Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• Finally picked this up and like it despite the usual Korg idiosyncrasies :)
    Are there any midi program change commands supported for sessions or programs? really hoping that's possible which could make up for lack of AU support.

I guess the iap are essential considering not allowing of wave import....

• IAP are essential imho because the wavetables included are excellent, similar feelings about the Animoog timbres. Hope we will see more in the future!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    IAP are essential imho because the wavetables included are excellent, similar feelings about the Animoog timbres. Hope we will see more in the future!

Is there a particular IAP that's the best one?

• I really like both, think they are on sale currently?
    The Solid pack is great for bass and analog type sounds
    The Atmos (Athmos?) contains some more experimental shapes, plenty that would fit in the Solid pack in there as well.

Can't pick a favourite but glad I don't have to 🙂

• edited August 2019

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Sample import and pattern play mode gives Wave a pretty significant advantage over Groove Rider. Start and jump modes are rad!

User wavetable import, user sample import, user sample slicing - I guess you meant to say that GR16 has these advantages over Wave??

Edit: Sorry, this thread is too huge, I've just tried to talk to old daemons :D

• All you need is jump mode

• So is it a thought, to get either GR-16 or Kew? Or is it me just having this thought.

• Both are amazing in their own way! The sounds of KEW synth are sweet and the sounds and power of GR-16 is second to none!

• Today was a day to revisit a classic in the making...paired up nicely with this little setup

• @echoopera Pretty start that....easy to revisit?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @echoopera Pretty start that....easy to revisit?

Thank you sir. Yeah it is pretty easy to get back on this horse.

• @echoopera said:
    Today was a day to revisit a classic in the making...paired up nicely with this little setup

Really nice track!

• edited November 2019

I spotted this on the japanese Korg site:

Do you think we will get an Electribe Wave update soon with auv3 support ? 🤔

Source: https://www.korg.com/jp/news/2019/112202/

• @White said:
    I spotted this on the japanese Korg site:

Source: https://www.korg.com/jp/news/2019/112202/

Super cool 👍🏼

• edited November 2019

That's really exciting!

Found this on the Aussie site:

• Go Korg!!!

• @White said:
    I spotted this on the japanese Korg site: ...

Great investigative journalism, @White ! Good question, too!

• Never would I have believed that. Wow
    Korg FTW!!!

I would buy the other plugs in a heartbeat

• Korg compatible with AUv3 could be the biggest news since the discovery of sex. For males at least...

• @Jefe0820 said:
    So is it a thought, to get either GR-16 or Kew? Or is it me just having this thought.

If AUv3 support is your only preference then KEW.
    If it's about synthesis, sampling, slicing and wavetable power then GR-16, no question.
    I don't think Jim will consider making GR an AUv3 (except when enough people really want it) but as of today, you can run it in the background or as an IAA and use 16 different instruments simultaneously.
    All with MIDI control and automation.
    Would that be enough?
    Just make sure you save the GR pattern/song with the same name as the project in your AUv3 host.

• edited November 2019

KEW AUv3 ?? Holy mother of crap !!!! Now i'm going constantly refresh Appstore ... best wavetable synth on iOS !

This is great at many levels, hope it means also other Korg synth apps will follow (dreaming of iOdyssei AUv3)

• @dendy said:
    KEW AUv3 ?? Holy mother of crap !!!! Now i'm going constantly refresh Appstore ... best wavetable synth on iOS !

If you find KEW best then you haven't seen any PPG apps yet (or Nave or Gr16) ;)

This is great at many levels, hope it means also other Korg synth apps will follow (dreaming of iOdyssei AUv3)

I hope that too. Would be a good performance test to open up 10 instances in a song :D

• edited November 2019

Calm down. It will be only synth. Like Warszawa Gadget I think.

• edited November 2019

@rs2000
    If you find KEW best then you haven't seen any PPG apps yet (or Nave or Gr16)

ok ok .. but still somehow i like KEW's synth engine most from all available WT synths .. i'm usually more into complex synths with many modulation options but in this case, it simply somehow clicked with me. I really love UI and, most importantly - the sound. Using WT oscillators in combination with cross modulation is just .. exactly my kind of sounds :)

Nave AUv3 would be dream.. but .. i'm too old for dreams, at least for such improbable dreams ...

@MAtrixplan said:
    Calm down. It will be only synth. Like Warszawa Gadget I think.

I hope it will be ! :) I'm interested just in synth part of KEW, packing all groovebox features into AUv3 wouldn't make much sense + it will be mess from UI point of view :)

• Guess we’ll just have to wait for the Appstore to refresh :)

• Will more AU upgrades follow @davis_korgrd — that would be frigging great! Wavestation AU 😳 dreaming big!

makingkorgappsfutureready #AU<3

• edited November 2019

In honor of all the joy the stand alone version has brought to me, i wanted to record a jam session from this evening. This app has brought me so much joy on the iPad. Can’t wait to spread it around and start including it alongside Aparillo and Factory.

Nothing but praises for Korg from me:

• edited November 2019

Again nice tune ! Also strongly appreciate length of track !!! Downloaded audio from that video and added to my daily playlist :)

• edited November 2019

This track, Agent Of Thwart (track 2 on the album) was about half Korg Wave (the other was half Korg Gadget) and was started off in Wave. Originally it was audio filed exported from Wave into Gadget, but toward the end of the album production Wave was able to actually be a Gadget, so I went back and did those parts again as Wave in Gadget.