Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Too bad Scythe has been abandoned. Import works but it is quite buggy.

Need a stable 16-part multitimbral wavetable synth with built-in sequencer, user wavetable import, modulation and multimode filter which is not AUv3 but can be used standalone with MIDI sequencers, as IAA or in Audiobus?
    I guess you already know what I'm talking about 😎

• @rs2000 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

Need a stable 16-part multitimbral wavetable synth with built-in sequencer, user wavetable import, modulation and multimode filter which is not AUv3 but can be used standalone with MIDI sequencers, as IAA or in Audiobus?

All hail Jim Pavlov!

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@rs2000 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

All hail Jim Pavlov!

🤝🎧😁

• edited March 2020

how do you get this thing to 8 bars? i can’t find the dang setting 🤷🏻‍♂️
    i’m stuck at 1

• @reasOne said:
    i’m stuck at 1

Tap on the pattern name and change the length...

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:
    i’m stuck at 1

Tap on the pattern name and change the length...

dang it hhaha that’s right!! it’s been a while since i’ve really used this... thank you man!

• @reasOne said:
    i’m stuck at 1

Tap in the center part of the window header where the pattern name is displayed. That pops up a panel that includes the pattern length.

• thanks esp! i totally forgot about that!

• @reasOne said:
    thanks esp! i totally forgot about that!

Haven't touched this in ages. Run to return to?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@reasOne said:

Run run run to this bliss filled wonder:

• @echoopera Thank you Dr. Opera. I think I will. Seem to have some time on my raw but perfectly clean hands at that...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @echoopera Thank you Dr. Opera. I think I will. Seem to have some time on my raw but perfectly clean hands at that...

But of course sir.

If the Devil makes work for idle hands, best to call upon the Angels to make it a heavenly experience.

• @echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @echoopera Thank you Dr. Opera. I think I will. Seem to have some time on my raw but perfectly clean hands at that...

But of course sir.

If the Devil makes work for idle hands, best to call upon the Angels to make it a heavenly experience.

So. Did have a good few fiddles. And it is such a clever nice little box. I suppose my question is one (I'm guessing) of the short-sightedness that a lack of talent breeds. I can make some very nice developing backgrounds and lines etc, but always end up thinking 'I could have done this far quicker in Gadget'. Which might be so, BUT what's the converse to this thought that I'm surely missing? Or at least from your side of the river...

• I just enjoy the sounds emanating from the little magic box. I know you could eventually recreate the sonic pallets in Gadget but i honestly don’t have the patience to wire it all up to replicate the final mix Electribe Wave creates every time. I just sounds perfect.

FWIW, you could always feed the StandAlone version of the KEW some nice Midi bits from Gadget if you’re more comfortable in that other magic box from Korg 🙏🏼

• @echoopera said:
    I just enjoy the sounds emanating from the little magic box. I know you could eventually recreate the sonic pallets in Gadget but i honestly don’t have the patience to wire it all up to replicate the final mix Electribe Wave creates every time. I just sounds perfect.

FWIW, you could always feed the StandAlone version of the KEW some nice Midi bits from Gadget if you’re more comfortable in that other magic box from Korg 🙏🏼

agreed...kew always gives me something good! and is a good workflow... even better now as an auv3

• edited April 2020

@echoopera said:
    I just enjoy the sounds emanating from the little magic box. I know you could eventually recreate the sonic pallets in Gadget but i honestly don’t have the patience to wire it all up to replicate the final mix Electribe Wave creates every time. I just sounds perfect.

Oh, why not use Warszawa in Gadget? Does E. Wave standalone have better finalizing FX?

• @reasOne said:

@echoopera said:

agreed...kew always gives me something good! and is a good workflow... even better now as an auv3

Thank you. I hear you both. And needed to know that I wasn't just missing some bit ("Dude! The Worcester Sauce!") :)

• @reasOne said:

@echoopera said:

As regards the auv3....can't even quite imagine it. Am still at the simple stage of trying to fit within the confines, or learning the rules properly before I can break them :) Do you often use multiple versions? And/or what do you find it plays well with in terms of other apps etc?

• Would certainly welcome some more IAPs...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@reasOne said:

@echoopera said:

As regards the auv3....can't even quite imagine it. Am still at the simple stage of trying to fit within the confines, or learning the rules properly before I can break them :) Do you often use multiple versions? And/or what do you find it plays well with in terms of other apps etc?

the auv3 is the synth only, no drums or sequencer so i basically just use it like any other synth, the full app takes a bit longer to learn, there’sa really good youtube on it thatgoes over every part which i found quite insightful. the automation screen is really cool in kew , you can select the parameters via drop down menu and write in automation on everything

• @echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@reasOne said:

Run run run to this bliss filled wonder:

Oh, that was beautiful!

• The more I work with this program the more complex its simplicity becomes.

• Apologies if I’m going mad, but is there any way to find out which patch is currently selected? ! I can see which oscillator, I just can’t see the name of the sound.

• @AtticusL said:
    Apologies if I’m going mad, but is there any way to find out which patch is currently selected? ! I can see which oscillator, I just can’t see the name of the sound.

tap the program button, top right

• Anybody here knows a way to reorder patterns in song mode? I can add patterns with the + button, delete patterns by pressing edit and use the minus button that shows up. But I can't find a way to change the order, i.e. insert a new pattern in the beginning in the song or put the pattern @ index 3 to index 5.

Do I really need to erase all patterns and start from scratch only because I made an intro pattern? Anyone?

• edited October 2020

@AtticusL said:
    Apologies if I’m going mad, but is there any way to find out which patch is currently selected? ! I can see which oscillator, I just can’t see the name of the sound.

Must be a bug @davis_korgrd.
    Loading a preset and hitting the PROGRAM button will show Factory > Bass > Solid Bass on every track.
    Only after changing it to a different preset once, the correct preset will be shown.

• @rs2000 said:

@AtticusL said:

Loading a preset and hitting the PROGRAM button will show Factory > Bass > Solid Bass on every track.
    Only after changing it to a different preset once, the correct preset will be shown.

You should report bugs via their support page, otherwise thd report might not be seen.

• edited October 2020

@rs2000 said:

@AtticusL said:

Ah right! Thank you.

• Is there a way to share patterns between iPads? I bought the app last week and ended up using it on two separate machines.

(So far I find the sounds just ok compared with Gadget — a little grainy sometimes. Gadget also makes it easier to move notes/chords over a slot, instead of having to reenter the chord in a new slot.)

• @dokwok2 said:
    Is there a way to share patterns between iPads? I bought the app last week and ended up using it on two separate machines.

(So far I find the sounds just ok compared with Gadget — a little grainy sometimes. Gadget also makes it easier to move notes/chords over a slot, instead of having to reenter the chord in a new slot.)

Not sure if it’s possible to share patterns.
    Personally didn’t get along with its sequencer, particularly the way it saves all parameters per pattern (instead of global). Much rather use it as Warszawa in Gadget.