideo said:
    knobby

😆😆that was 3 controllers, 2 hardware synths, and a few other pieces of gear ago.

• @breilly said:

@audiblevideo said:
    knobby

😆😆that was 3 controllers, 2 hardware synths, and a few other pieces of gear ago.

😱

• Beatstep is pretty good. It has knobs and buttons.

• An old M-audio Uc-16 with a makeover and stand , works a treat ;)

• edited August 2018

@AndyPawlak said:
    An old M-audio Uc-16 with a makeover and stand , works a treat ;)

Quite the hobbyest aren't you <3
    Ya made me troll through ebay for one.

• @AndyPawlak said:

Wow very Nice👌🏼! Had a uc33 a ways back when using mac n ableton. Luv’d it

• @breilly said:

@AndyPawlak said:

The uc33e is actually class compliant. When I first got the mini 4 a few years ago, I tried plugging in all my MIDI controllers and that one surprisingly worked. Bulky as heck though. I'm using twin Launch Control XLs. That Faderfox looks pretty nice. It would fit nicely on my desk. A bit expensive though.

• @audiblevideo said:

@AndyPawlak said:

Quite the hobbyest aren't you <3
    Ya made me troll through ebay for one.

I like your style 🤠

• @breilly said:

@AndyPawlak said:

Cheers man,
    Yea sometimes we forget just how good older gear is . Dig them out and spruce them up
    And you have something unique. 👊🏼

• @chisel316 said:

@breilly said:

@AndyPawlak said:

The uc33e is actually class compliant. When I first got the mini 4 a few years ago, I tried plugging in all my MIDI controllers and that one surprisingly worked. Bulky as heck though. I'm using twin Launch Control XLs. That Faderfox looks pretty nice. It would fit nicely on my desk. A bit expensive though.

Yea the 16 just worked straight away , class compliant I guess ⚡️

• @mistercharlie said:
    Beatstep is pretty good. It has knobs and buttons.

...but the knobs smell like marmite!