Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Do I need it? Nah, but it's Klevgrand so here's my support dollars.

• When I need a surgical mastering EQ, I go to Pro-Q2. When I need a bread-and-butter all-rounder, Goto has literally been my goto since I first received the beta. I can quickly dial in what I need without any fuss, and it sounds f-ckin bonzer. ;) Very "musical" sounding in other words.

• Oh right - "look Ma, no subscription". :lol:

• edited August 2018

Meh, I dunno... don’t need any more EQ.

The last couple of Klevgrand apps kind fell short on the functionality I was hoping for considering the price. And, I’ve got 4 Klevgrand apps that haven’t even had a maintenance update in over a year.

Think I’m gonna pass this time, but good luck with the launch.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Oh right - "look Ma, no subscription". :lol:

Can you explain what the 'dyn att' (dynamic attenuation, I assume) knobs do? I've noticed a kind of smoothing effect using them for the first time a little bit ago, but the manual isn't up yet?

• This is gonna be $20? Interesting.

• @oat_phipps said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Can you explain what the 'dyn att' (dynamic attenuation, I assume) knobs do? I've noticed a kind of smoothing effect using them for the first time a little bit ago, but the manual isn't up yet?

It means IMO that those two mid band can act as band compressors rather than static eq

• here ( below) is a link to some blah blah on the original Pultec things and how it works and who loves ‘em ,
    4 grand for an original or 300 quid for a Klark Teknik ‘homage’ , so £10 doesn’t seem so bad.. I am vaguely interested in this but the demo A/B tracks on klevgr’s site don’t really sell it. might be too subtle for the likes of i & i? maybe the only way to really hear its magic is to buy it or download the windows demo? anyway, i will look closer at Bark Filter again before weighing it up. and already that’s more personal detail than any of you wanted! :)

https://vintageking.com/blog/2017/11/pultec-bf/

• I like Klev and a tenner (dollar-wise) for the one-stop AU EQ answer seems like a good bet (for me). Let's hope it is (the answer :) )....

• @oat_phipps said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Looks like @gusgranite found the manual and confirmed what I thought - dynamic EQ sections. As far as I know, this is the first dynamic EQ function on the iOS AU market.

• So... between Pro-Q2 and GotoEQ, aside from the dynamic eq feature, is there anything goto does that could make it a contender at 1/3 the cost (for the moment)? I want to own one decent eq, and will prob eventually get proQ if it goes on sale, but curious about:

• cpu strain
    • use scenarios / functionality

Seems like two relatively expensive eq's just arrived, curious if one can cover the other one more or less, or not...

• Having owned a Langevin Pultec clone (no tubes, but Manley build quality) and a Tube Tech mid-range Pultec clone, and using the hardware versions in studios and the Universal Audio software versions for years, the Pultec sound is a beautiful thing. So, yes, I am now really excited about this EQ and, if it lives up to that heritage, even within spitting distance, it will indeed be my go to EQ.

• @mulletsaison said:
    Having owned a Langevin Pultec clone (no tubes, but Manley build quality) and a Tube Tech mid-range Pultec clone, and using the hardware versions in studios and the Universal Audio software versions for years, the Pultec sound is a beautiful thing. So, yes, I am now really excited about this EQ and, if it lives up to that heritage, even within spitting distance, it will indeed be my go to EQ.

Mate, let us know your thoughts after a test drive. Now I'm curious as to how GotoEQ will stack up against the "real thing".

• Any plans for a Universal release? :neutral:

• I like it, it's hard to make it sound bad, much like the DDMF

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mulletsaison said:
    Having owned a Langevin Pultec clone (no tubes, but Manley build quality) and a Tube Tech mid-range Pultec clone, and using the hardware versions in studios and the Universal Audio software versions for years, the Pultec sound is a beautiful thing. So, yes, I am now really excited about this EQ and, if it lives up to that heritage, even within spitting distance, it will indeed be my go to EQ.

Mate, let us know your thoughts after a test drive. Now I'm curious as to how GotoEQ will stack up against the "real thing".

Count me in on this request as well @mulletsaison I would love to hear where this app stands on the similarity spectrum. Particularly when boosting the top end.

I use the UAD Pultecs religiously in Logic so my curiosity warrants a comparison to those. Will report back if it’s worthwhile.

• edited August 2018

@Audiojunkie said:
    Any plans for a Universal release? :neutral:

Exactly my question. I was interested and then.... oh well. I have DDMF, which is universal (albeit with a meh UI for iPhone), and it sounds great. I don't NEED another EQ, but I was still interested!

• @brice said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mulletsaison said:

Count me in on this request as well @mulletsaison I would love to hear where this app stands on the similarity spectrum. Particularly when boosting the top end.

I use the UAD Pultecs religiously in Logic so my curiosity warrants a comparison to those. Will report back if it’s worthwhile.

yes please, if you get the chance do give a thumbs up or down, despite the plethora of eq choices this looks like a useful one and i’d like to ‘shack up’ with it whilst it‘s still half price
    ( the usual story )

• Dynamic eq is really useful, cool that this has it. But I wonder why it's iPad only? Hopefully they have plans to make it universal. Now with audio evolution mobile supporting iphone, I love the idea of being able to work on a mix on either device.

• First impression is very good on some beats I’m playing with. Nice effort with all the presets as well. I don’t have the experience to compare it with other Pultec tributes though (or the real thing!) so interested to hear further thoughts.

• edited August 2018

Pretty sure "introductional" pricing is a new concept... :wink:
    Ugh, I am so bad at using dial-based EQ's...sorry, no more needed for me after Pro-Q2. Good Dev, though, so good luck!

• @brice said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@mulletsaison said:

Yeah! Will do. Might take a couple of days to really put it through its paces; doing 12 hour days up in the oil sands of northern Canada (thankfully a data project and not actual oil field work) until Thursday.

Makes me question my priorities in life! o:) :(

• MG reviewed the desktop version.

• Can anyone explain what the idea behind boosting and attenuating the same frequency is ?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Can anyone explain what the idea behind boosting and attenuating the same frequency is ?

These amps go to 11.

• edited August 2018

Yeah, it’s one of those magical, musical accidents, like pressing all four ratio buttons on the 1176. As one of the posts on Gearslutz says, not intended to be used that way, but the curve it creates really seems to bring out the sweet spot on kick and bass on the low end, and the sparkle-without-harshness of electric guitar, piano, and some vox. Gotta carve out some time tonight to play around with it.

• @mulletsaison said:
    Yeah, it’s one of those magical, musical accidents, like pressing all four ratio buttons on the 1176. As one of the posts on Gearslutz says, not intended to be used that way, but the curve it creates really seems to bring out the sweet spot on kick and bass on the low end, and the sparkle-without-harshness of electric guitar, piano, and some vox. Gotta carve out some time tonight to play around with it.

any news?? did you get a chance to give it a whirl? is it up to snuff? or at least a useable approximation of the original pultec vibe?
    may go for this anyway just for the dynamic eq section..